• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Best BBQ near a course I've had is the pulled pork sandwich at that hole in the wall near Lake's Edge DGC in Reidsville. I like some of the local chains here like Sonny Bryant's, but finding a real 'down home' local joint when you are out bagging courses is the best.

This is likely why StL is not a BBQ center and KC is. KC knows how to BBQ right--BBQ is slow-cooked. ;)

I'm getting a little annoyed by people arguing semantics of BBQing vs grilling, but I digress.
None of the BBQ I've had in KC, STL, NC, or TX is anywhere close to what I can cook at my house. This is, of course, because I know how to cook what I like. I am not claiming anything for the city in which I reside, just my own personal cooking proficiency...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Plenty of meat eaters take to social media to proclaim their superiority over vegan/vegetarians. I have seen lots of stupid vegans and lots of stupid meat eaters.

Well, that's dumb... I don't have social media, so I didn't realize that was 'a thing'...

I am in NO WAY insinuating that superiority can be derived based on one's diet. I guess I am saying that I don't care for people that push their decisions/agendas on others, regardless of context (food, sports, politics, etc.)

1. Vegans eat more than just "veggies". 2. Cooking method/style and product choice are separate. Open your mind to trying new combinations or miss out on Mexican Pizza, Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, etc. In fact the majority of the food you probably eat now is already a mashup of cooking methods and ethnic cuisines.

I am open-minded to almost all foods, ingredients, ethnic cuisines, and cooking methods. I am closed minded to people preaching about their cause. I apologize if my previous comments struck a nerve. They were not intended to 'call you out' I was just illustrating my distaste (pun intended) for folks that push their opinions on others.

I have no problems with individuals' choices, until they push those choices on others. Most vegans I've met are preachy or pushy with their decisions. Again, I'm not saying that's you. But, I assume you get the whole guilt by association thing... Sorry for lumping you in with those folks.

Grilling means high temperatures. Smoking is low and slow. That's not grilling. Duh.

I accept these definitions as truth...

I am open-minded to almost all foods, ingredients, ethnic cuisines, and cooking methods. I am closed minded to people preaching about their cause. I apologize if my previous comments struck a nerve. They were not intended to 'call you out' I was just illustrating my distaste (pun intended) for folks that push their opinions on others.

I have no problems with individuals' choices, until they push those choices on others. Most vegans I've met are preachy or pushy with their decisions. Again, I'm not saying that's you. But, I assume you get the whole guilt by association thing... Sorry for lumping you in with those folks.

Appreciated. If we have the pleasure to meet in person one day I hope you will show me a great local BBQ joint. I won't eat the animal products but I am happy to sample any other items on the menu alongside the sauce.

I love a good BBQ sauce.

Last edited:
Has Ricky confirmed this? I assumed he'd be putting with the Galactic Big Bead Aviars that he previously posted.

I think a lot of people would like Galactic Big Bead Aviars. I too thought this mold (regardless of plastic type) would likely be his choice for putting putters.

I tried to go Carnivore for one day. One day was all it took to decide it was not for me.
I eat a lot of meat, but giving up my salads is misery.

We humans are omnivores, and meant to eat both plants and animals. I have to have a lot of proteins to help keep my mild diabetes under control, but some veggies with that meat is just fine...

Wouldn't Galactic Big Beads be the same plastic as the Galactic McPros?

So wouldn't that make them basically KC Pro Aviars?

Weren't the McPros Aviar P&As?

I'd like some Galactic Aviar Classics. If those are already out there somewhere, point me to them...

Wouldn't Galactic Big Beads be the same plastic as the Galactic McPros?

So wouldn't that make them basically KC Pro Aviars?

Weren't the McPros Aviar P&As?

I'd like some Galactic Aviar Classics. If those are already out there somewhere, point me to them...

The McPro aviars, the way I understand it, are the classic aviar P&A mold with the small bead. The KC Pro aviar is the stiff plastic version of the big bead aviar, which is different from the classic P&A mold.

So galactic big beads = kc pro aviars, not mcpro aviars. And if this all correct, that means the galactic mcpro aviars = galactic classic aviar P&A's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

We humans are omnivores, and meant to eat both plants and animals. I have to have a lot of proteins to help keep my mild diabetes under control, but some veggies with that meat is just fine...
Have you tried a green keto diet(lots of low carb cruciferous veggies with organic meats and fats)? Bloody well crushes blood sugar and inflammation. I love the effects it's had on my body and it tastes wonderful.

I eat more veggies than any of the vegetarians I have personally met(wheat and potatoes are not vegetables)

Last edited:
The McPro aviars, the way I understand it, are the classic aviar P&A mold with the small bead. The KC Pro aviar is the stiff plastic version of the big bead aviar, which is different from the classic P&A mold.

So galactic big beads = kc pro aviars, not mcpro aviars. And if this all correct, that means the galactic mcpro aviars = galactic classic aviar P&A's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The McPro Aviars are beadless, and I think they are P&As, especially the later runs (there was/is some debate about earlier versions). But they are beadless. Also, I don't think the Galactic McPros are the Aviar Classic mold.

You're right about KC Pro Aviars being the big beads.

Last edited:

Dead Wrong! We have no teeth that can properly tear raw meat. Bears are omnivores we are not. That said, we are not obligate Herbivores meaning we can subsist on meat for a time. Also, carnivores and omnivores do not suffer from heart disease as we do, because they were evolved to process cholesterol accordingly.

In order to get this thread back on track I am sharing my Quick BBQ skillet sauce. Easy to whip up in only 15 mins while meat/seitan is grilling. This isn't meant to be a particular regional style, just a good all around thick tangy/spicy sauce (with a touch of sweetness) that goes well with a variety of proteins. It's a cooked sauce that is meant for finishing but can applied early in grilling if you keep the heat low.

Ingredient List:
1/2 small onion minced (about 1/4 cup)
2 cloves garlic smashed and minced into a paste
2 tbsp Liquid Aminos (sub low sodium soy sauce)
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard (sub 1/2 tsp mustard powder)
1 1/2 cup Ketchup (I use simple truth organic Ketchup which is lower in sugar than most name brands).
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika (not hot)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or 1/2 tsp Chipotle Pepper powder

Cooking Instructions:

1. Heat skillet (non-stick if you have it) over medium high heat.
2. Add 1 tsp veg oil (any low flavor oil, not olive) and wait until it's shimmering but not smoking.
3. Add onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
4. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring to prevent burning.
5. Add spices (paprika, salt, pepper powder) followed by the Aminos/Soy and let liquid begin to bubble.
6. Add vinegar, wait until it begins to bubble and let cook 1-2 minutes.
7. Add maple syrup and wait until the contents begin to bubble.
8. Add Mustard and Ketchup, stir to combine completely and wait for sauce to begin to bubble.
9. Turn down heat to low and cook for 5 mins. Sauce will be thick and have darkened slightly.
10. Taste and add additional spices, maple syrup, and vinegar to taste. If you add vinegar you will want to cook it off a bit afterwards.

Hey Fellow Vegan! I will say you must drop the ketchup and boil down some fresh tomatoes with brown sugar and molasses, way better IMHO.

An oxen could plow a field and then kick your ass yet it only eats grass, so there's that.

Hey Fellow Vegan! I will say you must drop the ketchup and boil down some fresh tomatoes with brown sugar and molasses, way better IMHO.

I agree completely. I might post a better sauce recipe soon. I just threw up the quick and dirty one I fall back to when I need to make dinner in under 30 mins and have nothing ready.

Latest posts