• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's speed 11 and not crazy OS, I'm in.

If it's a new pearly plastic that the Volt will come in called Electron, I'm in.

Either way if I start saving $0.15 a day, I should be covered by release day.

If it's speed 11 and not crazy OS, I'm in.

If it's a new pearly plastic that the Volt will come in called Electron, I'm in.

Either way if I start saving $0.15 a day, I should be covered by release day.

It's hard to tell much from the graphic on their website, but the little that you can see when the light passes over, underneath the M (from MVP), it looks like possibly a V and an E to me...

^^ I doubt they would hype a current disc this much. They kind of hyped the P Volt, but that was the first driver release in Proton. This is definitely a new mold.

Doughdbihbdijdiunidndiund

These guys are good at suspense.

After watching it a million times here are my thoughts:
Looks like the letters could be "Blast" but that wouldn't fill the entire logo like it looks to do or after seeing a previous comment could be the beginning of the word "Plastic" or perhaps the first letter is an R which could be then followed by an e and an s and t giving us 'rest...' Also either the las or second to last letter is rounded on the bottom like an S....

There's my .02 ....

i'm calling it now, this is a new plastic release. look at the logo for proton and neutron plastic. they all have the circle around the first letter. this is what is being shown in the splash.

/\ Given what we can see of the letters, Blastwave seems like the best guess so far.

For absolutely no good reason, I'm going to throw Watt out there as my prediction.

Clicking the animation leads to page listing the discs, not the plastics, so I would say it is a new disc instead of plastic type. The big letter could be W. As Watt was already mentioned, my guess is Joule.

i was thinking joule as well, but it sounds kinda lame.

as long as we have the amp, why not the ohm? sounds lame too, though. probably should've used it for the tensor, for its resistance. :3

Clicking the animation leads to page listing the discs, not the plastics, so I would say it is a new disc instead of plastic type. The big letter could be W. As Watt was already mentioned, my guess is Joule.

I'm not really sure it's even a big letter in the middle. If you see how the graphic trails out the end of the disc, it reminds me of when the other fairway drivers were released, the graphic of the "electrical wave"

I like how they're slowly releasing a little more of the picture every day.

Any speculation on the glowing red part of the rim that's in the picture today?

Looks like the letters could be "Blast" but that wouldn't fill the entire logo like it looks to do or after seeing a previous comment could be the beginning of the word "Plastic" or perhaps the first letter is an R which could be then followed by an e and an s and t giving us 'rest...' Also either the las or second to last letter is rounded on the bottom like an S....

IMO, there isn't enough room in there for the A. At the most, I see the first 4 letters as being either B or P, L or E, S, and I or T

Last edited:
The more I look at it, the more it looks like RESI as in resistance, which would certainly follow along the trend of electrical properties, but that just looks way too long to fit into that short space...

Sort of looks like an audio wave pattern in the red circle thing. If so it would lend itself to another series of names involving sound science

An OS distance driver named the Resistor would be cool. Of course I have no need for such a disc...but the name would make sense.

I'm not really sure it's even a big letter in the middle. If you see how the graphic trails out the end of the disc, it reminds me of when the other fairway drivers were released, the graphic of the "electrical wave"

I like how they're slowly releasing a little more of the picture every day.

Any speculation on the glowing red part of the rim that's in the picture today?

Yes I agree that it looks like it could be just a wave, it first reminded me of EKG graph but looks like the spikes are at the same level, unlike in the classic EKG graph figure.

Red rim looks weird, maybe Eclipse with red glow? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.