• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I did watch it.
I was mostly confused but it did resemble disc golf.

I watched it, mostly on mute because I don't love the way Billy Crump does commentary. He's fine as a color man, but as the main announcer it's a bit much.

The shooting was good, Ricky, MJ and Devan were great and Barry seemed fairly distracted due to also announcing. That was not a great call, he should have been as few strokes higher.

It could have been a very decent production had the crew understood what people are looking for when they watch a disc fly. You can tell the most from behind the thrower, or in the direction of te basket. Unfortunately the. Did a lot from the side where you can't really see the flight shapes.

Not that the shooting was what held this event back, but the six holes that got filmed actually should have been very good, and it was just okay.

Visual quality was okay, but they didn't know how to shoot this the way a veteran DG crew would.

It could have been a very decent production had the crew understood what people are looking for when they watch a disc fly. You can tell the most from behind the thrower, or in the direction of te basket. Unfortunately the. Did a lot from the side where you can't really see the flight shapes.

I didn't see it, but this certainly seems a consensus of those who did, and have posted.

It seems to be a consequence of the Start at the top formula. Instead of running a series of smaller events to work out the problems and learn the ropes, they tried to start at full speed.

And perhaps a consequence of the Buy your way in formula, without significant sponsor money, meaning they couldn't afford some test runs with the cameras to train the crew. I pondered somewhere in a post, whether they'd at least have the video crew out on the first 2 days of the event, practicing their coverage and refining it before going live.

giphy.gif

MY favorite part of the coverage of the event was when the group that was so anti PDGA that they made their own rules used PDGA world rankings in their player profiles.

How embarrassing. I know that they're using this tournament because they "own" it, but how hard would it be to replace it with 2-3 tournaments worth of edited rounds from Youtube? Or even a couple episodes of that Beach Sports Network show. At least those things appear to be professionally produced pieces of a professionally operated disc golf tournament.

Oh well.

Yes!!!!! I didn't see this last time!

*outs self as guy that did not watch the greatest disc golf event ever and thus let the entire sport down, killing all disc golf success for perpetuity.*

This was the tourney with the skanky scorecard girls, right? Oh man, I hope they don't edit those out. I want to see this masterpiece in all its glory. :D

Yes!!!!! I didn't see this last time!

*outs self as guy that did not watch the greatest disc golf event ever and thus let the entire sport down, killing all disc golf success for perpetuity.*

I know, disc golf has not been the same around here since the ADGT failed. Empty courses, disc sales plummeting, hippies and shirtless bros wandering around aimlessly...

I blame myself.

This was the tourney with the skanky scorecard girls, right? Oh man, I hope they don't edit those out. I want to see this masterpiece in all its glory. :D

The schedule shows the full 2 hours.....I'm going to go back to the part of this thread that was active during the original webcast, and try to cue it up, matching comments to the action. All I got last year was DGCR's play-by-play (which I suspect was much more entertaining than the event itself).

As a demonstration of The Ocho's commitment to this quality event, the "more info" tab links to All Things Disc Golf, a site with hardly an update in the past year. Maybe they're taking the nostalgia angle on it.

The schedule shows the full 2 hours.....I'm going to go back to the part of this thread that was active during the original webcast, and try to cue it up, matching comments to the action. All I got last year was DGCR's play-by-play (which I suspect was much more entertaining than the event itself).

As a demonstration of The Ocho's commitment to this quality event, the "more info" tab links to All Things Disc Golf, a site with hardly an update in the past year. Maybe they're taking the nostalgia angle on it.

Ever watch mystery science theater 3000? Where the guys watch really bad B movies and do voiceovers? Tada!

Latest posts