• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: The Memorial Championship presented by Discraft 27-Feb to 01-Mar-2020

Paige shoots a 1057 rated round. Dang!
Eagle in the lead.
What happened to Feldy and Brinster?

Maybe a stupid question, but how does udisclive report super specific results?

I understand having each players hole results after the fact, but how do they know "x player just made a 12 foot birdie putt" for a decent amount of players in basically real-time?

Are they really paying people to follow a decent amount of cards around? Maybe the spotters are reporting, but seems unlikely? Fake news? Surely the players would never agree to report results after each shot? Magic?

Last edited:

I understand having each players hole results after the fact, but how do they know "x player just made a 12 foot birdie putt" for a decent amount of players in basically real-time?

Are they really paying people to follow a decent amount of cards around? Maybe the spotters are reporting, but seems unlikely? Fake news? Surely the players would never agree to report results after each shot? Magic?

I don't know if they are getting paid, but there are definitely real people following the players around entering all of the udisc stats in real time.

Every card has someone -- a player (not usually*), a caddie, a volunteer from the tourney staff, someone's relative who is walking with the group anyway. . . someone with a smart phone and the live scoring app open. It's a very, very easy app to use, and lots of people want to feel like part of the action by helping out.

It's crowdsourcing!

Some tourneys have a "Udisc volunteer coordinator," either one of the folks from Udisc or a local volunteer, who hangs around hole one and asks around for help to make sure every card goes out with a scorekeeper. Sometimes there's bennies, like a T-shirt, or a few extra raffle tickets for tourneys that have those, or something else. (Or sometimes it's just the knowledge of a job well done.)

(*: Sometimes so, though! Last year at the KCWO Hannah McBeth was totally into keeping Udisc score for the card every round I played with her.)

Last edited:

They are not really thay accurate, at least if they use the same app as ordinary users. You note your putting distance from C1 with three categories, and then the distance is reported as average of that category. Same with C1, then you estimate actual distance if you make your shot outside C2 (I think, never made one...).

Wow Paige. . -12!! thats better than every single MPO player. . sure FPO have four holes that is shorter. . but still!!

Only six MPO player had a higher rated round than Paige. . in a field of +150 MPO players

From Jerm's Instagram page (REALLY hoping someone got this on video):

bigjermdg This is one of my favorite
disc golf selfies I've ever taken. Hands
down one of my favorite cards I've
ever played on with over 50 years of
combined touring experience and
friendship. On hole 13, I stepped
up to the tee and tossed perhaps
the most inexplicable aces Ive ever
#witnessed. A spike hyzer with
my signature series @infinitediscs
Concrete Slab landed about 10 ft
short of the pin and proceeded to
spring straight up at least 7 to 8 feet
high and landed in the elevated basket
268' away. In all my years of seeing
discs fly, skip, roll, slide, etc. I have
NEVER seen a disc react quite the
way this shot reacted. Had the disc
NOT landed in the basket it would
have still been one of the cooler shots
I had seen in a long, long time. The
fact that it went in, alongside some
of my greatest friends, made it all the
sweeter. A truly wonderful memory
was made today!@innovadiscs
#memorialchampionship #holeinone

Well, we all know, BigJerm is certainly overdue in getting a big ace himself!! :clap::clap:

Last edited:
Wow Paige. . -12!! thats better than every single MPO player. . sure FPO have four holes that is shorter. . but still!!

Only six MPO player had a higher rated round than Paige. . in a field of +150 MPO players

This round is unofficially rated 1057! Gotta be one of, if not the best FPO rated round ever.

Latest posts