• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

Prodigy is selling so hot because they are obviously onto something great and will be around for awhile. It's like if you had a chance to by the actual first run of an innova rhyno or aviar before it even had a name you would pay a lot of money for it. Everyone thinks they're onto something and the prodigy collectors are fierce.

So its like Baseball Cards or Comics from like the late 70s thru the 90s where people thought they'd make money cause the old stuff was worth a lot cause no one was really collecting them at the time. But then everyone was collecting so they'll be worth nothing cause everyone kept them. Got it, people are goofy.

All the auction pages are like that. It's not every disc but some go for stupid money, and there's not even anything super special about them. There's no exposing fraudulent claims about discs either. The seller can alert a mod, and you get banned. It's seriously like they're encouraging the scams.

I made a slight comment like this and got bashed for being "not a collector, and rude, and all this stuff" All that I asked was "Would anybody pay $50+ for a disc?" I did have a Hahaha in it, but that's because YES a baseball card signed by Babe Ruth was MEANT to be kept mint and unused... a DISC is meant to be thrown as hard as you can and usually hits trees or cats or rocks or occassionally metal chains. So....the most I've spent on a disc is 25, because of a unique dye, and it was a Prodigy 400g. So....I just dont get it. I had some OOP and Ace discs and LE/SE/CE stuff, and what did I do? Aced with em, played with em, traded them, sold them. Sold a Discraft Wave for $8. Instead of 35. Because its plastic and I didnt pay that much for it to begin with. i DID sell a Eric Mccabe BuzzzSS for 20$, I told the guy I paid 17 new 3 years ago. He said, its OK, ill give you 20. I even told him 10. So.....i dont know. ;):doh:

yeah, cats are a funny critter to make jokes about. NO I do not throw a disc at a cat. BUT one time I was playing a lake course by my college and my buddy and I were on a hole that was covered in Geese. and he said **** IT...and threw anyway and totally nailed a Goose right in the neck with a Wraith. it was kinda funny I couldn't help but laugh...
It's neck kinda did a whip action. It was fine, it honked and rallied it's buddies and so we ran through them scaring them away. But they got the last honk...there poo was all over our shoes...clever girl

yeah, cats are a funny critter to make jokes about. NO I do not throw a disc at a cat. BUT one time I was playing a lake course by my college and my buddy and I were on a hole that was covered in Geese. and he said **** IT...and threw anyway and totally nailed a Goose right in the neck with a Wraith. it was kinda funny I couldn't help but laugh...
It's neck kinda did a whip action. It was fine, it honked and rallied it's buddies and so we ran through them scaring them away. But they got the last honk...there poo was all over our shoes...clever girl

That sucks. Kill all Geese!!!

I have experienced the opposite in my recent attempts to sell on facebook. Sure some of the unique discs or ones that someone wants something so specific you might get a higher price . . . but discs are worth what people will pay for them not what the MSRP is. I have found that if I do not ship items for free, people will not buy from me . . . which in essence drops $4 off the price I achieve in an auction or someone's offer. I cannot afford to spend that much time selling on there for only a couple $ . . . it just doesn't make sense. I would rather take care of the locals int he area with the cool and unique ones because those are the loyal people. I will continue to sell on Facebook but I am going to be very particular about what I list and how I do it because I have also had 2 out of like 15 people back out on deals that wasted hours of my time.

So its like Baseball Cards or Comics from like the late 70s thru the 90s where people thought they'd make money cause the old stuff was worth a lot cause no one was really collecting them at the time.

My dad still has about 250,000 baseball cards in his basement. Probably 95% of them are worthless 1987-1991 sets. Beckett prices for a full set at the time were probably $20-25. A quarter century later you can find them on eBay for less than $10, and even at those prices they rarely move.

So word to the wise, on collectible anything. Anything that is made for the purpose of being a collectible, tends to get collected rather than used. If you, and your neighbor, and your neighbors neighbor, and millions of other neighbors like them all hoard your stuff away, and then suddenly decide 10-20 years down the road that you want to sell that stuff, you're in for a rude awakening when you try to cash in. Baseball cards, Beanie Babies, Franklin Mint crap, and collectible golf discs. Its all the same story.

