• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

played a private course last weekend. Had Scottish Highland Cattle, horses, donkeys, turkeys, emu's.....80 acre farm and the course played IN the pasteurs!

Was called the Cowpie Invitational III

64599_119214568136630_100001442634120_139925_8197159_n.jpg

64981_119214628136624_100001442634120_139932_7295764_n.jpg

40887_119215904803163_100001442634120_139938_6352317_n.jpg

64981_119214618136625_100001442634120_139929_3728186_n.jpg

Hawk hollow has alot of cows and last weekend this guy had a low drive and caught one right in the jaw and then the cow backed up and then started eating again. Also i got charged by a cow while making an upshot on 7 and had a bad upshot cuz it was starring me down the whole time.

Black Bears in Whistler, B.C.

Snakes in the country of Belize

yuz scurred of snakes?

not a fan of being bit by them, doesnt feel too good. i cant even imagine being bit by a venomous one...the creek is partially dry and there was a small section that has water in it, which is where my disc went, and where the big water moccasin went after i walked up on him lol. the second time i ran into one, the snake was on the edge of the water and stayed in this big pile of flood debris (and he was half the size of the first lol) so i grabbed a big stick to use for a false sense of protection while i jumped in and hurried around finding my disc while i kept an eye on him the whole time. first disc was just a boss so i didnt mind leaving it but the second one was an ace disc so i had to get it lol

I was just playing. I always have a golden retriever in my bag for times like that. depending on how big the snake was i would have had a lrge branch next to me,

Stick insect. A rather large one.
100_2710.jpg

Web worms have really messed our courses up in recent weeks. These pics do little justice for what it's really like.
100_2698.jpg

100_2712.jpg

Texas Brown Snake.
unident1.jpg

Groundhog day

My brother and our friend were in between holes recently, about 5 feet ahead a groundhog ran across the path followed by a black dog. I had no idea groundhogs could move so Fast! Also feel I've become acquainted with all the local spiders from looking for lost discs.

The preferred nomenclature is "marmot."

Two more Black Widows on our benches. Found both within a minute of each other. Hope the cool weather shows up before someone gets bit.
Also at the benches yesterday, a friend was 'stung' or something by an unidentified creature. The pain was immediate, with large hives. Did not last long. We are assuming he bumped an Asp.

Bumped a snake once. Never saw him until I was bending over to get the disc. The snake was a little garter snake, maybe 8 inches. Funny part was the disc, dx viper. :doh:

I was about a foot away from walking into this guy's web with him in it. My son grabbed me just in time. The body is the size of my thumb. Only spiders I'm a fan of are from Innova. :p

Attachments

• Spider CSU.jpg
    Spider CSU.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 118
I was about a foot away from walking into this guy's web with him in it. My son grabbed me just in time. The body is the size of my thumb. Only spiders I'm a fan of are from Innova. :p

Argiope_aurantia- my favorite, harmless unless your a grasshopper... i have three in progress.
ink003.jpg

Last edited:
This happened at home. My son and I are in the back yard playing. A couple of squirrels are running around my son likes to watch them play. So as squirrels are playing all hell breaks loose in the trees in my backyard birds squawking other squirrels chirping. All the sudden a Hawk swoops in and grabs one of the squirrels and flies off. My favorite part of this was the conversation with my 4 year old son after words.

Dad what's the bird doing with the squirrel
He's taking him flying was my response
Dad where are they going.
I believe they are going out for dinner buddy.

Latest posts