• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Discraft's Portland Open presented by Bevel Craft Brewing May 25-27

I think the real question is, if the camera was so close to Hammes on the tee that when walking back down the tee he could just reach out and touch it, why did he not ask the camera to move before he threw the shot?

And also, why is there not a defined distance for the camera to be away from players while throwing.

I'm not saying what Hammes did was correct, but it sure sounds like he was provoked into it by the camera guy. One would hope in hindsight that, in addition to a discussion with Adam, the DGPT will both discuss the issue with the camera guy if the accusations are true, and come up with standards for where camera people should be on the course. I would also say players have plenty of right to ask cameras to move before their shot.

Am I the only one doing a hard eye-roll over all this hand-wringing regarding this Hammes "incident?"
No. :|

I mean I've watched multi-million dollar athletes lose their cool in the heat of competition for decades. Hammes little tap of the camera doesn't move the needle very much on that scale.

Also this idea that we are going to start live steaming disc golf and the players are suddenly going to become sportsmanship robots and incidents are not going to occur is kinda weird. They are going to occur. They happen in all sports at all levels.

So jvphobic INSTRUCTED the cameraman to get into Hammes's face? That's even worse. :mad:

And the response is a typical Media 'we can do no wrong' response. The cameraman was WRONG. jvphobic, if he instructed the cameraman to get into player's face, was WRONG. :thmbdown:

I'm all the more on Hammes's side on this.

It is amazing that you take this away from JV's response.

Latest posts