• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Des Moines Challenge July 9-11

FPO tee times start at 5:20 pm, I'm at 5:40 pm, and the feature FPO card goes out at 6:15 pm.

The sunset is 8:49 pm. It's going to be a close one. I hope the TV cameras have fast lenses on them.

(A "fast" lens has a very wide aperture to allow in a lot of light. It's a term dating back to film cameras.)

The front9 is just murdering disc golfers, lol...

This is the kind of thing i wish we had cameras on every hole PGA Tour/major type broadcasts. We'd get to watch all this carnage before the top players go out.

Last edited:
True story: we got word to stop for darkness on hole 17, a wooded plinko shot. Jeff Spring was close at hand so we asked to finish out, as 18 is in the open and lit by the twilight. He said it was a group call, so we voted 4-0 to finish. We played as fast as we could, stayed in the fairway, and tapped in on 18 as pitch darkness arrived.

This way we didn't have to come back at 9:00 to play two holes. Thanks Jeff!

It's so nice to see Pickard Park being featured on the DGPT. Pickard's one of my favorite courses, and the XXL layout for this tournament is killer. Kudos to the Des Moines club for getting this course prepared for the touring pros. That octagon on #7 really improves that hole. This is a great course which should yield a great competition this weekend.

It's so nice to see Pickard Park being featured on the DGPT. Pickard's one of my favorite courses, and the XXL layout for this tournament is killer. Kudos to the Des Moines club for getting this course prepared for the touring pros. That octagon on #7 really improves that hole. This is a great course which should yield a great competition this weekend.

Very unprofessional, professional post. Gratitude, appreciation for the hours and hours of hard work by countless volunteers?

Seriously, great post!! :hfive:

Brodie on a tear....

Figures he does this the day after he's being filmed, lol... Maybe he'll hang on for a feature card tomorrow but i doubt it. He'd likely have to finish at least -11 for the round and would still need some help. There are a ton of guys who haven't even or just started their rounds...

Figures he does this the day after he's being filmed, lol... Maybe he'll hang on for a feature card tomorrow but i doubt it. He'd likely have to finish at least -11 for the round and would still need some help. There are a ton of guys who haven't even or just started their rounds...

as soon as i posted that he bogeyed , but looks like he shook it off. if it happens again i won't ever "nice" him again. :doh:

Birdies 17 and the difficult 18th to shoot -9 and temporarily tie for hotround of the event. Emerson Keith is going to beat it i think...

me and Matty-o says ROLL TIDE! after 55 years of being a fan that's never gonna happen. i went to high school (and started playing disc golf) in Ohio but never felt right about cheering for the Buckeyes. Tide Pride runs deep in the dirty south. ;-)

They're going to go into a weather delay here shortly as a nasty looking band of storms is about to roll thru. It's getting super windy as it gets closer. Shouldn't last long though.

What do the players do during a lightning delay?

Is there a shelter or a "safe" location

radar looks bad for the extended although i don't which direction from the city they are playing. the future radar from weather.com shows it rockin' til after 8PM.

What do the players do during a lightning delay?

Is there a shelter or a "safe" location

Yesterday Silas Schultz said his card found a church right next to the hole they were playing, that let them in. They played ping pong, charged their phones, and relaxed in the AC until the storm passed.

Everyone else probably has to run back to their cars.

Latest posts