• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

Great description of the way the disc flies. I agree. I also agree the Ti plastic in this disc is softer and grippier than the Ti discs I have. Especially in the flight plate. However I threw a lot of overhands with this disc and it looked brand new after the event. No scratches or dings. Cleaned it up and it really looks brand new. I abused the crap out of one of them and left the other basically unthrown to see just how bad I beat it up. It took some really hard hits on trees and a full power tomahawk into chains at less than 100 ft. Very impressed with the durability.

Personally I do not see how this disc is beginner friendly though. It likes speed and snap. Could be a bit of a meat hook for new players maybe not like Firebird/Predator meat hook but, I don't see it flying straight for new people.

I am agreeing with this. At the speeds thrown at an Ace race, I don't see getting any anhyzer lines. I could not get the disc to hold one. Any left to right lines (RHBH) would have to be handled with a forehand. Very nice on the hyzer line though, made for some great runs at my Ace Race. Good description of the plastic.

I am agreeing with this. At the speeds thrown at an Ace race, I don't see getting any anhyzer lines. I could not get the disc to hold one. Any left to right lines (RHBH) would have to be handled with a forehand. Very nice on the hyzer line though, made for some great runs at my Ace Race. Good description of the plastic.

one of my aces was with an anny line, had it missed it was going 50 feet past (like the first one did) but I did get it to hold an anny pretty well, and just fight out in the end.

I am not sure this disc will find a permanent spot in my full bag (although I am gonna do some field testing because it might be replacing something) but in a smaller bag, I can for sure see this taking the overstable/workhorse fairway spot.

Ace video from an Ace Race today!!! This is from 24 Cha!ns' Ace Race at Water Works in Ypsilanti, MI:

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151880803140934

For better quality, you may have to shrink the window down if it defaults to full screen..

This hole was set at 178 feet. I would say that this disc is a tracker / pred mix. also peoples were calling it a Stalker OS which I could see as fitting. We had a couple long arms Bombing this in a open field at lunch and were getting some mad Distance for a disc designed for a beginner (i.e. STABLE!!)

Sounds like the disc itself might be good, but Discraft's description as a beginner friendly distance driver is rather misleading.

This hole was set at 178 feet. I would say that this disc is a tracker / pred mix. also peoples were calling it a Stalker OS which I could see as fitting. We had a couple long arms Bombing this in a open field at lunch and were getting some mad Distance for a disc designed for a beginner (i.e. STABLE!!)

Is it Ti Stalker beefy or more so?

Is it Ti Stalker beefy or more so?

More IMO. I have Ti, Glo, esp, and all versions of stalker. This is more os than Ti IMO. I was aiming A LOT of drives as skip shots and it might make the bag for that alone if it ever goes to production. Also, IMO the plastic feels less esp/Ti and more Elite-x/ti. Gummier than normal and a lot of the discs had glitter in them. (Red / blue / Green)

"Beginner Friendly" doesn't necessarily mean understable.
I think it is beginner friendly in that it is a lower speed driver.

I hear you, but it sounds mildly meathookish for a low speed driver.
When people start out, recommended drivers are typically discs at the lower end of the stability spectrum (e.g. Leopard, XS, XL, JLS, River...), molds that aren't quite as stable as people are making this out to be; stuff newer players have a decent shot at throwing straight. This seems like something that "always hooks to the left" for most beginners, and a be bit harder for them to put where they want it to go.

Not saying it's bad, but molds like PD's, Vikings, Eagles (all of which this has been compared to), don't get a lot of run in the "I'm a newb, what discs should I throw?" threads.

Just my $0.02 :|

Last edited:
GLvF4mU.jpg

9YQmBZq.jpg

(Don't mind me....)

I didn't like this years proto's at all. Good plastic but WAY too much fade. It flew more straight and predictable when I tossed it forehand however.

Last edited:
I like the Ace Race disc. Much better when thrown at full power (unlike the short holes we had at our Ace Race). For now the disc has made it in my bag. It does not kick anything out, but it sits between my beat Vibram Ascent and my Champ Banshee.

Latest posts