• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Didn't he let us know before he sent em out on here? At least what kind of disc they're doing? I know I got a surprise delivery but I thought we kinda had a heads up, I have a poor memory as of late.

I don't believe so, but I can't recall either. I just went through my e-mail and couldn't find anything to help out.

Question for all you Vibramites. I've been using a 167g M Trak for my main wooded driver. I've been loving it for a couple weeks now. My question, though, is how ya'll feel about using the Trak as a turnover disc. Do any of you use a seasoned one for annys? I'm trying to simplify my bag a little, and since I love this disc I'd like to have one as a straight to stable newer fairway and one as a hyzer-flip/turnover disc. Thoughts?

Question for all you Vibramites. I've been using a 167g M Trak for my main wooded driver. I've been loving it for a couple weeks now. My question, though, is how ya'll feel about using the Trak as a turnover disc. Do any of you use a seasoned one for annys? I'm trying to simplify my bag a little, and since I love this disc I'd like to have one as a straight to stable newer fairway and one as a hyzer-flip/turnover disc. Thoughts?

What i've done for a turnover disc was buying a lighter trak. I have a 160g M trak and it will flip every time if I want it to. My 172g M trak will finish right if I put some on it and throw it relatively flat.

Same goes for my Ascents, My 160 Ascent acts like a heavy trak. It will turn a little for me and then eventually fade out.

What i've done for a turnover disc was buying a lighter trak. I have a 160g M trak and it will flip every time if I want it to. My 172g M trak will finish right if I put some on it and throw it relatively flat.

Same goes for my Ascents, My 160 Ascent acts like a heavy trak. It will turn a little for me and then eventually fade out.

Hadn't thought of that! I guess in my head weight wasn't a big factor. Makes sense though...I have a heavy P PD that is way too OS for me even though my S is okay.

I liked my buddies beat firm trak at around 170, thing is a turning machine, he doesn't even use it now but refuses to trade it to me....jerk.

I bought a firm trak 162g to try to make into a turnover driver. It has remained pretty stable while my beefy 164g ascent has beat in close to what I wanted the Trak to do. And my Trak gets thrown more.

The Trak scoots just a little to the right on a 330' throw and fades back on a flat throw. That Ascent will flip up from hyzer and turn to the ground if I don't give it enough height.

So if you want a turnover Trak don't get a domey one, even a light one can be pretty beefy if it has a good dome on it.

I bought a firm trak 162g to try to make into a turnover driver. It has remained pretty stable while my beefy 164g ascent has beat in close to what I wanted the Trak to do. And my Trak gets thrown more.

The Trak scoots just a little to the right on a 330' throw and fades back on a flat throw. That Ascent will flip up from hyzer and turn to the ground if I don't give it enough height.

So if you want a turnover Trak don't get a domey one, even a light one can be pretty beefy if it has a good dome on it.

What he said, flatten it if you have to. My ascent did the same thing after the dome dropped some. I ran some hot water from the faucet over it and it stopped turn and burning at 380' anymore D and I get a little inconsistent with the results sometimes it comes back sometimes no.

Any of you Vibram folks use a soft as your primary putter? I just picked up a soft VP recently for approaches on a slant, but it's quickly making its way into use for putting as well. I just love the way it hits the chains and drops, and it seems to have more glide than the mediums. I've been surprised at how much I like it, and I was curious to see if I was alone on this.

Any of you Vibram folks use a soft as your primary putter? I just picked up a soft VP recently for approaches on a slant, but it's quickly making its way into use for putting as well. I just love the way it hits the chains and drops, and it seems to have more glide than the mediums. I've been surprised at how much I like it, and I was curious to see if I was alone on this.

You make some very astute observations. I have always thought that the softs had more glide than mediums or firms. The softs do seem like they hugg the chains when they hit too. However, the reason I no longer have a soft in my bag is because they were horribly inconsistent out of my hand, especially when I was trying to put a little something something behind it. They rolled about as much as my mediums too. So, I finally figured why not just throw the mediums, which I love. It has worked out well for me to this point.

