• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Texas State Championships NT

That thread I just read on facebook was epic. Mcbeths last blast definitely adds a bit of intrigue. (Aprox "if everyone else is gonna stay home and play c tiers Ricky needs to get paid more than everyone else")

1075766_10152357704297764_1177729194_n.jpg

Seems to be taking the loss well.

Seems to be taking the loss well.
Real classy. :thmbdown:

The Aviar post was sad. This one is just pathetic. Take the loss like a man.

For all the animosity that Paul seems to have towards Prodigy, I wonder if he realizes how much better his sponsorship became as a result of everyone joining Team Prodigy...

How does your foot taste?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Did/Will he even follow through on the bet?

Last edited:
Honestly the thing I find funniest is the hate going back and forth between the non pros in that thread who have no attachment to either company. I don't get how those guys are that angry.

Oh well, more fun for the rest of us! :popcorn::popcorn:
I read that this morning. yeah it's funny how non-pros all all bent about McBeth calling Ricky out. ohh well, it'll make for some intersting battles in the future.

I did LOL at the "fraudigy" comment.. that was epic!

Real classy. :thmbdown:

The Aviar post was sad. This one is just pathetic. Take the loss like a man.

For all the animosity that Paul seems to have towards Prodigy, I wonder if he realizes how much better his sponsorship became as a result of everyone joining Team Prodigy...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Did/Will he even follow through on the bet?

It is possible that Innova has been "coaching" him to stir the pot on this stuff.

It is possible that Innova has been "coaching" him to stir the pot on this stuff.

It is entirely possible, I guess. Considering these jabs only seem to come out when he loses, I'm not entirely sure it is. If that is the case though, it's a shame that his character isn't strong enough to tell Innova to do their own dirty work.

Good thing he's apparently well-compensated to the point where he doesn't have to potentially rely on a former teammate for help.

ROFL @ Joe Bishop. He shot a hot +53. DFL other than those that DNF. Please go back to MO or wherever you're from and don't ever come back to our great state of Texas.

ROFL @ Joe Bishop. He shot a hot +53. DFL other than those that DNF. Please go back to MO or wherever you're from and don't ever come back to our great state of Texas.

I'm pleasantly surprised he stuck it out and actually finished. Seems out of character - in a good way.

Paul says he was pleased/surprised how well his McPros worked in the wind. As someone who loves the McPros, I still feel the KC Pros would've worked soooo much better that day. Of course, he can't say the McPros aren't as good in the wind...he wants ppl to be buying those. I can see why he would be bitter that Ricky, who should also be promoting his own gear, got to use the KC aviar.

As much as I love the McPros, I will still pull out my KC Pros when it gets windy and DX's when it gets below freezing.

Judging from the comments on that post, I feel like there might be a little saltiness between the Prodigy and Innova guys. Not sure how much ill intent was intended to begin with, but there's definitely some in the comments.

I've been curious about if there's been legit heat b/t Prodigy players and Innova players. Does it really matter and should I really care? No, but it is very intriguing to see and hear about when the stuff is done more publicly, it seems all the pro's seem pretty PC about their discussions about other companies and players from opposing sponsors. This is the first I've seen of a dg pro making comments like this that I can recall off the top of my head.

It always seemed like most of them were friends and got along pretty well, but I'd seen comments where McBeth seemed not as keen on Schusterick and made a comment about WS "whining" on dgcr on a thread somewhere after a loss, and other things where Big Jerm seemed to be either trolling or ribbing McBeth's posts on social media, either as a friendly joke or because of legit beef. Could never tell...

That said, there's a lotta surprising back and forth.. I'm more interested to see the pros' takes on this than anything. I can see both sides to the coin honestly. On one hand, Prodigy is a young company and if it's allowed in their contract, who cares? And then on the other, if an Under Armour player wore Nike shoes publicly, they'd probably be scorched for it too. So... whatever... definitely fun to watch though!

Last edited:
I know it was already said, but the best part is the fans of each company getting upset and arguing. The Pros bickering and acting childish is one thing. People attach themselves to a company, or forever disown, for whatever reason. Then they use facebook to make themselves seem silly. It is great. Gotta love thread drift. At least Disc Golf has silly fans like other big sports.

I've been curious about if there's been legit heat b/t Prodigy players and Innova players. Does it really matter and should I really care? No, but it is very intriguing to see and hear about when the stuff is done more publicly, it seems all the pro's seem pretty PC about their discussions about other companies and players from opposing sponsors. This is the first I've seen of a dg pro making comments like this that I can recall off the top of my head.

It always seemed like most of them were friends and got along pretty well, but I'd seen comments where McBeth seemed not as keen on Schusterick and made a comment about WS "whining" on dgcr on a thread somewhere after a loss, and other things where Big Jerm seemed to be either trolling or ribbing McBeth's posts on social media, either as a friendly joke or because of legit beef. Could never tell...

That said, there's a lotta surprising back and forth.. I'm more interested to see the pros' takes on this than anything. I can see both sides to the coin honestly. On one hand, Prodigy is a young company and if it's allowed in their contract, who cares? And then on the other, if an Under Armour player wore Nike shoes publicly, they'd probably be scorched for it too. So... whatever... definitely fun to watch though!

I think by and large these guys are friendly with each other. I don't know that there's too much legit heat between them, and if there is, it's for reasons beyond sponsors and disc choices.

That said, I can understand why McBeth would point out that a player was using a disc from his (McBeth's) sponsor to beat him, whether that player was sponsored by another company or not. Doesn't have to be sour grapes as it's still advertisement for his sponsor. I think it's the fanboys who want to make more of it than perhaps he intended.

It is pointless to try to create drama where there is none. That comes across as just childish to me. The vast majority of these pros are stand up guys who are friends with each other. If they say something dramatic, go for it...but if you are trying to sift through clues and read stuff into what they are saying that isn't there that is just immature, IMO.

No disrespect to Paul, but it makes him look really petty and childish to trash a player for the equipment he was using while beating him.

He made some similar childish remarks when he lost the memorial last year and will was throwing a mixed bag.

Paul, we get your beef. But seriously, if it actually matters to you, just go beat them. Their equipment shouldnt be the thing that beat you or stopped them from beating you, right?

Also, i thought Ricky putted JK's

No disrespect to Paul, but it makes him look really petty and childish to trash a player for the equipment he was using while beating him.

He made some similar childish remarks when he lost the memorial last year and will was throwing a mixed bag.

Paul, we get your beef. But seriously, if it actually matters to you, just go beat them. Their equipment shouldnt be the thing that beat you or stopped them from beating you, right?

Also, i thought Ricky putted JK's

arent you a Prodigy Bro?

and Paul does beat them. at Worlds.

Its easy to call them childish when you aren't the one competing at a high level. There was no visible bad blood in the round I watched on Sunday. This banter between them is pretty normal in any sport. Disc Golf fans are just lucky enough to hear the "club house" talk first hand because of how accessible these guys are.

arent you a Prodigy Bro?

and Paul does beat them. at Worlds.

Think Paul is all right with his play and performances over the last two years vs Team Prodigy. I think if it was a KC Pro Aviar stamped with Prodigy hotstamp then i'm saying that is BS and should be called out for it. There is something very wrong with that. I do agree though that it does come off as sour grapes, but I think I would put it out there also though if I was in the same situation.