• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

A ringnecked snake. Strange cause it was 40 degrees out. It was alive but certainly slower than normal.

Attachments

• 0DA54585-B27E-4578-91C2-2463ED61AF93.jpg
    0DA54585-B27E-4578-91C2-2463ED61AF93.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 112
The deer were crazy today:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 330
Kind of looks like you were throwing at a deer. :|

It's not as mean as shooting it, which is what most people do up here.

In all seriousness, I get where your coming from, and I have mixed feelings about it myself. Didn't expect to get near that close. Glad I didn't actually hit it.

I'm also the person who traps spiders and wasps in cups when they are inside to transplant them outside. They do t need to die, just be relocated. I'm all for being kind to creation. I suppose throwing a frisbee at a deer isn't exactly kind.

I have a friend, not on DGCR, who yesterday had a fawn follow him around a course for 6 holes, like a dog, curious and calm enough to be petted.

In all seriousness, I get where your coming from, and I have mixed feelings about it myself. Didn't expect to get near that close. Glad I didn't actually hit it.

I'm also the person who traps spiders and wasps in cups when they are inside to transplant them outside. They do t need to die, just be relocated. I'm all for being kind to creation. I suppose throwing a frisbee at a deer isn't exactly kind.

I hit a deer at long range at some St. Louis course. Some day I'll learn not to throw at things I don't want to hit. The worst part is the sound. Thump in the ribs of the deer, knock on the head of a rabbit, clash off the door of the car of a guy who said, "I bet you can't hit my car."

"Mean" and "kind" may be too simplistic. I will not kill insects or bees or spiders in the house, but I won't hesitate to kill a deer or a rabbit or a fish or a horse or an oak tree in the proper setting.

Please, not to a disc golf course near me!

Small gator on the ditch by #7 at Oldsmar.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Small gator on #7b.jpg
    Small gator on #7b.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 179
Not something you see all the time on a disc golf course. The fiddler crabs were all around #12 at Oldsmar. Hard to get a good picture with a camera phone.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fiddler Crab on #12.jpg
    Fiddler Crab on #12.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 174
20190406_144918_001.jpg

Hole 18 at the new course here by me, Armco.
There are 5 turtles on these floating branches but 10 went back into the water as I got my phone out to take the pictures. These things were covered in them.

Latest posts