• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what do you guys think MVP's next release should be?!

lol.. j/k

But seriously... A Speed 7 under-stable? or a Speed 11 Volt?

id take either but would rather a 12-13 at this point in the game 11 is like 2009 for DD's. :p

realllllllllly would like a stupid flippy disc though seasoned DX style leo or Old mold visions something off the shelf for the long standstill touch shots or opposite utility hyzer kinda disc which has its use for SURE and I need one. and wouldn't mind a lid at all. PDGA approved catch disc/ultimate market?!

I think it's more likely that they round out this new speed slot than release a distance driver to be honest. That, or a honest-to-goodness flippy mid.

i still wish i could have proton and eclipse versions of the current molds. instead im gonna throw the crap out of my resistors and see what she breaks in to.

I think it would be smart for them to release a slower flippy fairway before the distance drivers.

Maybe a truly flippy mid after that. Distance drivers then, and perhaps some kind of baseline plastic for the mids and putters.

Just got my first two MVP drivers (Amp/Volt) in the mail yesterday. Man, these things look and feel great, even better it seems than my Tangents and Anodes. And pictures don't do justice to the hot pink and highlighter yellow neutron colors. Can't wait to get out on the course tomorrow and let these babies fly!

I think it would be smart for them to release a slower flippy fairway before the distance drivers.

Maybe a truly flippy mid after that. Distance drivers then, and perhaps some kind of baseline plastic for the mids and putters.

This would be perfect. :clap:

I just bought a 172g neutron volt...had one practice throw and joined a 9 hole course tourny drove everytime with the volt and got 7 birdies and took first place I LOVE this disc!!

has mvp used any of your terrible disc names yet? posting it in this thread has guaranteed it wont be used, thus far. (i wish youd all stop)

Picked up a shock today just to have it to compare to the resistor on it's way. So far I am loving it, seems like it has the possibility of replacing my volt even as a main go-to driver.

In other news, I picked up the shock while playing the recreational division at Lemon Lake's "Homie" tournament. A lot of Ion and Axis love it seemed like from all of the divisions but not too many people using their drivers. I got 4th to last place myself. This would normally be bad but I am happy I didn't do the worst with 4 months in. Still, time to go practice all week and work on form.

As for the next disc they should do: a speed 12 disc similar to the volt and call it the gigawatt (also it can travel back in time)

A lot of Ion and Axis love it seemed like from all of the divisions but not too many people using their drivers.

I never understood this one. To me, the fairway drivers are the best part of their lineup. Volt and Shock are amazing.

I never understood this one. To me, the fairway drivers are the best part of their lineup. Volt and Shock are amazing.

Agreed 100%. I am really liking the Ion that Aim gave me but it's never going to replace my wizards. It is excellent for approach shots. It's just not as good, control-wise, for how I putt compared to an SSS wizard.

The fairway drivers have really helped me get my backhand down and slowly push up to releasing and throwing speed 8 to 9 discs correctly.

A lot of Ion and Axis love it seemed like from all of the divisions but not too many people using their drivers.

That's simply because the Ion and Axis were two of their first three discs so they have been around long enough to gather a following. Since none of their drivers simply switch in the bag for a TB, EX, or FB (well now the Resistor might have the FB covered) it's tougher to get competitive players to give them a chance.

has mvp used any of your terrible disc names yet? posting it in this thread has guaranteed it wont be used, thus far. (i wish youd all stop)

I'm pretty sure someone correctly predicted the Resistor, but I doubt MVP got the idea from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.