• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Texas State Championships NT

It seems like the problem with this (team P not always throwing all P) is mostly that the self-generated fanfare with how they entered the market ("changing the game") set them up for failure if any of them weren't comfortable with enough of the molds to go all-P...especially for the brand-boy non-pros out here who got their feelings hurt when the players left the various companies.

The Prodigy launch, the way it went down, really set a high bar for the team w/r/t throwing all Prodigy, and we in the DGCR high court of DG opinion hold them to a higher standard on this, maybe.

Those of us here that are into the idea of DG getting to the 'next level,' this is one of the steps...players being sponsored by products/companies they aren't actually consumers of.

Who are the Prodigy sponsored pros playing in C-Tiers? That's some bull**** right there.

I guess every team has their superstars and supporting cast, but these are supposed to be the top young stars of today and it sucks to see these baggers hogging up all the $200 purses.

I'm guessing he was talking about Phil Arthur playing back home in Georgia.

C-Tier same weekend

At first I assumed it was Cam, but I think he's still injured and cannot play at all.

McBeth made some dumb comments... He should know better than to belittle competitors.

If I was the #1 rated in the world, I would want my opponents to throw only what they feel betters them. I wouldn't want to win knowing the runner up was using equipment that may not bring out their best game.

I'm guessing he was talking about Phil Arthur playing back home in Georgia.

C-Tier same weekend

At first I assumed it was Cam, but I think he's still injured and cannot play at all.

Phil was a late add to the tournament. It wasn't until 10PM the night before that he opted to take a pro spot that had opened up. With seven 1000 rated pros and $600 to first place, it didn't seem like a bad idea to me.

McBeth made some dumb comments... He should know better than to belittle competitors.

If I was the #1 rated in the world, I would want my opponents to throw only what they feel betters them. I wouldn't want to win knowing the runner up was using equipment that may not bring out their best game.

Uhh.
As far as what the Prodigy players are saying EVERY Frisbee in their bags are by Far the best molds in the best plastics they have ever thrown.. So they should be bringing the best out in their game! Not throwning crappy Innova molds HA! :D

nah, will tours heavily and that tourney was in early Jan when nothing else is going on. phil kinda makes sense though he was at vegas and the memorial.

either way, he comes off as a douchebag with comments like that.

yeah, i tried to delete my post. just randomly saw his name on that tourney. was too late by the time i tried.

apparently he thought better of it and deleted that post.

Doesn't matter who he's talking about. He's wrong to think that any sponsored player shouldn't be playing local events. Until we get to a point where we have a full time tour that can, by itself, sustain more than a handful of players financially, we absolutely cannot begrudge any player playing any tournament anywhere at any time.

Expecting players, particularly pro players trying to make a living at the game, to be altruistic about their tournament choices is patently unfair to them. Who is anyone to tell them they have to spend $500-600 (entry + lodging + travel) to go to an out of town tournament where finishing top 5 or top 10 is their only chance of breaking even on their expenses, when they can stay home, play another tournament at 10% of the cost, and have a chance to profit a bit? Give me a break with the poor mouth up and comers thing too. If they're really up and comers, they're going to have to deal with playing against and beating these sponsored players at some point. They have to earn their winnings same as any other pro. If they can't hack it, they're welcome to go back to the am divisions.

good point, well said

Uhh.
As far as what the Prodigy players are saying EVERY Frisbee in their bags are by Far the best molds in the best plastics they have ever thrown.. So they should be bringing the best out in their game! Not throwning crappy Innova molds HA! :D

It's a company that has existed for less than two years. Do you expect pro's that have been playing for 10+ years to drop what they already know to move onto something they may not be comfortable with yet? Would be incredibly stupid and reckless if you want to compete.

As for what the prodigy players are saying, start quoting them or don't put words in their mouth.

Prodigy is very good at marketing their product, are you really going to fault them for being successful in sales?

It's a company that has existed for less than two years. Do you expect pro's that have been playing for 10+ years to drop what they already know to move onto something they may not be comfortable with yet? Would be incredibly stupid and reckless if you want to compete.

As for what the prodigy players are saying, start quoting them or don't put words in their mouth.

Prodigy is very good at marketing their product, are you really going to fault them for being successful in sales?

You are fogetting one important detail. It was these players CHOICES to switch. They weren't forced.

Doesn't even MVP outsell Prodigy?

You are fogetting one important detail. It was these players CHOICES to switch. They weren't forced.

No, your right. No one was forced.

These players made the switch before prodigy had a decent line of discs out. Which tells me they switched because they were unhappy with their former sponsors, not their sponsors product.

They made the choice based off their best interest. Wouldn't you?

No, your right. No one was forced.

These players made the switch before prodigy had a decent line of discs out. Which tells me they switched because they were unhappy with their former sponsors, not their sponsors product.

They made the choice based off their best interest. Wouldn't you?

Of course. They were getting financial gain that no other company could provide.

And it's obvious it was the best deal out there - You had people from Gateway, Discraft and Innova all move. If everyone that switched was Innova only or Discraft only, I beleive that would tell you a lot.

And it's 100% natural for them to throw a mixed bag for a while. But here we are 15 months later and you see video after video showing what they are showing. And everytime a new disc comes out, you see 9 of them share the post on Facebook. And that's fine.

But when what they are telling you is incorrect, you have an issue. This to me is fradulant advertising and if we were in a bigger sport, you would see lawsuits.

Imagine if Tiger started hitting a Titleist Ball and Nike ran commercials talking about Tiger playing the Nike ball. That's got lawsuit written all over it.

But let them keep on keeping on. I don't buy or throw their stuff and if they continue down this path, they will eventually fold.

It's perfectly reasonable for Paul to point out that Ricky was using a KC Pro. I'm glad to know it.

When I watched the video I thought thought the profile and putt paths seemed like KC Pro but I could not be certain. The PA-1 is flatter and while it has about the same stability it does not carry forward on a line as far as the KC Pro does.

Of course. They were getting financial gain that no other company could provide.

And it's obvious it was the best deal out there - You had people from Gateway, Discraft and Innova all move. If everyone that switched was Innova only or Discraft only, I beleive that would tell you a lot.

And it's 100% natural for them to throw a mixed bag for a while. But here we are 15 months later and you see video after video showing what they are showing. And everytime a new disc comes out, you see 9 of them share the post on Facebook. And that's fine.

But when what they are telling you is incorrect, you have an issue. This to me is fradulant advertising and if we were in a bigger sport, you would see lawsuits.

Imagine if Tiger started hitting a Titleist Ball and Nike ran commercials talking about Tiger playing the Nike ball. That's got lawsuit written all over it.

But let them keep on keeping on. I don't buy or throw their stuff and if they continue down this path, they will eventually fold.

+1 - :hfive:

This is the most blatant case of false advertising since my case against "The Never-Ending Story"!