• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80270

To shorten that up for what you asked I've found very little difference between my lucid and biofuzion trespass. Other than a slightly softer and grippier feel in the BioFuzion. They fly identical to me. I enjoy the consistency and it's something I haven't even found in other Lat64 drivers like the Halo. They always seem to fly more stable in opto but these have pretty much the same high speed turn and fade across both plastics.

The best comparison I got is a Trespass flies like a Westside Sword with more fade. They also fly close to many destroyers.

awesome thank you. i was hoping they would fly the same/similar. the GL/Opto difference had me leery of giving it a go. my Lucid ones are getting so cold and stiff i am not getting good rips. ill have to pick up a biofuzion.

I went out and played my first round with my new Dynamic Discs. I was trying something different by playing with a bag of discs that I never or rarely throw. Here is my experience:

Escape: This disc is in competition to replace my OLFs. I currently have a 172 blue/grey BioFusion and 168 Pink Lucid. These discs reminded me of why I liked the OLF over the PD. I also prefer the Eagle over the Teebird. I like a little turn in my throw. I would say that the Escape is more like a C-PD (especially the plus rim version) than OLF. It flies straight with a healthy fade. I would even compare it to my beat to crap ESP Predators. My 1.2 OLFs have a little more turn and a more abrupt fade at the end. I plan on doing more testing but I may prefer my OLFs.

Fugitive: This disc was my favorite out of the three DD discs that I tried out. I have a 175 blue/green BioFusion. I pared it with my 175 Pain and my 173 Meteor (my standard line up is Hornet/Buzzz/Meteor). This disc is straight and has a little less fade than my Buzzz. Distance wise I think they are close. I feel that this disc does a little better when powered down. I will probably keep this in the bag for a while.

Judge: I love the shape of the disc in hand but I am not sold on the soft rubber plastic. I have a 175 black in the Soft classic. I was not putting very good today but I did hit some 20 footers with the Judge. I don't know if I like it better than my Wizards, most of my Wizards are the not-so-overstable variety so they putt about the same. I did not attempt to drive today since most of the short holes were facing a brisk wind. If I can learn to like the plastic and it proves to be straighter than my Wizards it may make the bag as a compliment. I am also testing an Anode/Ion combo.

Last year the majority of my bag stayed the same but my overstable distance/fairway driver was changing constantly. Predators overlapped my OLFs. Firebirds were great but sometimes I wanted something with more distance, so I would throw in a PD2. To simplify my bag I have started throwing a Villian which I feel bridges the gap between a Firebird and a PD2. But this created the problem with overlapping my OLFs. I am hoping that replacing my OLF with the Escape is the answer. We shall see.

I went out and played my first round with my new Dynamic Discs. I was trying something different by playing with a bag of discs that I never or rarely throw. Here is my experience:

Escape: This disc is in competition to replace my OLFs. I currently have a 172 blue/grey BioFusion and 168 Pink Lucid. These discs reminded me of why I liked the OLF over the PD. I also prefer the Eagle over the Teebird. I like a little turn in my throw. I would say that the Escape is more like a C-PD (especially the plus rim version) than OLF. It flies straight with a healthy fade. I would even compare it to my beat to crap ESP Predators. My 1.2 OLFs have a little more turn and a more abrupt fade at the end. I plan on doing more testing but I may prefer my OLFs.

Fugitive: This disc was my favorite out of the three DD discs that I tried out. I have a 175 blue/green BioFusion. I pared it with my 175 Pain and my 173 Meteor (my standard line up is Hornet/Buzzz/Meteor). This disc is straight and has a little less fade than my Buzzz. Distance wise I think they are close. I feel that this disc does a little better when powered down. I will probably keep this in the bag for a while.

Judge: I love the shape of the disc in hand but I am not sold on the soft rubber plastic. I have a 175 black in the Soft classic. I was not putting very good today but I did hit some 20 footers with the Judge. I don't know if I like it better than my Wizards, most of my Wizards are the not-so-overstable variety so they putt about the same. I did not attempt to drive today since most of the short holes were facing a brisk wind. If I can learn to like the plastic and it proves to be straighter than my Wizards it may make the bag as a compliment. I am also testing an Anode/Ion combo.

Last year the majority of my bag stayed the same but my overstable distance/fairway driver was changing constantly. Predators overlapped my OLFs. Firebirds were great but sometimes I wanted something with more distance, so I would throw in a PD2. To simplify my bag I have started throwing a Villian which I feel bridges the gap between a Firebird and a PD2. But this created the problem with overlapping my OLFs. I am hoping that replacing my OLF with the Escape is the answer. We shall see.

Good stuff man, that's the same color of BioFuzion Escape I have. If you throw the higher speed drivers give the Trespass a shot. It's got a fast rim but not too thick. Feels good in the hand. I'm looking forward to getting a firm Judge. They're exactly the mold I want in a putter just haven't released in the plastic I need yet.

Thanks for the advice. I thought about giving the Trespass a try but I am still in a year long honeymoon with my Q-Astra. I am trying a lot of things right now. The fact that my OLFs and XLs are out of the bag is a big deal, so maybe I should give it a try.

