• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tensor is a lot like the Innova Cro. Small diameter, modest overstability, nobody likes it.
Exactly this. It's also made for people with robot clamp hands.

So, I recently picked up a Tensor and it flies with the HSS of a Proxy and the LSS of an Envy (flips up to flat and holds dead-straight like a Proxy, then dumps off at the end like an Envy...). I assume this is a weird one because Tensors are supposed to be beefy, right?
Follow up question: is it worth trying out another one, or just waiting until the Matrix comes out? I've heard the Matrix is going to be very Zone-like in stability and feel, which would be awesome.

Every Tensor I've thrown was a weird one too then. 3 strikes and I was out with the Tensor.

Easiest Mid for me to fh, eats heavy wind, love the hated rim profile.

I keep going back and forth between wanting to try a Tensor. I really love my Verdict, so I don't really need another OS mid but every time the Tensor comes up, I want to try it again. IDK, I will probably wait to see how I like the Matrix.

Ever hear of event fundraiser discs? Understand the idea behind them? Oh ok... Thanks for posting Zam. I banned myself from the sales page its like a bad addiction. FB annoys me beyond belief with how they have screwed up pages over the years so im salty in general lol.

Cool ass stamp and plastic blend. Are they flat or domey?

They are same as neutron. Same side by side. However, my plasma is 1g heavier than my neutron and I can consistently turn the plasma over with relative ease on a great right glide without rolling it over. Such a great compliment.

Bummer i was hoping for a little more raise to the shoulder like protons for the photon. Will still get one or 2 for the box.

Strange that we aren't seeing more dome with some of these plasma driver releases.

All of the plasma's I've tried have been less stable out of the box than their neutron and proton counterparts. They also seem to have more glide so I'm not sure having some dome would be of much benefit. Unless of course you prefer the feel of a domed disc

Posted on Reddit as well - thanks Aim for the original recommendation - http://imgur.com/40Z3u0J

My Company Disc Golf UK ran a temporary tournament at a stunning golf course yesterday using 17 MVP Black Hole Baskets which we received on Saturday (cutting it fine!)

These are hands down the best temporary baskets on the market. They are excellent. Incredible value for money with a heavy brilliant catching chain and lovely design. Even though the height of the catching area is a lot smaller than a permanent baskets like a Disccatcher or Targetti - they don't feel it. They are lightweight and movable and so easy to put together and breakdown (literally seconds) We got an entire course back in within an hour and the furthest point of the course was almost 2miles out from the clubhouse)

Last years British Champion James Luton won the tournament by a mile shooting a 1033 rated round in the morning - he didn't miss a putt on this round (everything from 60' and in) He was absolutely made up with the baskets, he couldn't believe how well they caught. He came back to the clubhouse saying he had no right to that score but he couldn't miss on the baskets!

I cannot rate these highly enough - that and the generally excellent customer service, packing and help received from MVP with this order (without asking packed all the other discs and bits within the baskets to reduce my shipping costs)

It was nice to deal with a truly professional Disc Golf company, one that with all due respect to the others didn't feel like it was being run by some stoned aging hippies :)

I have no connection with MVP beyond this transaction but was so impressed by everything from them I wanted to share this.

If you are thinking about getting a basket - get an MVP Black Hole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts