• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

That's how markets work isn't it? Sellers sell for what the market will bear?

No one is making anyone bid on these discs.

I fail to see why this is considered ridiculous. Its just standard economics isn't it?

I belong to a couple auctions on Facebook and I have yet to see something that outrageous. I just picked up a 164g s magic & a 155g sss magic both have never been thrown for $12 shipped.

I don't doubt that this happens, but its not all of the auction pages.

I fail to see why this is considered ridiculous.

Considering I saw about a dozen of these on the shelf of my local dg store this morning for around $15, I'd say it is ridiculous.

Now to head back there and give my kids college funds a kick. :D

Considering I saw about a dozen of these on the shelf of my local dg store this morning for around $15, I'd say it is ridiculous.

Those were probably 10th anniversary. This is different.

DDGA is really hit or miss IMO. I've seen some really horrible discs sell for decent money and vice versa. For instance there's a 9.5 Champ Groove that's dyed and its going for $18 as of now. I wouldn't pay a $1 for a Groove but to each their own.

I've got 2 auctions right now that are below what I expected to get. A 10/10 Dyed Ape for $11 and a 10/10 Dyed Blzz Boss for $10. :\

C'est la vie as they say.

I also have sold on ddga. I had a pre avery pre numbers *d destroyer and it went for 35 bucks. I had no idea. I just figured I would get more for it there than as trade in a pias. I felt kind of dirty at first but then I looked through the site and saw such discs going for upwards of 55 bucks. That 35 bought my Nova and a couple used discs from here. I have also bought from ddga. Got a darn near brabd new star mako for 7 and a four disc lot consisting of valk, beast, ape, all champ all 6.5/10, and a star katana pdga pro worlds 2010 players disc 6/10 for 17. So it is not always super nuts, just gotta pick your battles.

Last edited:
That's how markets work isn't it? Sellers sell for what the market will bear?

No one is making anyone bid on these discs.

I fail to see why this is considered ridiculous. Its just standard economics isn't it?

^This x infinity.

As long as there are dumbasses willing to pay it, there will be people willing to sell it.

It's called "The American Dream." :|

I keep hearying the prices are crazy yet on "Dollar Disc Golf Auctions" I havent seen anything going for super high prices. Some were a little high but nothing outrageous.

I sold a two KC Teebirds for over $100/ea on there. I also got $70 for a clear cyrztal buzzz SS. I love it as a seller.

That first run buzzz is easily worth 100+

Agreed... depending on condition possibly more.. I've seen a 1st run Buzzz posted here in the marketplace.. for well over a 100 granted it was unthrown.. I just didn't have the change:(

Buzzz are the only mold I collect ( although a small collection currently)... 1st runs are not easily found.. you want one ya gotta pay

Right, but that doesn't mean the buyers aren't ridiculous.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this statement.
As a consumer/purchaser if I have $$ to spend and decide to spend x amount on a disc, how does this make me a dumbass?
Having said that, I've never spent more than $20 on a disc, but if I want to spend $100 on a beat to crap Dx disc, is that not my right and privilege?

I got a sweet minty fr super roc on there for like $60. They should be like $85-$100.

It's hit and miss really

Didn't we just have this thread and I was heralded as a champion of capitalism?

10th Anniversary Buzz for $15? Does this local dg store have a website to order from?

Latest posts