The only way it may end differently is if some, or better yet most of the "collectible" discs get used, dinged up, lost, destroyed or otherwise have something happen to them that makes an unthrown one rarer. That and it has to be a desired disc to begin with, over time.

A friend of mine was offered 300 bucks for his place in line and another 300 for his PS3 ticket. He obviously accepted......When someone wants something, logic and rationality can go out the window.

The thing that really sucks is that I have to go to FB to see all the nice OOP plastic instead of seeing it here from respected sellers. These guys are posting there first, instead of coming here like they used to.

Oh whoa Grandpa, tell me 'bout them good ole' days.

Dont know if ya all saw it or not but Ulli has a 750s m3 i believe going for over 1000 on ddga.

Yeah we saw it. The dude bidding is named will cross. He's a maniac and I'm not sure what he does for a living but he needs to get me a job.

It's a test m3. The actual first run. I'm not sure anyone even bid before him because there's over 500 comments. It's at $1200 right now.

Ridiculous yes, but Will is ridiculous. He is probably trying to spread the holiday spirit. Cale Leviska sold one for $40 on ddga hahaha. Luck of the draw.

Sorry if I missed something because I didn't bother reading all those comments, but the picture and description says thats a 400s M3 :confused:

Unless you're collecting super old stuff, collecting sucks. You almost never get a return on your investment, unless it's uber-rare.

When I was a kid, I collected free stuff. I like business cards, for some reason. Had one from every state and around 50 countries. One day, I got bored with it, and it was no big deal to chuck em.

Don't forget **PRE-FLIGHT** numbers!! Like it's some ultra rare oop thing.

Ive been on those FB sites for a while now and it amazes me that people will dish out more for a pre-flight numbers disc. Im not taking a Pre-kenny Wraith or an 11x TB im talking about a stock sidewinder. People are saying those are worth $20 on FB.

My dad still has about 250,000 baseball cards in his basement. Probably 95% of them are worthless 1987-1991 sets. Beckett prices for a full set at the time were probably $20-25. A quarter century later you can find them on eBay for less than $10, and even at those prices they rarely move.

So word to the wise, on collectible anything. Anything that is made for the purpose of being a collectible, tends to get collected rather than used. If you, and your neighbor, and your neighbors neighbor, and millions of other neighbors like them all hoard your stuff away, and then suddenly decide 10-20 years down the road that you want to sell that stuff, you're in for a rude awakening when you try to cash in. Baseball cards, Beanie Babies, Franklin Mint crap, and collectible golf discs. Its all the same story.

The only way it may end differently is if some, or better yet most of the "collectible" discs get used, dinged up, lost, destroyed or otherwise have something happen to them that makes an unthrown one rarer. That and it has to be a desired disc to begin with, over time.

I could see this in DG with the exception of Mint CE plastic. Those discs mint are the holy grail of our sport and forever will be. Yes, there is plenty of plastic out there that is excellent but they will never be CE even if they are perhaps as good...perhaps.

That prodigy disc thing is stupid...Uli clearly says in the post that it is 400s plastic and with how the beads go thru the machine that is very well possible to come out like that. Look at some innova stuff and how it comes out like that. Some dude who isn't a Prodigy pro and not Lavonne is the one who said it was 750 plastic and it blew up. So far NO PRODIGY PERSON has verified that it is the 750 plastic. They are just sitting back watching the internet go crazy. Some people just have too much money for their own good apparently and not enough sense to read or question anything someone tells them. smh

It's certainly a seller's market on Facebook.
I'm going to start peeing in bottles and sell them as 100% authentic Ken Climo urine. I'm sure I'd make about $250 per bottle.

Last edited:
I have bought a couple discs from some of the auction groups on FB and they were pretty good deals. For example 2 brand new magics for 12 shipped.:D

The biggest complaint from me is all the damn drama and thievery that happens on there.:mad: I know it happens all over but for some reason it is like a plague in the majority of the groups.

One group I really like is the $15 and under group. This group seems to have the lowest drama rating because the rules are cut and dry :thmbup: Plus you can find some decent throwers on there

Latest posts