• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

After throwing my 4 discs today I must say I'm pretty impressed. The escape and fugitive were not as stable as I was hoping for, but still awesome. The fugitive doesn't seem to like a ton of power; instead it seemed to like a smooth throw at about 70% and relied on its great glide for distance. The same can be said for the escape in my observation. At 70% the escape was going around 370 maybe a little more and thats exactly what I wanted. The fade was gradual and smooth, not a hard dump on both the escape and fugitive. The trespass on the other hand could take whatever I gave it and went far. Reminded me of a TP sword with a tick more fade. All of them are bagged and I'm not really seeing need for a buzzz anymore. Dynamic did a good job with these.

I have a 1st run escape that is the most amazing looking disc that I own, and I have a lot of L64/WS discs. I am currently injured but a buddy threw it a few times and it was nice and stable with a little fade at the end. Reminded me of my teebirds...

If anyone has a fugitive that looks like this, please let me know! I'll pay premium price for premium plastic.... I have a trespass on the way with a similar look, but its not a 1st run.

Attachments

• 20130112_091807.jpg
    20130112_091807.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 77
  • disc.jpg
    disc.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 42
After throwing my 4 discs today I must say I'm pretty impressed. The escape and fugitive were not as stable as I was hoping for, but still awesome. The fugitive doesn't seem to like a ton of power; instead it seemed to like a smooth throw at about 70% and relied on its great glide for distance. The same can be said for the escape in my observation. At 70% the escape was going around 370 maybe a little more and thats exactly what I wanted. The fade was gradual and smooth, not a hard dump on both the escape and fugitive. The trespass on the other hand could take whatever I gave it and went far. Reminded me of a TP sword with a tick more fade. All of them are bagged and I'm not really seeing need for a buzzz anymore. Dynamic did a good job with these.

:thmbup: If you get a chance to throw a Fugitive in BioFuzion plastic let us know how you think it compares to the Lucid. I think mine is actually a little more stable. It does fly better with a smooth toss and letting the glide do the work. I hope their OS mid is exactly like it in terms of the dimensions but with the stability of a new KC Pro Roc or a Lat64 Pain.

I have a 1st run escape that is the most amazing looking disc that I own, and I have a lot of L64/WS discs. I am currently injured but a buddy threw it a few times and it was nice and stable with a little fade at the end. Reminded me of my teebirds...

If anyone has a fugitive that looks like this, please let me know! I'll pay premium price for premium plastic.... I have a trespass on the way with a similar look, but its not a 1st run.

I have one like that, I was so surprised when I got it because I assumed it was just a plain blue disc. I wouldn't trade it for anything. One of my go to drivers.

:thmbup: If you get a chance to throw a Fugitive in BioFuzion plastic let us know how you think it compares to the Lucid. I think mine is actually a little more stable. It does fly better with a smooth toss and letting the glide do the work. I hope their OS mid is exactly like it in terms of the dimensions but with the stability of a new KC Pro Roc or a Lat64 Pain.

Will do. I intend on picking up a set in biofusion here soon.

The judge had about the same flex as soft x. Lower profile rounded-bullet nose than a wizard, but really pronounced broad bead. Very comfortable. Flew more stable than it is portrayed online, very similar to a focus. Less stable than a wizard.

I didn't throw the fugitive but my friend said it was yet another fantastic straight flying midrange on the market.

The escape turned a little and flew very nicely. This disc impressed me and is a good competitor for the 'speed 9-10' fast-control driver category with the saint, stag, pdfreak, avenger, volt, shock, trak, ascent, etc. The clear and opaque lucid are both extremely similar in feel to opto or cryztal; pretty flexy and slick.

The lucid trespass also impressed me but suprised me more. I expected a big bad destroyer but when we threw a few of them they all turned a lot more and faded less than any new star destroyer or even wraith we have thrown. We carefully measured the rim diameters of a ton of discs with calipers at the store and the results:

Force (highest PLHs of these 2), Destroyer: all specimens tightly fit in 2.25-2.3 range
Wraith, Surge (highest PLHs of these 3), Tresspass: all specimens again tightly fit in the ~2.1-2.15 range
which overall does not match the pdga chart very well

Regardless it is a stable, forgiving disc that glides for days, and has big distance potential if you throw at least 350' average golf throws.

Last edited:
The judge had about the same flex as soft x. Lower profile rounded-bullet nose than a wizard, but really pronounced broad bead. Very comfortable. Flew more stable than it is portrayed online, very similar to a focus. Less stable than a wizard.

I didn't throw the fugitive but my friend said it was yet another fantastic straight flying midrange on the market.

The escape turned a little and flew very nicely. This disc impressed me and is a good competitor for the 'speed 9-10' fast-control driver category with the saint, stag, pdfreak, avenger, volt, shock, trak, ascent, etc. The clear and opaque lucid are both extremely similar in feel to opto or cryztal; pretty flexy and slick.

