• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Texas State Championships NT

It should be mentioned (not necessarily "called out") even if there isn't any Prodigy hotstamp. For the rest of us without the keen eye, or didn't watch any of the videos yet, we might not have known Ricky was putting with a KC aviar. If Paul didn't bring this up, I might have thought Ricky was only using Prodigy putters. Would Prodigy have mentioned that if Paul didn't? Or would they just sweep it under the rug and insist their players only use Prodigy discs.

It should be mentioned (not necessarily "called out") even if there isn't any Prodigy hotstamp. For the rest of us without the keen eye, or didn't watch any of the videos yet, we might not have known Ricky was putting with a KC aviar. If Paul didn't bring this up, I might have thought Ricky was only using Prodigy putters. Would Prodigy have mentioned that if Paul didn't? Or would they just sweep it under the rug and insist their players only use Prodigy discs.

Funny that there are comments like this, but the general consensus seems to be that pros don't help sell discs. If anything, they cost manufacturers money, right...? :rolleyes:

You know what realllllllllllly doesn't matter?!

:|

the putter Ricky or Paul choose to use or what either of them say about it. ...Paul said something along the lines of "what pro will win an NT with a ION" -- Clearly he has an aviar fetish.

Maybe they both are using wizards and just get whatever they want stamped on them. . . :popcorn:

I know that, but I'm guessing Discmania doesn't want their pros tossing 80-90% Innova brand discs. They probably want most of the discs in their bags to be from their specific lines.

Thanks for proving my point with the ITB vids from Innova pros, whose bags are made up of 80-90% Innova line molds with the OCCASIONAL Mill/DM/HB mold. Cheers

Last edited:
arent you a Prodigy Bro?

and Paul does beat them. at Worlds.

Id like to think im not any kind of bro, i throw what i like. 5 different brands at the moment.
Like i said, no disrespect to him personally , he is obviously very very good and the best in the world on any given day. Regardless of his equipment.

Think Paul is all right with his play and performances over the last two years vs Team Prodigy. I think if it was a KC Pro Aviar stamped with Prodigy hotstamp then i'm saying that is BS and should be called out for it. There is something very wrong with that. I do agree though that it does come off as sour grapes, but I think I would put it out there also though if I was in the same situation.

I guess i just dont understand why anyone cares. Never mind its the same people that hate on prodigy any other day of the week, this just seems insignificant. The guy isnt comfortable with prodigys putter yet, or maybe never will be. Get over it.

Remember when innova players were rumored to use Z wasps cuz they were closest thing to an 01 roc? Omg the outrage...

I guess i just dont understand why anyone cares.

I really don't care whay anyone throws. I throw what works for me.

But what I do care about is being lied to. I feel like that Prodigy is lying to everyone about what their players throw.

As a potential customer, that's a HUGE red flag. Mixed bags from sponsored players isn't uncommon - Steve Rico, Gateway, etc. But to act like it's not happening. Yeah, not getting my dollar.

I don't recall such animosity when it was discovered Nikko was putting Wizards when he was sponsored by Innova.

I don't recall such animosity when it was discovered Nikko was putting Wizards when he was sponsored by Innova.

I also dont recall nikko winning with innova. Then again I could just not be remebering correctly. I think this would be alot bigger of a deal if ricky had a in the bag saying he used prodigy putters...honestly im not suprised after watchin him getting angry at the gcc. Also I dont see mcbeth being at fault his job is to promote his sponsors product. Ricky was using innova so paul used it to plug his company the fact that rickys choice put prodigy im a bad light is his fault or prodigys for allowing it.

So it's only negative if someone wins? Give me a break.

As zj said, we're privy to inside information in disc golf that isn't exposed in other sports. There's no doubt that things like this happen more frequently than we know. Paul just has no need to make statements like this. His record speaks for itself.

This instance, and his jab at Will at last year's Memorial to a lesser degree, just reeks of the kid writing names of the kids who talk in class on the chalkboard while the teacher's out of the room. It's sad, especially coming from the number one player in the world.

I really don't care whay anyone throws. I throw what works for me.

But what I do care about is being lied to. I feel like that Prodigy is lying to everyone about what their players throw.

As a potential customer, that's a HUGE red flag. Mixed bags from sponsored players isn't uncommon - Steve Rico, Gateway, etc. But to act like it's not happening. Yeah, not getting my dollar.

As a customer or potential customer, i suppose you decide whats important to you. Even if its something trivial in the grand scheme of things, its your money. This is at least kind of a valid argument.

Don't get me wrong, i think its odd. But not to the point where i would try and take away from someones win. Message boards are the place where the haters can go to voice their silly, baseless, contrived and sometimes fabricated gossip and opinions. I expect it.
What i don't expect is for the champ himself to lower himself to taking shots at his peers because it was windy and his ego is bruised. Guess it comes with most of them being kids and social media access blah blah. Our sport isnt big enough for this Nascar-esque drama. The best in the sport can be rivals without being jerks and taking subtle jabs at each other on facebook. That statement was for all of them, because ive seen it several times from others too

Why does everyone assume this wasn't lighthearted? I'm sure Prodigy "management" wasn't real happy about it but who's to say Ricky and Paul hadn't joked about it on the course?

Why does everyone assume this wasn't lighthearted? I'm sure Prodigy "management" wasn't real happy about it but who's to say Ricky and Paul hadn't joked about it on the course?

Thats not how I and obviously others interpreted it.

Maybe Paul will come and chime in here and set it straight

Thats not how I and obviously others interpreted it.

Maybe Paul will come and chime in here and set it straight

I'm well aware everyone thinks is the start of a war but Paul and Ricky toured together not that long ago. Why does everyone assume they are all of a sudden enemies?

I know that, but I'm guessing Discmania doesn't want their pros tossing 80-90% Innova brand discs. They probably want most of the discs in their bags to be from their specific lines.

Thanks for proving my point with the ITB vids from Innova pros, whose bags are made up of 80-90% Innova line molds with the OCCASIONAL Mill/DM/HB mold. Cheers

You obviously misinterpreted my intent. That's exactly what I was saying. They don't have to be 100% and an occasional coop-company.. So I guess we agreed, and wasted everyone's time.

Now back to Texas States ... is there any video of the bad wind-blown approached by Weese on 12 or Cat Allens drive up against the Tahoe and not being able to get a true stance because someone PARKED on the fairway? Whoever that was could have parked in the grass on the other side of the parking lot if the lot was full when they pulled up.

Last edited:
I'm well aware everyone thinks is the start of a war but Paul and Ricky toured together not that long ago. Why does everyone assume they are all of a sudden enemies?

I dont think its personal. Thats what irritates me. That comments like that would be made at ricks expense whenever its not personal. That he would effectively crap on a major win like that because he was using a putter he was comfortable with.

Maybe im wrong. Id be happy if i was.

Maybe youve given him the out he needs to play this off like it was something else. Who knows.