• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Des Moines Challenge July 9-11

Yesterday Silas Schultz said his card found a church right next to the hole they were playing, that let them in. They played ping pong, charged their phones, and relaxed in the AC until the storm passed.

Everyone else probably has to run back to their cars.
Silas' group promised to attend the early service tomorrow before their round...

Nate Doss isn't very good at looking at radar if he thinks this rain delay is going to be less than an hour. Most likely, they won't play again tonight.

Hi! I'm back in my motel room after play was suspended. I was about to tee off on hole 5, so that's going to be a fun starting hole on the restart.

We left the site when they evacuated all the volunteers from the tourney central pavilion at Pickard, telling them to grab their things and skedaddle. There was no formal "get out" order or word of how much longer the delay will be, but we were encouraged to head for someplace sturdy for a long while, owing to the wall of bad stuff coming from the west.

BIG NEWS:

Per a mass email from Jeff Spring:

Jeff Spring sent an email just now said:
Competitors & Event Staff,

We have suspended play for the remainder of the day due to a large storm approaching Pickard Park.

Please head back to your accommodations and seek safety immediately.

Communication regarding the restart of Round 2 of competition, which will be Sunday morning, will be sent ASAP. For all players who are currently actively engaged in Round 2 on the course, play will resume from your current lie tomorrow morning. We will communicate a restart time shortly. If the marking of your lie has changed overnight due to weather conditions, or any other reason, it will be a group decision to remark your lie as close to the correct position as possible.

We expect a full day of competition to complete the event tomorrow, on Sunday, but it will depend on the development of weather conditions. Specific directions on tomorrow's full plan for competition will be sent shortly.

Scheduling update for tomorrow.

Attachments

• 03E2B163-E157-4E0F-A1A3-910624E8D7B9.jpg
    03E2B163-E157-4E0F-A1A3-910624E8D7B9.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 70
Yesterday Silas Schultz said his card found a church right next to the hole they were playing, that let them in. They played ping pong, charged their phones, and relaxed in the AC until the storm passed.

Everyone else probably has to run back to their cars.

They must have been on hole 10! The Evangelical Free church is back there on the road that runs on the left side of that hole.

Watching some of Rd 1 post pro coverage...beautiful course. Props to the Des Moines club and all who helped get the course on shape for the tourney.

I feel for players having to deal with the weather delays. It's gotta be tough to maintain your rhythm, especially for people who get kinda locked into a routine. I suppose it really helps if you're have more of a flexible, "go with the flow" personality.

Either way, dealing with all sorts of adversity is a part of the mental game. It's not only about bouncing back from bogies, trying to keep up with hot players, or rising to the pressure of the moment.

Last edited:
Wow Paige is really WAY of from the tee and her upshots are far from good

18 is just wrecking people lol... Brodie took a 7, Barela a 10 and there are many bogeys...

Calvin is streaking...

Breaking News...

It's confirmed Paul McBeth is cold blooded.

In a new pic posted online during the final round of the DGPT's Des Moines Challenge, Paul's true identity has been confirmed...

OIP.RySEFwBc0lfta93SZwwBmgAAAA

What kind of baskets are these? The course page says Chainstars but I think that's wrong. I thought Innova baskets had galvanized/grey cages and these are yellow. Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.

What kind of baskets are these? The course page says Chainstars but I think that's wrong. I thought Innova baskets had galvanized/grey cages and these are yellow. Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.

28-chain Innova somethings. I had a couple of good catches that would have bounced off of a Mach X, so I was happy with them.

edit: Oh, they had them powder coated and/or wrapped for the tourney, too, so the current color might not be stock.

Latest posts