• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Catrina Allen Prediction Thread

I'm just the opposite, FPO is about all that I watch. Because there are fewer of them, it's easier to be familiar with the top players, and I just like to watch their approach to the game. Although I understand why it isn't, I wish that their payouts were more comparable with that of the male players.

Dat ass.

Although I understand why it isn't, I wish that their payouts were more comparable with that of the male players.

Why?

I can't think of a more fair way of doing payout than based on division size.

If MPO and FPO have the same entry and same number of players, the payouts are equal. Why isn't the way it should be?

Why?

If MPO and FPO have the same entry and same number of players, the payouts are equal. Why isn't the way it should be?

Agree. Payout would have to then be equal of all age protected pro divisions as well. Payouts based on division size is the definition of equitable.

Things I've learned from DGCR:

1 - Dudes, getting married messes up your game.

2 - Ladies, getting unmarried messes up your game.

3 - Valarie left Innova 'cause they don't support women in disc golf.

4 - Catrina should play for Innova 'cause they support women's disc golf.

Thank goodness. All is right with the world.:\

to expand on #3, I find it interesting that Val joined Discraft and left Innova 'cause they don't support women and then Elaine King left Discraft shortly after cause they don't support women enough.

Not sure if it's a good idea to reply to this thread, but here goes.

Way to go Catrina!!! What a great job of defending the Steady Ed title. She did it with style and class. Draining the final putt vs. laying up and the totally professional handling of hole #7 during round #1 being just a couple examples. :clap:

It was very cool getting to hear Paige and the other commentators talking so favorably of her, too. :thmbup:

Not sure if it's a good idea to reply to this thread, but here goes.

Way to go Catrina!!! What a great job of defending the Steady Ed title. She did it with style and class. Draining the final putt vs. laying up and the totally professional handling of hole #7 during round #1 being just a couple examples. :clap:

It was very cool getting to hear Paige and the other commentators talking so favorably of her, too. :thmbup:

yah...she seems much happier lately. Good to see her playing well again, she is the #1 fpo player in my book when all of her cylinders are firing.

I love me some Cat when she's on fire... but seriously someone should put together a video of all of her short missed putts. Put that Benny Hill music in the background..would be hilarious. lol..

Why?

The most fair way would be to let everyone enter one division and payouts would be entirely based on performance.

Anything anyone can get which is more than they would have gotten by entering Open is more than fair.

I think what we're all looking for is the ideal amount of preference so that those of us who - because of an accident of birth - will never be able to compete at the top levels, can still have the maximum positive impact through playing the game.

Payouts by division size, with good definitions of divisions, may well be that ideal.

What a difference the off season can make. I don't think I have seen an FPO in a long time improve inside the circle as much as she has this offseason looking at her performance so far at LVC.

Confident. Taking her time. More pitch/up and down and much more pop and power. Impressive. Well done.

What a difference the off season can make. I don't think I have seen an FPO in a long time improve inside the circle as much as she has this offseason looking at her performance so far at LVC.

Confident. Taking her time. More pitch/up and down and much more pop and power. Impressive. Well done.

I thought the Black Canary* (Catrina Allen) played very well, very solid, no bogeys on the back nine of the 2d round on a windy day.

In the first round of the LVC, Catrina played extremely smart disc golf. Knew her discs and threw really good shots. Almost Sexton-"ish" in her sometimes 'conservative' approach (and that's a compliment). Hopefully she'll keep it up and bring in some wins this year.

* (Austin Hannum was noted to look like the actor who plays the Green Arrow on the CW network TV show, and I agree with those observations. Catrina Allen is dating Austin Hannum and she's blonde; ergo, the Black Canary title, and that's also a compliment.)

Catrina played extremely well at Las Vegas. By all rights she should have won that tournament, all except for little Paige B. Paige has a level of confidence right now in her game, especially putting, that's just really hard to beat.

Catrina played extremely well at Las Vegas. By all rights she should have won that tournament, all except for little Paige B. Paige has a level of confidence right now in her game, especially putting, that's just really hard to beat.

Yes. Catrina was ahead, lost the lead and looked like she would not win, but played steady and good things came at the end in a tie and playoff. Paige B's putt to win it was oustanding, and Catrina does not lose face for that. Hopefully both players will keep it up and we'll see some great FPO competition this year.

Latest posts