• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Texas State Championships NT

I feel that there was no ill intent in McBeth's Facebook post. Just giving a shout out to his sponsor....and a shameless plug for McPro :)

I feel that there was no ill intent in McBeth's Facebook post. Just giving a shout out to his sponsor....and a shameless plug for McPro :)

Judging from the comments on that post, I feel like there might be a little saltiness between the Prodigy and Innova guys. Not sure how much ill intent was intended to begin with, but there's definitely some in the comments.

he doesnt mean simon putts with kcp aviars?

Pretty sure Lizotte's In The Bag shows him putting P2s. This isn't the first time Paul's made a comment like this after losing an NT.

There certainly does seem to be some animosity between the Innova and Prodigy guys. It seems kind of silly because I imagine Paul's sponsorship deal is considerably sweeter than it would've been had nobody moved to Prodigy.

There certainly does seem to be some animosity between the Innova and Prodigy guys. It seems kind of silly because I imagine Paul's sponsorship deal is considerably sweeter than it would've been had nobody moved to Prodigy.

Honestly the thing I find funniest is the hate going back and forth between the non pros in that thread who have no attachment to either company. I don't get how those guys are that angry.

Oh well, more fun for the rest of us! :popcorn::popcorn:

Nikko was putting upside down today. But he was trying to put them in that way. I saw Schusterick approach with a D1 well inside 200 a couple of times.

he doesnt mean simon putts with kcp aviars?

Pretty sure Lizotte's In The Bag shows him putting P2s. This isn't the first time Paul's made a comment like this after losing an NT.

Pretty sure it wouldn't matter because Discmania- and Innova- sponsored pros can use both manufacturers discs as the companies have a cooperative deal.

Enough of the thread drift...back to Texas States 2014.

Pretty sure it wouldn't matter because Discmania- and Innova- sponsored pros can use both manufacturers discs as the companies have a cooperative deal.

Enough of the thread drift...back to Texas States 2014.

I get the feeling it isn't nearly as open ended as that.

That thread I just read on facebook was epic. Mcbeths last blast definitely adds a bit of intrigue. (Aprox "if everyone else is gonna stay home and play c tiers Ricky needs to get paid more than everyone else")

That thread I just read on facebook was epic. Mcbeths last blast definitely adds a bit of intrigue. (Aprox "if everyone else is gonna stay home and play c tiers Ricky needs to get paid more than everyone else")

The Champ bringing straight fire.

How do I purchase the valuable endorsements of these children again?

I agree and disagree.

These are 22 year olds playing our favorite game, mostly struggling to get by but doing something they love. The childish comments and goofy bickering are to be expected with the limited life experiences that most of these players have had. I've had friends drafted to play baseball out of high school who got several hundred thousand dollar signing bonuses that were way more childish/immature. My friends would have been terrible people to sponsors; they could barely get sober long enough to get to practice. These disc golfers having silly Facebook fights in comparison are much better value to sponsor as they push/sell the product pretty hard. And play/travel a ton.

To keep it in perspective; I've a happily married professional 35 year old who likes to play disc golf that also has a daughter and an expecting wife. I have real responsibilites (which I've chosen to have). Would I be able to keep my mouth shut on facebook and show more maturity as a sponsored player? Sure, but I'm a crappy intermediate player that only gets out on weekends that nobody wants to sponsor.

Last edited: