• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

It's disc golf. Making money is theft in most peoples mind.

Facebook is a market system and works astonishingly well. The most sought after discs are ones that people want to own and throw. USDGC Rocs are going for next to nothing while Destroyers, etc prices are rising. If that Wizard goes for 20 you'd be crazy not to sell it. I've gotten great deals on discs from Facebook, much better than I have in the marketplace. When there is something going for an insane amount of money it's simple I don't bid for it.

I've had the same experience. I picked up an 11x Eagle L and an 11x CA Teebird, each one was $23 shipped. Those are both lower than any I've seen on here...

Those mystery auctions were stopped for the reasons you give.

You must have missed that part.

I said, "but the things that were getting out of hand were the mystery auctions." WERE being the key word here, because it's past tense. Meaning I know the mystery auctions are against the rules now. That is why I used past tense. You must of missed that part though :)

DGC shipping is slow as molasses (FedEx). MST is very fast(USPS). If' you're buying over 50 bucks it's a no brainer.

I'm a 10% discount as well on DGC, but if I'm going to spend $50 or more it's cheaper to go through MST. Doing it that way MST has lower prices and WAY faster shipping.

To get back on topic Dollar Disc Golf Auction, DDGA, yes people are paying insane amounts of money on crap! But hey a fool and their money is soon departed. I will admit it does kinda erk me when people are asking for retail+ on a 8/10 disc that has obviously been around the course more then it's fair share. I personally shy away from them, but it's like a car accident I have to stop and stare.

To get back on topic Dollar Disc Golf Auction, DDGA, yes people are paying insane amounts of money on crap! But hey a fool and their money is soon departed. I will admit it does kinda erk me when people are asking for retail+ on a 8/10 disc that has obviously been around the course more then it's fair share. I personally shy away from them, but it's like a car accident I have to stop and stare.

There is one auction going on right now for a #1 Driver that has reached $7.

SMH

I said, "but the things that were getting out of hand were the mystery auctions." WERE being the key word here, because it's past tense. Meaning I know the mystery auctions are against the rules now. That is why I used past tense. You must of missed that part though :)

So you whined about something you knew was not happening anymore.

I missed that part. :)

I have landed some crazy deals on fb too. $15 for a 11x eagle, $13 for a clear champ spider, and some Discraft glasses for $6.

The mystery auctions are a bit stupid though.

I've noticed that as well. Avery has made bank on some of his personal stock. Colglazier got over $50 for a team stamped Prodigy disc... Must be nice to be a pro!

Pretty sure Catrinas disc hit 70 and may still be going....

but the things that were getting out of hand were the mystery auctions. People werw paying $200+ just in hopes that there would be 1-2 really good discs in there. Then they find out that the mystery proto stamped disc was a Groove or something awesome like that and they get mad cause they just paid $250 for stock plastic they could of picked up for a lot less.. while the seller is just sitting back with a smile

Those mystery auctions were stopped for the reasons you give.

You must have missed that part.

I could have sworn I saw a bunch last week and was thinking the same thing. I don't like them for the exact reason, seems like an easy way for someone to unload their junk on someone. Sorry I like to know what im buying....they have to be the dumbest thing Ive seen.....of course again if people didn't bid they wouldn't be having them so the people bidding on them are even dunber.....

id say that some discs go for pretty ridiculous prices, but some dont.. For example.. I somehow snagged a 400s M3 and 400s D4 for 16 shipped..TOTAL.

There is a brand new pre flight Destroyer on the dollar disc golf site that is at $50. It is *D, incredible that it costs that much. I love old Destroyers but wouldn't even pay half of that.

I purchased that white *D for 13 dollars two months ago and traded it to that McDaniel fella. It came from a disc shop that had closed for business, I knew I should of held onto it longer.

There is a brand new pre flight Destroyer on the dollar disc golf site that is at $50. It is *D, incredible that it costs that much. I love old Destroyers but wouldn't even pay half of that.

I purchased that white *D for 13 dollars two months ago and traded it to that McDaniel fella. It came from a disc shop that had closed for business, I knew I should of held onto it longer.

I know something worth what they will pay for it but honestly do you think a pre numbers destroyer is really worth 50 dollars? I have half a mind to go to my local PIAS and grab anything old to see what I get for it..though around here they're pretty much busted. Most likely for the same reason. I think people are going in there and buying up anything old hoping they find gold..hence all the annoying price check posts you see...

riDISCulousness

This thread was created to document the riDISCulous Facebook auction prices!

Ill get'r started

First run Buzz 7/10. been thrown, stamp wear, and faded ink.
Current bid: $96

picture.php

^^ Oh yeah. Everything goes for stupid prices on the Facebook. like regular stock stamp discs go for 10-15$ more than retail

Latest posts