• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Disc Golf Pro Tour Championship - Oct 14-17

Anybody know what course where the ITB was filmed? Looks like they dropped in a Temp basket for his throwing, but it looks like an actual course.
It is the same course for the 2 B-tier tournaments & Skins match GK Pro filmed in May last year

Persimmon Ridge DGC in Arkansas

That ITB video has his drivers as:

Sidewinder
Leopard
TL3 x2
Thunderbird x2
Teebird
FD3
Firebird
Wraith x4
Boss
Quasar

I don't think the disc he threw on #16 was in that particular video, just based on the color... but who knows. I'm going to speculate it was a Leopard because that's my personal favorite. :)

Yeah I just watched it last night. Just curious if much has changed since that is about a year and a half old. I heard he's still throwing the FD3 at least. I also remember him mentioning the leopard is one of his favorite molds when he was on Earharts podcast

(not sure exactly which post you're responding to) If you're referring to him coming out of nowhere - I'd say Queen is way more out of nowhere than Dickerson was. Queen joined the PDGA one year before Dickerson, started playing Open the same year Dickerson did. Dickerson, at the time of his first DGPT championship in 2018 had 15 A Tier wins and 29 cashes of over $1000. Queen had 1 A Tier win and 10 cashes over $1000 before yesterday.

At the time Barsby won Worlds he had 8 A Tier or higher wins, and 35 $1000+ cashes. So I'd say Queen is way more out of nowhere. Though Barsby did have about 15 years to accumulate his, so a very different situation.

I was just pointing out that IIRC one of those years Dickerson won it from having played in all of the rounds, and not having a bye to any of the later rounds. Which I kind of feel may be an advantage of sorts, due to getting dialed through the rounds, while of course adding chances to being eliminated vs someone who has a bye to the finals. But obviously it is not automatic and you can slip off that groove any time like we saw with Hammes.

Of course if my recollection is off then nevermind :D

Watched the back 9 from 2021 final.

Nathan Queen was on FIRE!

And Drew was better outside C2 than inside C1. Made several crazy long putts using what appears to me to be an awkward narrow two footed hop throw. It works for him.

Did this thread get renamed or what?

Think it was misnamed to begin with.

This thread was actually for the 2021 DGPT Championship, but OP accidentally put it as 2022 instead of 2021.

The 2022 DGPT Championship is October 13 - October 16, at Nevin Park in Charlotte, NC.
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2022/09/08/dgpt-championship-to-be-held-at-nevin-park-in-charlotte/

I wasn't able to find the this year's DGPT Championship payout structure.

Latest posts