The lucid trespass also impressed me but suprised me more. I expected a big bad destroyer but when we threw a few of them they all turned a lot more and faded less than any new star destroyer or even wraith we have thrown. We carefully measured the rim diameters of a ton of discs with calipers at the store and the results:

Force (highest PLHs of these 2), Destroyer: all specimens tightly fit in 2.25-2.3 range
Wraith, Surge (highest PLHs of these 3), Tresspass: all specimens again tightly fit in the ~2.1-2.15 range
which overall does not match the pdga chart very well

Regardless it is a stable, forgiving disc that glides for days, and has big distance potential if you throw at least 350' average golf throws.

Out of curiosity, what weight were the trespasses? I've found that my 171 is more like a sword (a touch of turn) whereas my 176 is pretty destroyer like (i.e. virtually no turn unless a headwind for my arm speed).

I took my new 173G Lucid Trespass out to the CSUMB/Oaks (2011 Pro Worlds), it is a breakthrough in discs and replaces many drives that Destroyers, Bosses, etc would normally be slated for. Probably the easiest, straightest 400+ feet of any disc I have ever thrown. No break in period required, ready to go on the very first throw.

anyone have a comparison for Lucid and Biofuzion Trespasses?

I got confirmation from DD that the Judge will definitely be released in Lucid, I am looking forward to that.

anyone have a comparison for Lucid and Biofuzion Trespasses?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80270

To shorten that up for what you asked I've found very little difference between my lucid and biofuzion trespass. Other than a slightly softer and grippier feel in the BioFuzion. They fly identical to me. I enjoy the consistency and it's something I haven't even found in other Lat64 drivers like the Halo. They always seem to fly more stable in opto but these have pretty much the same high speed turn and fade across both plastics.

The best comparison I got is a Trespass flies like a Westside Sword with more fade. They also fly close to many destroyers.

SteezeOG, have you thrown a hysteria (DD)? That's a lot what it sounds like.

I got a couple each of the DD discs at the DD Challenge that is rolling through the South and came through Arkansas this weekend. The Trespass was quite overstable for me. The FR isn't as overstable as the production, but I still didn't get any turn from it in either Lucid or Biofusion plastic. I love the Escape. Slight turn and a lot of glide. I nearly went OB with it on a 400' hole where the OB is 30' behind the basket, but the disc got caught up in a pine tree and fell behind the basket. I'm not a fan of the Fugitive. I couldn't get it dialed in at all and most of the time it turned over on me. One guy on my card threw it very well on upshots though. The judge impressed me. It flew very nicely for me on upshots after I figured out how to range it. I got used to putting with it very quickly and nailed some great putts during the round to keep my score respectable even though my drives weren't always good because of using the new plastic.

One thing I couldn't do was get any kind of short anny to fly correctly, even with the Fugitive. I ended up throwing the Trespass FH on <300' right turning shots, and I actually did very well with that even though my FH isn't the best.

So, anyone else have the DD Challenge coming into town? I won ADV in North Little Rock. It was a very fun round learning the discs and only getting to throw those.

SteezeOG, have you thrown a hysteria (DD)? That's a lot what it sounds like.

I'd say it's pretty close. Trespass being maybe a little faster with more fade.

jongoff09-Are you a Buzzz thrower? Give the Fugitive another shot because I've seen a few people throw them with a little OAT and think it was the disc being understable for them but it doesn't handle that like a Buzzz will. If you've thrown a Comet or Fuse you'll know what I mean. I've seen guys who can snap that thing 400 feet on a dead straight line. It will glide and do the work for you but you have to put it on the right line first.

jongoff09-Are you a Buzzz thrower? Give the Fugitive another shot because I've seen a few people throw them with a little OAT and think it was the disc being understable for them but it doesn't handle that like a Buzzz will. If you've thrown a Comet or Fuse you'll know what I mean. I've seen guys who can snap that thing 400 feet on a dead straight line. It will glide and do the work for you but you have to put it on the right line first.

I throw Vector/Axis/Fuse combo (none of those handle oat well either). It was pretty windy, and I think I was just hoping it would fight the wind more than it did. I only got a couple of throws with it before the round, and didn't notice the flip, but I wasn't particularly thinking about wind condition at that time like I was during the round.

I can see the glide it has, so I believe 400' no problem. I've thrown the Fuse and Axis 380' before. I'll take it on a calm day and see what it can do. I was too busy yesterday to do much after the round. Hopefully I will feel like doing some field work tomorrow morning after work.

I throw Vector/Axis/Fuse combo (none of those handle oat well either). It was pretty windy, and I think I was just hoping it would fight the wind more than it did. I only got a couple of throws with it before the round, and didn't notice the flip, but I wasn't particularly thinking about wind condition at that time like I was during the round.

I can see the glide it has, so I believe 400' no problem. I've thrown the Fuse and Axis 380' before. I'll take it on a calm day and see what it can do. I was too busy yesterday to do much after the round. Hopefully I will feel like doing some field work tomorrow morning after work.

Ah yeah in a headwind it's going to turn. I think you'll see an OS mid from DD soon. Congrats on the tourney win. Keep us updated on your feedback with the discs. The people at DD are interested in your feedback and read the forum.

I do have to say, Innova's Champion and Star plastic and Discraft's Z and ESP plastic just doesn't feel as good after throwing DD/Lat64 plastic

Latest posts