• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Texas State Championships NT

The SSA today looks like it's coming in around 67 equivalent for 18 holes, close to Winthrop Gold.

Yeah, but 1 over par so far today is above his rating at 1053 unofficial.

Since Paul's rating is currently the highest in the history of ratings -- wouldn't it be fun since it looks like Paul's weekend has three rounds above 1050 if the PDGA refigured his rating to give a "temporary" high-water mark.

Just saying -- 1051? 1052?

I think Climo got to 1040 first -- I thought that was silly. 1050 average is silly - silly.

Last edited:
I think Paul has a challenge to hold onto the 1050 in the April update because he'll lose the 1081 average for four rounds at last year's Memorial.

They are. I adjusted the 21 hole unofficial number to the 18-hole equivalent for reference.

Its always good to see this at a NT event.

1947508_721860011192637_485892255_n.jpg

Wysocki used a KC Pro Aviar to take down the win. So much for a 100% Prodigy bag.

Its always good to see this at a NT event.

I saw a few Discatcher baskets mixed in on some of the holes. Doesn't this violate the PDGA Target requirements for A-Tier and higher: "PDGA approved Championship targets of same design and manufacturer"?

I saw a few Discatcher baskets mixed in on some of the holes. Doesn't this violate the PDGA Target requirements for A-Tier and higher: "PDGA approved Championship targets of same design and manufacturer"?

It does. Since it's a new rule maybe they were a bit lenient towards it this year?

It does. Since it's a new rule maybe they were a bit lenient towards it this year?

It's not a new rule. However, exceptions can be granted by the tour manager on pretty much anything. Since the Discatchers (utilized on the three extra holes...10A, 13A, 13B) meet the criteria of a championship level target, there's no real reason to not allow them.

i dont have fb so i wouldnt know. anyone care to copypasta the exact or was it nothing quite worth mentioning besides that?