• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

I have found it hilarious that a lot of the 'macho' ("I only throw max weight") dudes I told about Blizzard technology back in December who laughed at me for throwing 150 plastic have ran out and gotten their own now. I also found it funny that they were busting my balls about throwing 150 plastic while I was out driving them consistently.

I have found it hilarious that a lot of the 'macho' ("I only throw max weight") dudes I told about Blizzard technology back in December who laughed at me for throwing 150 plastic have ran out and gotten their own now. I also found it funny that they were busting my balls about throwing 150 plastic while I was out driving them consistently.

i know the feeling!!! iv been given so much crap for my cheater discs and now they are throwing them, good thing is i can still make them look bad, 1504L

I got a 150 boss today and it's pretty stable. I didn't think it would be that stable out of the box. Do these beat in nicely?

One of mine has already lost a bit of HSS, so I'm guessing yes. I think the Blizzard discs are going to end up closer to Star in durability.

Thefor 150 dx wraith and destroyer are not as overstable as the blizzards, but they bomb. The dx plastic chunks up though. I've always thrown 150s. I really like 150 champ firebirds and leos.

Just arrived today...

139 Boss (pink)
139 Wraith (orange)

Can't wait to throw these babies! :D
Wonder how they'll compare to my 150 R-Pro Bosses and 150 DX Wraith :confused:
Not sure if I'll get out for a round this weekend. :(

If nothing else, I expect they'll be more durable.

after a few more rounds with the boss, (150 blizzard) its a good tailwind driver, but into any wind it will flip over. i had a few good tosses on it, got to about 420-ish, however, my regular champ boss and other main distance drivers still go farther for me. IE flow, halo, cannon etc. the blizzard discs do get to where there headed really fast though.

I got a chance to throw one today
decent results, fairly long
I need to do more throws yet before I can pass an opinion

These are amazing for women too BTW. My gf can throw her 136 wraith another 50-100 feet further than her 150 leopard. If you're trying to get a gf or wife on the course bit shes a bit discouraged by the distance, get a sub 150 pretty pink wraith. I couldn't believe the distance she was getting.

My 11yr old son cranks the blizzard boss further than any disc he has ever thrown! and that was about 30 feet further. He's pumped for his good old dad to buy some for him now.

I received a 150g Pink Blizzard Ape (Taiwan Open Stamp) in the mail the other day and tested it out... FFllllliiiiiippppppyyy. Worse than a roadrunner. I'm guessing these aren't quite ready to release yet. Love my bosses though. If they can hold the stability and durability over time these will change the game. But my Ape is going on the wall.

I have a friend in his 50s that was out at the course last night. We made him try a Blizzard Katana and on his first throw he put it past a basket he's never reached before...Ever. He's been playing for 20 years, and his first shot exceeded his normal D by 50'.

The doubters are becoming quieter by the day...

they aren't as horrible in a 10mph cross.head/tail wind as I thought they would be, handled it about the same as one of my heavy 174 teebirds

but that may just be me throwing low and conservative

these will never be my go-to driver but they fill a nice slot for 2 holes on my local 18 hole course

I took out my 155g Destroyer the other day. Was fun to throw though I didn't get any real good throws out of it. Something I was not happy with was that on my first throw it skips off the sidewalk and pops some bubbles on the bottom wind, causing it to be a little rough. I can live with that, just for a first throw it made me a little upset.

I've been playing for almost two years. For the last year+ not throwing anything faster than a teebird, which is my go-to disc. My average throw on the course is about 280. Would I increase my distance by throwing one of these? I know I can't handle the real thing, but have been thinking about trying these out.

Any opinions from the discing-down gurus out there?

Sorry if it's already been answered but what mold would be a good choice for someone who tends to prefer less stable discs? Should i stick with molds I already throw or choose something more stable to compensate for the lighter weight?

Sorry if it's already been answered but what mold would be a good choice for someone who tends to prefer less stable discs? Should i stick with molds I already throw or choose something more stable to compensate for the lighter weight?

They are not really any less stable than their heavier counterparts...Though they are inconsistent, so it's disc to disc.

Latest posts