• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Idlewild Open driven by Innova & The Nati Aug 7-9

Uh, not quite, but I appreciate the sentiment.

812 Courtesy
B. A player must:
2. Watch the other members of the group throw in order to ensure rules compliance and to help find discs.

Players are required to watch, but there is nothing that says they need to always be in the best position to see everything.

If they simply weren't looking that would be a courtesy violation.

Here's my question on that:

If they are required to watch in order to ensure rules compliance, and foot faulting/stance is a rule, and they are not in a position to see the feet/stance, then they are not "watching" for the purpose stated in the quoted portion.

Often players are not even watching at all, such as when they stand still with their back turned while another player is putting.

Another possible reading is that they have to watch for the purpose of putting pressure on the thrower to comply with the rules.

In any case, it states that rules compliance is a purpose of watching.

Last edited:
The Finnish Disc Golf Association guys did officially check with the PDGA rules committee and you cannot warn or penalize a player for not making a call, like a stance violation. So theres that.

Anywhoo... Whats with UDisclive? I was holding out on the scores hoping to catch Jomez B9 before the live and now when I checked R2 scores, the top 4 names are not the people on the leas card ATM. Little jumbled up. I was syper confused jumping into the stream based on what I had just seen on Udisclive

Paul blowing up a bit on hole 7... We've got a race now

WOW... Dickerson throws in an eagle from 140 on the KY hole. Will have the lead once Paul finishes his dubogey on 7. -12 thru 13 but he needs to get to at least -27 or -28 I think to have a chance to hold on.

Last edited:
Really enjoying the Eagle show!
His death putt on 11... ballz.

Last edited:
During his post round interview yesterday, Paul said he was trying to go for the green on that shot on 16. He said it just look like the perfect line for his buzz and that even if he went long he could still bounce back in bounds…:eek:

Great drama coming down the stretch...
:popcorn:

It might be interesting to hear Big Jerm's final round commentary on Jomez.

To the local guys... Does it make you laugh hearing people talk about how hard no18 is?... I know I do cause I can't help but think how hard would they think it was if that stupid tree was still right in the middle of the opening, lol

Latest posts