• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

Blizzard boss is my new favorite disc, only problem is they beat in a lot faster than the regular champion line with the exception of the metal flake tee devil that I got from Hero Disc. In my opinion, all the blizzard plastic should come out with metal flake so it will stand up better to tree hits and the like. I started playing with a blizzard boss and a blizzard tee devil on the same day and they have both banged trees plenty as I adapted to be able to throw them. The tee devil hasn't changed a bit, but the boss has lost a lot of stability. I don't mind spending an extra few dollars for metal flakes if it will keep the flight characteristics the same for a longer period of time. Wish I'd bought a few more of those tee devils seeing as how they are the only ones that haven't been restocked since the initial sell out.

I threw a 140 wraith -- VERY flippy.
Not my cup of tea, the destroyer I need to put back in my bag and give another chance though. Mine was super stable when I threw it in the field.

Alright, I'm about to pull the trigger on 2 blizzard discs... pick two out of these 3- boss, destroyer, wraith... I throw all 3 of these molds in a normal weight... Which do you recommend, which one do I stay away from?

avoid
I assume you want these for long distance and the Destroyer and Boss are faster and likely a tad more stable than the Wraith

just my thoughts

Thats what I was thinking... I dont throw my wraith a lot, anyways, since I'm about 50-50 bh/fh...if I need a shot to finish right (what my beat wraith will do), I just throw a fh

in order of stability

most stable------->least stable

Destroyer, Boss, TeeDevil, Wraith, Katana

i wouldn't recommend throwing these discs FH unless your form is very good. these discs dont like high amounts of torque or OAT.

the destroyer has proved itself. for me the destroyer is just dead straight with a nice gentle fade. without much effort these discs go just as far as my heavy discs. TONS of glide on these discs.

Hopefully my blizzard boss will be chillin' on the front porch when I get home today. It should be interesting to mess around with.

in order of stability

most stable------->least stable

Destroyer, Boss, TeeDevil, Wraith, Katana

i wouldn't recommend throwing these discs FH unless your form is very good. these discs dont like high amounts of torque or OAT.

the destroyer has proved itself. for me the destroyer is just dead straight with a nice gentle fade. without much effort these discs go just as far as my heavy discs. TONS of glide on these discs.

Agree with the second part, that they do not like forehanding if your technique is flawed. What could also be attributed to bad forehand drives with these discs are, that if you have imperfect technique, you most likely cannot quickly adapt to a lighter weight, and thus over grip and or release late because your hand is expecting a heavier disc as it begins its snap.

I cannot speak for half the discs, but my Destroyers held really nice lines in low wind conditions. It is when the wind knocks up or down a disc that they perform poorly, but that is true of any light disc. Going straight into or behind a wind that does not affect them vertically does not seem to be an issue. I have also thrown the TeeDevil and Katana. I thought the Katana was a lot of fun, almost as fun as throwing a completely trashed R-Pro Katana, but not something I could rely on. The TeeDevil, that was so hit or miss for me that I sold it to a friend who could throw it like I how I would throw a Destroyer (less power). I have two Bosses that should be arriving any day now. I am hoping for more HSS and less LSS than the Destroyer.

Regardless, I am not taking my heavier Kings and Swords out of the bag.

I got my new Blizzard 150gr. Boss and 144Gr. Katana yesterday. They are both pretty domey and at first thought about send ing them back, thinking they wouldn't be worth a crap. I'm glad I went out in the field and tested them. Both of these puppies are making the bag. They both have sparkles in the rims and very slight imperfections. They fly far with little effort and are very easy to control. I just ordered a Blizz destroyer from Hero a few minutes ago and can't wait to get it. I'll probably pick up a Wraith very soon."

The reason that I think these are F2s is Innova must still be tweaking the process. I also think that they are very close to being finished with the tweaking. So far I'm very impressed. These are not only going to be a lot less stress on my 49 year old noodle arm, they are going to be a big improvement to my game.

About lighter discs..... I've been experimenting with lighter discs for a couple of years now. It is much easier to whip a lighter disc therefore it is easier to get the intended flight pattern if you are able to get a good whip/speed on the the disc. This is why these Blizzard disc seem less stable. I have a hard time flipping up a 175gr. Champ Boss with consistancy. I don't have that problem with the 150gr. Blizzard Boss. I can throw it very consistantly. The Blizz Boss and Katana that I got are awesome.

Dual rim

Thanks to the information in this thread stating <140g Blizzard discs float, I'm now the owner of two floating Champion Wraiths. Both are 138g. One of them has fairly uniform bubbles throughout the disc, but the other one has an interesting dual rim. There is actually a line between the area with only a few bubbles (looks almost like standard champion) and the area with lots of bubbles. At first I was disappointed and thought the dual rim one was junk, but time in the field showed it is more stable than the other one.

I've been looking for a durable floater for a while. My home course has a hole in the woods that gets a deep, muddy patch of water during the winter. My Wahoo only lasted one season, and my Dragon got bent out of shape during my second round. Hopefully the Blizzard Champion will take the abuse.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DualRim.jpg
    DualRim.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 284
can someone tell me if the boss is flat like an xg boss flight plate.

I have a LOT of Blizzard Bosses, and SOME of the ones from Disc Golf Values (NON X-outs) are fairly flat, all of the X-outs I bought however are VERY DOMEY. If you're looking for the flat ones my advice would be to wait until they come out as regular stock in the next month or two when they show up at your local retailer. I believe they've worked out the kinks in the process and the newer ones will be real nice.