• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Yeah, I've definitely seen the flight variance at different power levels. Still getting used to that, and seeing if it's something I'll want to adjust to or something that will drive me back to the mediums. I did put almost exclusively with the softs today over the course of two runs, and did very well with them. Still surprised at how much I'm liking them; we'll see if they stick around as my primary putter for the long hall. Worst case scenario, I'll just go back to the mediums.

I'm not a fan of the firms. Just doesn't feel as unique as the medium and soft does, and I also don't like how it takes to the chains. Mediums and softs are much better at that IMO. Good luck with your Sole!

Yeah putting with the firms does not work out for me. I'll have to try putting with the softs again, but I just like my mediums to much. I've been practicing putting a good bit more lately and man I love my Summit. Managed to sink a couple of 75+ feet putts. Two back to back!! :D

Because I know Dana posts in here from time to time, go have some fun at Worlds! Tear it up and make the Vibram fanatics proud!

Guys, I don't know where else to post this but I have a summit that is marked b.v. on the back. Does anyone know what that stands for? Run?

I've been using a firm VP for about a year, maybe year and a half. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan. The grip bugs the living crap out of me. Plus, I really don't think it holds the chains as well as it should. Mind you, yt glides nicely but I really don't like holding it. I just bought a soft Sole and am looking forwarding to trying it out.

I have an M Sole and an F Sole and there is hardly any difference in my case, both are fairly firm with a firm thumb press able to bend the material slightly. I have an F Trak which is actually stiff; stiffer than my F Sole, for sure. It made me wonder about reordering if F is different on a per mold basis, or just over different runs? I dislike my F Trak, but like my current F Sole. How stiff is yours next to M?

Cheers,

I've felt older firms that were stiff as hell, then some that were pretty flexible especially in the flight plate. Newer firms I've felt were slightly flexible but had an amazing grippy texture. Compared to mediums the flight plates were very similiar but when you got to the rim there is a noticeable difference in density and flexibility. Was really hoping firm soles were much stiffer than mediums, guess I'll stick with my ridges.

Last edited:
It should say on the bottom: s,m,or f.
If not the soft should be able to fold like an omega or gumbputt very easily, a medium would be able to do that with a little muscle behind it and a firm will only bend a few degrees maybe a fourth of the way to bending it in half

Guys, I don't know where else to post this but I have a summit that is marked b.v. on the back. Does anyone know what that stands for? Run?

Saw your post here, and in the other thread. Need more info.
Where is it marked b.v. ?
Is it written in , or is it part of the stamp ?
If its stamped, where ? ?

Hey brand new to disc golf only started about 4 days ago. Do far I have a lace a med ibex a soft trac might have been a mistake on the soft and a summit. Still not driving very far but I am doing better then my buddy who is throwing innova. I keep getting a bad fade to the right I'm a left handed thrower could any vibram disk help with this. Or is it cause I still just suck lol

Saw your post here, and in the other thread. Need more info.
Where is it marked b.v. ?
Is it written in , or is it part of the stamp ?
If its stamped, where ? ?

hey man. Its written on the center under flight plate like it was done at factory. I can post pic later. Doesn't look like someone's name or owner or anything.

hey man. Its written on the center under flight plate like it was done at factory. I can post pic later. Doesn't look like someone's name or owner or anything.

That was on the Summit when I got it and I wasn't sure what it was then either if you're referring to the one you got from me.

Hey brand new to disc golf only started about 4 days ago. Do far I have a lace a med ibex a soft trac might have been a mistake on the soft and a summit. Still not driving very far but I am doing better then my buddy who is throwing innova. I keep getting a bad fade to the right I'm a left handed thrower could any vibram disk help with this. Or is it cause I still just suck lol

I started about 6 weeks ago, Bought some cheap Innova discs, didn't know what the numbers meant... Went to a local disc shop and saw Vibram makes discs. Now my bag is only Vibram.

When I started, I could barely throw 100' without the discs crashing into the ground to the left (RHBH). This was from 3 things:
1) My form was terrible
2) My discs were too heavy
3) My disc speed rating were too high

I was very frustrated after a couple weeks.
I backtracked, read dozens of web pages to educate myself, watched probably a hundred videos on YT. Purchased a 155g Summit, 157g Ibex and 154g Trak, used those exclusively to help compensate number 2 and 3 above. Threw only those discs for almost three weeks.

Long story short, what helped me the most, get yourself a lightweight Ibex and maybe a lightweight Trak. Both these discs are Stable to Understable, which is what new players need. This will help with your fade to the right. Also, if you do get a Summit, try an entire round of 18 holes with it and only it. That will teach you a lot.

I've reached 300' recently with my Trak/Ascent. Now, when I do throw my Ridge, Obex, and Ascent, I get the predicable high fade to the left (again, RHBH) because these discs are Overstable. I'm still learning, even after 2 dozen rounds.

Lastly, even being able to throw about 300' now, I still never throw my Lace. The speed required for it to perform the way it is supposed to is still out of my physical capability.

-Triz

Well, yeah, you are on a steep learning curve right now. Good job choosing Vibram, it took me much longer to find the best discs on the market. Because of the way Vibram has gone about making discs it is my opinion that they are better for lower level players than most other discs on the market. There really isn't a disc out there that will correct bad form, but I highly reccomend the Summit, Ibex, Trak combo and then when you think you can throw better, pick up one of the soon to be officially released UnLaces.

Okay thanks everyone. So I looked at my disk I'm pretty sure they are all on the heavy side. So today I will pick up a lighter ibex and trac. To be honest being new I just grabbed by color having no clue what the weights where.

Guys. Trak vs Ascent.
Not quite right comparisons, IMO:

Trak = Leopard
Ascent = Teebird

Given similar weights, I think my mediums are both a little more stable than their Champion equivalents, particularly the Trak. For someone who has 300'ish power, like me, I don't think there's much need for the Ascent aside from possible headwind duty. If I'm turning the Trak over, it's because of me, not the disc.

I bag them both and would preferably have a freak overstable of each to compliment. Freak traks are straight bombers with some horizontal movement whereas ascents of the same stability "S" more, given the terrain both are very useful. Plus having a beefy ascent let's me feel like I'm throwing a FB for distance where I can't get my XXX that far. There's alot of lines I can hit just from getting each in varying stabilities that don't require much of a learning curve, but ultimately I could probably be fine with 3 ascents. If I had to go without one the ascent would be it.