• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Disc Golf Pro Tour Championship - Oct 14-17

But he dropped the tournament completely. He isn't even a competitor, so why would he get a cut of the prize money?

I could see if he got injured a few hours before the tournament started and they didn't fill his spot, but since another player took his spot I don't see how or why they would pay both. :confused:

Didn't read the whole thread, but did anyone else notice that the giant Cornhole sponsor Johnsonville is advertising on the course?

Didn't read the whole thread, but did anyone else notice that the giant Cornhole sponsor Johnsonville is advertising on the course?

Probably because DGPT finals will be post produced on ESPN later in the year, and Johnsonville already has a deal with Cornhole on ESPN.

Just strange to see Cat and Paige play this bad. . .Paiges last few rounds have been terrible

No idea but I saw it posted somewhere that that was the case.

With zero insider knowledge, I'd say it's to protect against that exact thing. Eagle could have shown up, played one hole, and collected his check, but that's not very sportsmanlike and devalues the integrity of the competition. Giving him a viable way to withdraw from the tournament, not sacrifice his health, not sacrifice the integrity of the tournament, and give someone else a fair shot is a win all around.

This is the danger in paying 100% of the field. If you're comfortable tanking your round because you know you'll still get paid, that opens the door to shenanigans.

With zero insider knowledge, I'd say it's to protect against that exact thing. Eagle could have shown up, played one hole, and collected his check, but that's not very sportsmanlike and devalues the integrity of the competition. Giving him a viable way to withdraw from the tournament, not sacrifice his health, not sacrifice the integrity of the tournament, and give someone else a fair shot is a win all around.

This is the danger in paying 100% of the field. If you're comfortable tanking your round because you know you'll still get paid, that opens the door to shenanigans.

This is something often discussed in tennis, especially at premiere events such as the majors or the 1000 series.

For the lowest tier of players, simply qualifying to play the first round is probably more money than they will make the remainder of the tour. There is immense incentive to play the first round injured, knowing you cannot give your best, because it is going to allow you to keep playing throughout the year. The incentive to do so only continues to closer to the finals you get.

Even players who are injured, knowing they cannot play the subsequent round, will finish the match they are winning so they get the payout for the round they have made it to, and give their next opponent a walk-over.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but I was craving sausage this morning. So on my way home from a morning round out at Johnson Park, I stopped & picked up some Johnsonville turkey breakfast sausage to enjoy while I continue to watch the championship. Where oh where could I have picked up this yen? Oh well. Guess it doesn't matter. ;)

Can't quite put my finger on it, but I was craving sausage this morning. So on my way home from a morning round out at Johnson Park, I stopped & picked up some Johnsonville turkey breakfast sausage to enjoy while I continue to watch the championship. Where oh where could I have picked up this yen? Oh well. Guess it doesn't matter. ;)
It's gotta be Gibson crammed into those white shorts that are a size too small.

Those tight shorts must being giving him the ability to putt lights out!

I think Dickerson (IIRC) made his way into the top this kinda way too. Of course, having to play 4 rounds has 4 more chances to be eliminated, but then again, if youre feeling it, you can potentially carry that momentum pretty far it seems.

The consistency Queen showed to shoot those rounds four straight times is incredible. Many times when someone averages 1050+, it's because they had an incredible round. In this format, someone shooting 1080 one day and 1035 the next day wouldn't have moved on.

Latest posts