• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC

Does the Performance Flight play the same holes as the Open Flight? 'Cause Holly Finley is under par and she's beating a few veteran/top pros. Either they play differently, or that just proves that slow and steady is sometimes better than aggressive. (Such as her layup strategy on 17)

Edit: I just saw her scores, and it looks like it's based off of a projected par, and not actual. Is that right?

Performance flight is all based off of projected par for each player. She is definately not beating or any where near the open flight

Day 3 Coverage from my world ...

Hey guys,

I just wanted to quickly post and tell everyone that my video blog coverage with interviews from our top players (and even non-players such as Valarie Jenkins) is up and ready for your viewing pleasure.

This week has been crazy as I've focused on getting every single shot from the leadercard vs my normal approach which was to wonder around getting 'highlight' shots from groups all over the course. This week's approach has been far more time consuming, restricting, and challenging for sure. However, I must say that when I ask someone like Steve Brinster, "What's your favorite highlight" it's great to know that I DO have it captured and I can immediately reference that footage.

I hope that doing these interviews and other quick clips is something that everyone enjoys. I've already thought about putting together FULL ROUND videos of this week but that will require a ton of editing and would have to be posted in upcoming weeks.

Enjoy the live coverage, the vlog coverage, the written coverage, the Tweets, and all of the other amazing ways we can consume our beloved sport. As for me, time to charge up batteries, empty the SD cards, and get back to it!

He was talking about Marty McGee's video coverage. Dude's been shooting rounds and editing/uploading by the following morning to YouTube, in HD. He's making DGPTV look like a joke, especially since he doesn't have Sweater Vest and Fake Tan doing the commentary.

im sure pmb will sneak up and destroy everyone in the final round as always though.

Thats what i was commenting upon.

I think it is good for the sport to have several videographers and photographers providing coverage. I was in Rock Hill Mon - Wed this week and saw more photographers early in the week than I am accustomed to seeing on the weekend of previous years. I can remember 2-3 years ago when only a few photographers were taking pics (e.g., Matt Peckham, Lauren Lakeberg, Jason Allind, myself and others). With the growth of the sport more photographers and videographers are popping up and the exposure should be positive. I have posted some pics of early this week on my site, www.somanyroads.smugmug.com under the 2013 USDGC tab. I am terrible at taking pics of people but hopefully some of you will like them.

Why is there a "battle" at all? DGP is doing it live. The others are recorded and edited. It's not really a direct comparison or a competition. It's not as though it has to be either/or. They all co-exist.

The DG Guy, McFly, etc are doing very good things. So is DGP. It's ALL good for the sport.

Definitely. I've watched coverage of this week from all 3 mentioned and have enjoyed all of it. :thmbup:

McBeth is -11 through 12 today. Was a little too far behind but still going into McBeast mode on the final day.

Amazing developments these last few holes. Doss just lost the tourney. :(

I don't know what it is about Paul and the final round. He continues to amaze.

Latest posts