• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Catrina Allen Prediction Thread

Yeah I thought Catrina did fairly well. She seemed to adapt to the situations and right the ship when she needed to, she just came up a little unlucky. I wish she had ran more of those tester putts instead of playing super conservative though. Her putting stroke is looking really pure and I think she should be able to give herself some half-bids without adding too much roll-away risk. Prodigy needs to make her a lid.

Yeah I thought Catrina did fairly well. She seemed to adapt to the situations and right the ship when she needed to, she just came up a little unlucky. I wish she had ran more of those tester putts instead of playing super conservative though. Her putting stroke is looking really pure and I think she should be able to give herself some half-bids without adding too much roll-away risk. Prodigy needs to make her a lid.

Agree, but in this particular tournament she was playing with that red coat on for a good bit of her rounds, and that might've affected her putting and caused her to be more conservative about running putts.

Hmm... a Prodigy lid... in 350g plastic? Sounds interesting... :popcorn:

Agree, but in this particular tournament she was playing with that red coat on for a good bit of her rounds, and that might've affected her putting and caused her to be more conservative about running putts.

Hmm... a Prodigy lid... in 350g plastic? Sounds interesting... :popcorn:

Ha, yeah I was surprised by the big red parka too. Stylish but not exactly what I would consider athletic attire ;)

Ha, yeah I was surprised by the big red parka too. Stylish but not exactly what I would consider athletic attire ;)

Over that same weekend I popped into a local Dick's Sporting Goods and by coincidence they had that very same sleeveless puffy coat on display. I recognized it as the same one Catrina has, so I checked it out. It's made by The North Face, and nicely fitted. I could totes play wearing one.

. . . just as soon as someone gives me a couple hundred bucks for a puffy coat. :\

Over that same weekend I popped into a local Dick's Sporting Goods and by coincidence they had that very same sleeveless puffy coat on display. I recognized it as the same one Catrina has, so I checked it out. It's made by The North Face, and nicely fitted. I could totes play wearing one.

. . . just as soon as someone gives me a couple hundred bucks for a puffy coat. :\

Nice. I didn't even notice it was sleeveless.

GoFundMe? :hfive:

The coat might not have been "athletic looking" but I have to think that if it was negatively affecting her putting, she'd have taken it off. She was taking it off on the tee and for longer fairway shots, so obviously she was aware of how it might impact her throws. If it were holding her back from running longer putts she otherwise would go for, she'd have taken it off and gone for it.

Insane start for Cat at the "The Open at Belton" -8 R1 and 10 throws in the lead over Weese after ONE round!

That 1022 rated round would give her top 10 in Open ahead of players like Conrad and A.J

I was just coming here to post the same thing! What a ridiculous round. Hope we get some video of it.

Mild bump. Okay, I think most everyone saw what happened at Worlds, especially the meltdown (for lack of a better word) on the back nine of the final round. Cat's overall putting in the Worlds tourney as well as a few before it was 'not good'. So... does Cat bounce back? Or will she never win another Worlds again?

If Cat doesn't focus on her putting, she might as well find a new career. Choice is hers. Best of luck whatever she chooses.

How old is Cat, early 30s right? She's still got a great long game and is usually pretty good at course management. She will be in contention for years to come... Well, as long as she wants to be that is. There is definitely some mental game work that needs to be addressed.

It was ironic to watch that 90% mental ad with her in it as all that was going on, lol...

Lloyd Weema, DGCR hero, finished last place at 164 over par at Worlds. His C1X putting percentage for the 2019 season is 75% and C1 percentage is 90%. CAT's C1X is 62% and C1 is 84%. Don't shoot me if I somehow screwed these stats up, but this just blows my mind! WNBA pros shoot an 80% average from the free throw line, NBA pros 75%. How is the 2nd ranked pro woman such a terrible putter and still winning tourneys and routinely finishing 2nd and 3rd? I am actually kind of impressed by Weema's stats, I'd be pretty happy putting 75% C1X in a tourney setting.

Last edited:
Lloyd Weema, DGCR hero, finished last place at 164 over par at Worlds. His C1X putting percentage for the 2019 season is 75% and C1 percentage is 90%. CAT's C1X is 62% and C1 is 84%. Don't shoot me if I somehow screwed these stats up, but this just blows my mind! WNBA pros shoot an 80% average from the free throw line, NBA pros 75%. How is the 2nd ranked pro woman such a terrible putter and still winning tourneys and routinely finishing 2nd and 3rd? I am actually kind of impressed by Weema's stats, I'd be pretty happy putting 75% C1X in a tourney setting.

Cat is actually the highest rated FPO player, one point over Paige . . .and it´s just insane how you can be No1 with those C1/C1x stats?!?

She missed 25 C1x putts at Worlds!!

Cat is actually the highest rated FPO player, one point over Paige . . .and it´s just insane how you can be No1 with those C1/C1x stats?!?

She missed 25 C1x putts at Worlds!!

It's proof positive that Catrina is an amazing thrower. She has the most complete game off the tee and approaching.

I've been saying for a couple of years now that if she gets her putting figured out, she will certainly win another World title.

It's proof positive that Catrina is an amazing thrower. She has the most complete game off the tee and approaching.

I've been saying for a couple of years now that if she gets her putting figured out, she will certainly win another World title.

Yes of the tee she is amazing, and her standstill upshots are excellent. . she very rarely miss her line. .

And the long putts are as good as any FPO. . but the really short ones, not so much

It is just me or did anyone else notice that she was the only cardmate that did NOT congratulate PP on her win at worlds following the round. The rest of them hugged it all up after the round. No Cat. Given my perspective was only that which Smashboxx was providing live, but most of the post round activity was captured and Cat seemed to have disappeared once the round was over. Her non-nonchalant putting on 18 in round 4 was just bad body language for someone in the top 3. It seemed to continue. I bet former champ Paige Bjerkas demonstrated better sportsmanship even with her last place finish. I'm just not getting a good body language vibe from her anymore. Not sure what's going on with her. I wonder about not having a caddy. Carrying your bag for 5 rounds can take a toll. Putting with your bag on?! Come on man!!

I wonder about not having a caddy. Carrying your bag for 5 rounds can take a toll. Putting with your bag on?! Come on man!!
Yes to this, it had me scratching my head all the way through the tournament.

She posted back in June that she was taking a break from social media that her mental health was more important, etc, etc. I have no idea if her and Austin Hannum are still a couple, but if they are not that could have taken a toll on her lately. Maybe I missed it due to skipping around the coverage, but she seemed to be alone on the course, did anyone notice any friends/family around her? No doubt she has the talent to play strong for years to come and if the only thing she has to do is land a few more putts from 15ft in, no doubt she well. I just hope she wants to, the FPO division is better with her playing. I think a change of sponsor (sparking a positive new challenge in her life) might be a good thing.

Latest posts