• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 European Open July 21-24

Nikko gonna nikko...

Moving on. Eagle is killing it. I'm wondering what exactly happened with his shoulder when he dropped out a couple of months and now he's able to throw BH it appears unaffected (no RHFH though).

I believe Eagle was throwing some approach forehands and other non-distance forehands earlier in the year and that's how he tweaked it again.

I am pretty sure Eagle has decided a zero forehands plan for himself at least for this tourney. R1H6 he was facing about a 100ft upshot that should have been no problem, just anhyzer flick it with mostly the wrist. Threw a much more awkward backhand, rolled away, resulted in a bogey.

Oh, Nikko DQd, just heard it. Serves him right.

I am pretty sure Eagle has decided a zero forehands plan for himself at least for this tourney. R1H6 he was facing about a 100ft upshot that should have been no problem, just anhyzer flick it with mostly the wrist. Threw a much more awkward backhand, rolled away, resulted in a bogey.

Eagle bombing LHBH is a nice way to compensate if he doesn't want to risk injury FH.

That really blows my mind, because I can't throw for squat with my off hand. IIRC, JWeese went through a tourney throwing lefty (due to an injury) a couple years ago.

Blows my mind that some players can do that.
I guess it's akin to a switch-hitting ball player (which is a nice plus in baseball).

But I'm wondering if it's really more akin to a switch-pitcher? ...and how many of those have you seen?

One of the sport's brightest stars is shining bright after returning from an injury, not to mention Mc5x finally looking like McBeast after several months of not being a factor....

Are we really gonna let cry baby, Nikko dominate the conversation about this event?

Dude's been heading this durection for a while. The only real surprise is that it didn't happen sooner.

One of the sport's brightest stars is shining bright after returning from an injury, not to mention Mc5x finally looking like McBeast after several months of not being a factor....

Are we really gonna let cry baby, Nikko dominate the conversation about this event?

Dude's been heading this durection for a while. The only real surprise is that it didn't happen sooner.

Starting to feel like a "normal" tournament is not enough anymore to get McBeth going...he needs a mayor or Worlds to really step up his game

Starting to feel like a "normal" tournament is not enough anymore to get McBeth going...he needs a mayor or Worlds to really step up his game

I think there's some truth to this. I'll be surprised if he's not on the final round lead card for World's. Truly mind blowing that for the last decade, his worst finish at World's has been 2nd.

Maybe the "accountability" era for top DG events is arriving. Will be interesting to see how the role of officials plays out in the near future.

Not sure if Eagle really wasn't throwing at all prior to this week/event, but I'm so impressed at his ability to jump right back on the horse and shred on a world stage. I enjoy parity too, but there's just a different energy when you have McBeth back in Beast mode duking it out with members of the 1040/1050 crew for a Major title.

I kind of wonder if he'll start to get even pickier about which events he attends henceforth and just double down on prepping for and taking runs at the Majors.

My thoughts exactly. After being "THE" man for so long, and all the events, and the fact that he's earning a living most players can't dream of, I completely see how he might become more selective.

The risk I see is that ALL the top 10 players is payed so well that they don't really need to play the "Smaller " tournaments ..then "only the mayor's will matter "

The risk I see is that ALL the top 10 players is payed so well that they don't really need to play the "Smaller " tournaments ..then "only the mayor's will matter "

I kind of see the opposite. So many are getting so good i think silver series may start mattering more. Maybe even develop into a full season of events.

Well, it's become the the McShow:
McMahon and McBeth have created son real separation from the pack, with nearly a double digit lead over 3rd place, going into the 3rd of 4 rounds. Not saying they're uncatchable, but it's their tournament to lose.

I am glad that FINALLY dude has been called out and held accountable for his behavior...is all im gonna say. This is otherwise shaping up to be an epic battle!

I think McBeth love and live for this, a good thight battle with one other player for a mayor

Paul and Eagle being 13 strokes clear of otherwise well-distributed scores attests to that "extra gear" they both have. Paul seems to have that uniquely Mamba mentality when it counts the most, but maybe Eagle will pull it off this time. I also wonder what Paul's scores would look like if he didn't have to go toe to toe with him. Very excited to see the outcome.

I'm a little surprised Ricky hasn't appeared near the top of the pack, wonder if he's still nursing some injury.

Paul and Eagle being 13 strokes clear of otherwise well-distributed scores attests to that "extra gear" they both have. Paul seems to have that uniquely Mamba mentality when it counts the most, but maybe Eagle will pull it off this time. I also wonder what Paul's scores would look like if he didn't have to go toe to toe with him. Very excited to see the outcome.

I'm a little surprised Ricky hasn't appeared near the top of the pack, wonder if he's still nursing some injury.
The underlined is a great question. Having the skills, and being a competitor are different things. Paul seems to have that Jordan/Brady/Kobe competitor's mentality of finding a way to bring their best, when someone else brings their's. His battle in Peoria with Ricky being a classic example. It literally took everything James Conrad had, plus the shot of century, to beat him in Utah.

McRound4 could be a classic... :popcorn: