• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Idlewild Open driven by Innova & The Nati Aug 7-9

.It's good to see the course has a say in the outcome. You don't win at Idlewild until the last putt drops into 18's basket.
Sure luck comes into the equation but no matter how much luck you have or don't,quality shots are the only thing keeping you in the game.
A 14 under round is rare as it should be but these are the best in the game and the numbers prove that out. Heck 9 or 10 down is awesome in itself.
Idlewild is far from being the best overall course in the country but it should be in the top 5 courses for professional disc golf competition.

any commentary on how your teammates fared out there? Best performance was Tied for 25th.

None on here. But I was talking to BogeyNoMore, the guy who called him "McClutch." PM me and I'll be happy to go on the topic you want to discuss with me.

Any commentary on his performance on #17?

If you insist: He didn't execute. That doesn't take away from the fact that he hit a fairly tough putt on 16, which really kept him in the thick things at the time. I got nothing in particular against McBeth, but I'm not a fanboi.

My faves KJ and JC... both of whom struggled at this event. Although KJ bounced back pretty well after a tough 1st round.

Since my guys aren't in the hunt, I'm happy for Eagle. Good for him winning back to back DGPT events.

Boomer getting some serious tree love on 11.

I wish Widboom had aced 11 so we could debate the most ridiculous deflection ace on Tour or ever.

One of my two aces was a tree kick, but of the 15 foot variety. Widboom's kick was at least 125 feet, maybe more. The disc was never on line.

All the bogeys are making the FPO round tough to watch, but Boomer's seemed to have the best mindset.

At the point, she just needs to avoid ugly mistakes. The course will likely do the rest of the work, as others have to be aggressive to make a move.

The Finnish Disc Golf Association guys did officially check with the PDGA rules committee and you cannot warn or penalize a player for not making a call, like a stance violation. So theres that.

You might want to check your facts on that. Or get a fresh answer.

All the bogeys are making the FPO round tough to watch, but Boomer's seemed to have the best mindset.

At the point, she just needs to avoid ugly mistakes. The course will likely do the rest of the work, as others have to be aggressive to make a move.

Agree with the mindset and strategy.

The toughest thing for me to watch is Hokom wiping her mouth with the same towel she uses to wipe her discs.

"If the position of the thrown disc is in-bounds and within one meter of an out-of-bounds line, the lie may be relocated to a new lie at any point on a one-meter line that extends perpendicularly from the nearest point on the out-of-bounds line and passes through the center of the thrown disc."

Came up during Catrina's birdie putt on 16. So if in bounds, but within a meter of OB, you can move your lie closer to the basket?

It is quite impressive to me that not only did Eagle win back to back DGPT events, but they are totally different. Toboggan being more open, where distance power is rewarded, whereas Idlewild rewards staying the heck on the fairway and hitting tighter lines with power. Two quite different skillsets. I think he is here to stay. His putting looked quite solid today. And as someone said earlier--that drive on 10--just sick.

I think PM's drive on 17 was an eagle attempt flat out, he knew he was back 2, and how tough it is to birdie 18. Just missed his line, and at that point he knew it was over, since from his position even birdie was likely out. I think hole 13 is where he basically lost it. Couple more feet right he probably easily birdies that hole. He definitely was pushing after that. Those teeth sure did show up today!

"If the position of the thrown disc is in-bounds and within one meter of an out-of-bounds line, the lie may be relocated to a new lie at any point on a one-meter line that extends perpendicularly from the nearest point on the out-of-bounds line and passes through the center of the thrown disc."

Came up during Catrina's birdie putt on 16. So if in bounds, but within a meter of OB, you can move your lie closer to the basket?
Si, senor.

All the bogeys are making the FPO round tough to watch.

I second that.
Val's commentary makes it tough for me to listen to. She speaks so slo-o-o-o-owly. She needs to switch from 33rpm to 45.

And not every good drive is an "absolute crush!"

I second that.
Val's commentary makes it tough for me to listen to. She speaks so slo-o-o-o-owly. She needs to switch from 33rpm to 45.

And not every good drive is an "absolute crush!"

Lol.

Really happy for Boomer! Love seeing her carry her gallon jug. I've seen her schlepp one around the Toboggan a few times.

Kind of feel for Sarah... She finally finished ahead of Paige, but it wasn't enough.

.It's good to see the course has a say in the outcome. You don't win at Idlewild until the last putt drops into 18's basket.
Sure luck comes into the equation but no matter how much luck you have or don't,quality shots are the only thing keeping you in the game.
A 14 under round is rare as it should be but these are the best in the game and the numbers prove that out. Heck 9 or 10 down is awesome in itself.
Idlewild is far from being the best overall course in the country but it should be in the top 5 courses for professional disc golf competition.

As the saying goes, "he's a man's man." I think that way of Idlewild, a " man's man" of a disc golf course. It's too bad I don't live in Kentucky anymore otherwise I would like to play it again.

Latest posts