I nearly lost a Trak the other day because I tried to throw it with a bit of headwind and despite the hyzer angle I put on it, the thing flipped and sailed. Note, it did not turn and burn, it flipped and sailed. It is a Trak I have had in my bag for some time now and gets less and less use because of how flippy it is and because I throw a lot of forehand as well. But, it is a great disc for the shot you are looking for. I believe that my Laces are approaching a similar state, just at the max distance range.

You make some very astute observations. I have always thought that the softs had more glide than mediums or firms. The softs do seem like they hugg the chains when they hit too. However, the reason I no longer have a soft in my bag is because they were horribly inconsistent out of my hand, especially when I was trying to put a little something something behind it. They rolled about as much as my mediums too. So, I finally figured why not just throw the mediums, which I love. It has worked out well for me to this point.

Yeah the consistency issue would be my biggest concern for going with them full time. I'm still trying to figure out if they actually release less consistently for me, or if it's just in my head. At present I feel as though the softs feel so different that I'm unconsciously trying to throw them differently, when in fact they respond best to the same release that my mediums do. Again, I'm trying to figure out if that's actually the case or not; the mediums certainly seem safer, I'm just not sure if it's physical or psychological.

I agree that they're hardest to be consistent with when more oomph is required; that may be because of the extra glide, though. I'll be curious to see which I reach for instinctively at league on Sunday, the mediums or the softs.

Yeah the consistency issue would be my biggest concern for going with them full time. I'm still trying to figure out if they actually release less consistently for me, or if it's just in my head. At present I feel as though the softs feel so different that I'm unconsciously trying to throw them differently, when in fact they respond best to the same release that my mediums do. Again, I'm trying to figure out if that's actually the case or not; the mediums certainly seem safer, I'm just not sure if it's physical or psychological.

I agree that they're hardest to be consistent with when more oomph is required; that may be because of the extra glide, though. I'll be curious to see which I reach for instinctively at league on Sunday, the mediums or the softs.

The whole thing with the softs is that they require perfect/really good form to throw. So if you are trying to add some power to it, you will very different flights. They are made to sit and stick as well as improve you form.

I nearly lost a Trak the other day because I tried to throw it with a bit of headwind and despite the hyzer angle I put on it, the thing flipped and sailed. Note, it did not turn and burn, it flipped and sailed. It is a Trak I have had in my bag for some time now and gets less and less use because of how flippy it is and because I throw a lot of forehand as well. But, it is a great disc for the shot you are looking for. I believe that my Laces are approaching a similar state, just at the max distance range.

Thanks, Trojan!

I've been using a firm VP for about a year, maybe year and a half. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan. The grip bugs the living crap out of me. Plus, I really don't think it holds the chains as well as it should. Mind you, yt glides nicely but I really don't like holding it. I just bought a soft Sole and am looking forwarding to trying it out.

The whole thing with the softs is that they require perfect/really good form to throw. So if you are trying to add some power to it, you will very different flights. They are made to sit and stick as well as improve you form.

Yeah, I've definitely seen the flight variance at different power levels. Still getting used to that, and seeing if it's something I'll want to adjust to or something that will drive me back to the mediums. I did put almost exclusively with the softs today over the course of two runs, and did very well with them. Still surprised at how much I'm liking them; we'll see if they stick around as my primary putter for the long hall. Worst case scenario, I'll just go back to the mediums.

I've been using a firm VP for about a year, maybe year and a half. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan. The grip bugs the living crap out of me. Plus, I really don't think it holds the chains as well as it should. Mind you, yt glides nicely but I really don't like holding it. I just bought a soft Sole and am looking forwarding to trying it out.

I'm not a fan of the firms. Just doesn't feel as unique as the medium and soft does, and I also don't like how it takes to the chains. Mediums and softs are much better at that IMO. Good luck with your Sole!