• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Disc Golf Pro Tour Championship - Oct 14-17

I think Dickerson (IIRC) made his way into the top this kinda way too. Of course, having to play 4 rounds has 4 more chances to be eliminated, but then again, if youre feeling it, you can potentially carry that momentum pretty far it seems.
(not sure exactly which post you're responding to) If you're referring to him coming out of nowhere - I'd say Queen is way more out of nowhere than Dickerson was. Queen joined the PDGA one year before Dickerson, started playing Open the same year Dickerson did. Dickerson, at the time of his first DGPT championship in 2018 had 15 A Tier wins and 29 cashes of over $1000. Queen had 1 A Tier win and 10 cashes over $1000 before yesterday.
Biggest underdog victory as well imo. Only other one I can think of in a major tournament would be Greg Barsby's world championship.
At the time Barsby won Worlds he had 8 A Tier or higher wins, and 35 $1000+ cashes. So I'd say Queen is way more out of nowhere. Though Barsby did have about 15 years to accumulate his, so a very different situation.

Underdog type of tournament?

Nice to See Missy win more and more. . .a FPO player that CAN putt starts to win big tournaments, i think thats good for FPO

Was cool to see Missy win by playing a really solid round in all phases—particularly seeing her putt so well.

Nothing against the FPO, but watching Hokom bang the band from 15' is not entertaining.

Taking out the paycheck factor...... This is the greatest victory of all time by a lefty right?

I would think it just about has to be. Clemons came close at 2019 USDGC but unfortunately this ain't horseshoes. Even more impressive is that Queen is 100% backhand

Amazing how much you lose in the post-pro stuff. I really wish they would have included some of Queen's reaction when he first SAW how close he parked hole 16. Because his eyes were like saucers when he turned toward the camera after realizing how close he was.

At the time Barsby won Worlds he had 8 A Tier or higher wins, and 35 $1000+ cashes. So I'd say Queen is way more out of nowhere. Though Barsby did have about 15 years to accumulate his, so a very different situation.

Barsby was a bit of a comeback story so he sorta fits the underdog mold there. Definitely way more established than Queen though as you have pointed out

I didn't think I'd miss the disc selection graphic, but I sure did when Queen was throwing. They never once said any disc he threw except the FD3, I believe.

Wonder if the win will result in some other manufacturers approaching him in the off season. Or at least hopefully a promotion from team champion to team star.

I say that mainly because he bags a lot of unique molds compared to the majority of Innova pros. It could be good for a manufacturer to have somebody who could promote some of the lesser known models within their lineup.

Barsby was a bit of a comeback story so he sorta fits the underdog mold there. Definitely way more established than Queen though as you have pointed out
Was he hurt or just busy a few years? Didn't realize how little he played from 2013-2016.

It always struck me as an underdog story... But more one of those "one of the grinders caught a hot week at the right time" sort of thing. If a few dudes are great enough long enough one of them is gonna catch a World Title.

Was he hurt or just busy a few years? Didn't realize how little he played from 2013-2016.

It always struck me as an underdog story... But more one of those "one of the grinders caught a hot week at the right time" sort of thing. If a few dudes are great enough long enough one of them is gonna catch a World Title.

Injured so he got busy otherwise. Tendonitis issues similar to Simon's recent struggles (without the healthcare resources to deal with it properly), as I understand it.

I didn't think I'd miss the disc selection graphic, but I sure did when Queen was throwing. They never once said any disc he threw except the FD3, I believe.

I'd love to know what he threw on 16

Apparently Jomez's bag guru was out sick so they didn't have notes. Here's his 2020 ITB:

Anybody know what course where the ITB was filmed? Looks like they dropped in a Temp basket for his throwing, but it looks like an actual course.

kmjdc1n3r9u71.png

I'd love to know what he threw on 16

That ITB video has his drivers as:

Sidewinder
Leopard
TL3 x2
Thunderbird x2
Teebird
FD3
Firebird
Wraith x4
Boss
Quasar

I don't think the disc he threw on #16 was in that particular video, just based on the color... but who knows. I'm going to speculate it was a Leopard because that's my personal favorite. :)