I was able to get a few field throws in today. Besides the 20-25 mph wind it was a pretty nice evening.

I threw about ten drives with the Judge and was very impressed. I was throwing it alongside the Anode and flights were almost identical. The Judge had a very little fade and has a healthy amount of high speed stability, just like the Anode. In fact they were landing within 10 feet of each other.

I had similar results as before with the Escape but I did take notice of how well it fought a headwind. I still see the C-PD comparison to be accurate. I am interested in how it will beat in.

The Fugitive is my favorite so far. I think it is more resistant to turn than the Buzzz, especially in a headwind. It is definitely a straight disc. I don't think is has the speed or distance potential of a Buzzz but I think it is more predictable (the Buzzz is pretty darn predictable in itself).

Since adding the Escape to my bag I have shot my highest rated tournament rounds, a 960 and a 953. The funny thing is, I am currently rated 850.

A good source told me the Fusion plastic will be nice and swirly pearly like the older lat64 Gold line plastic.

I got to finally throw my RL Trespass, and I was very impressed.

It was a bit windy out but it was nice enough to do some field testing. Overall, I was super impressed with my 171g Orange Trespass. I was releasing with a slight anhyzer and it was flipping back and going dead nuts straight around 400 ft. This is not the same disc as my Sword. Of course, my Sword is 169g in the Opto plastic.

I felt the Trespass held a nice straight line, and it was super consistent in both a tailwind and throwing into a headwind. I wish the color wasn't so dull though. Mine is like a burnt orange.

Still, a great addition to my bag and possibly my new favorite driver. :thmbup:

In case anyone was curious like I was about the possible future molds from DD:

Rusco told me they would be doing a tweener mid/putter that is very much like a Zone. A nice flat low profile beadless OS tweener. I figured that would be coming since their sponsored players and many other players are using the Zone as a mid and utility disc. It's been a few days and my memory is shot but I think he said they wanted to put it out for the GBO player's pack. Also they hope to have everything run in the classic baseline plastic, the fusion plastic will be swirly like the older gold line, and that the BioFuzion would only be ran limited when there were sufficient amounts of the material. He told me although they'd love to do another four molds released at once and that these were very successful it would be done one at a time for the foreseeable future. It was all very encouraging and exciting for a person like me who loves the Lat64 plastic and where DD is taking their place in the sport.

Rusco told me they would be doing a tweener mid/putter that is very much like a Zone. A nice flat low profile beadless OS tweener.

Great. Yet another mold I'm going to have to try. I need to stop reading the forums, or I'm going to be eating ramen the rest of my life.

This morning, a buddy of mine wanted to check out the DD discs that I had, and I gave him a brief description of what I found them to fly like before letting him throw them each. I expected the Trespass to be extremely overstable for him since it was for me and he doesn't quite have the arm I do. I went ahead and gave the biofusion Trespass a toss to show him how overstable it is for me, and to my surprise the disc went dead straight with even a hint of turn. My buddy then gave the lucid one a throw and it did pretty much the same for him. The rest of the discs flew the same way as when I last posted in this thread.

It was about 20° warmer than the last time I threw these discs, but I didn't expect that much difference in flight of the Trespass because I didn't notice a difference in flight with my other discs. Maybe the flashing got rubbed out? I don't know why the disc flew like that when it was so overstable last week.

I like this flight. I will give it a shot for a spot in my bag if it stays like that.

I've had two Lucid Trespasses bagged since release and have loved them. I finally managed to get my hands on a BioFuzion Trespass as well. Very cool purple color. Looks like one of the recycled plastics that make it up was an Opto Sparkle disc as it has glitter in it.

I definitely like the grip of it and it was every bit as stable as my other trespasses. I like this BioFuzion as a nice mix of the grip of GL but the stability of Opto. It's a shame that there won't be just a ton of this plastic out there.

Ive now thrown the Trespass and Escape and I think both are good discs. The Trespass reminds me a lot of a Force/Destroyer with the same speed and pretty much same flight characteristics. The only reason I wouldnt replace them with this disc is because the rim feels a little shallower and I have big fingers that just dont fit "right". The Escape on the other hand has become one of my favorite new Fairway drivers along with the Volt. It has has a ton of glide, is fast, straight, with a predictable fade. It is also better in windy condtions then my old TL's were and it has quickly made its way into my bag. My overall impressions of the DD is that they know what they are doing when designing discs and do a wonderful job with R&D, as opposed to Prodigy that just threw a bunch of drivers out with little experience or know how at all.

Ive now thrown the Trespass and Escape and I think both are good discs. The Trespass reminds me a lot of a Force/Destroyer with the same speed and pretty much same flight characteristics. The only reason I wouldnt replace them with this disc is because the rim feels a little shallower and I have big fingers that just dont fit "right". The Escape on the other hand has become one of my favorite new Fairway drivers along with the Volt. It has has a ton of glide, is fast, straight, with a predictable fade. It is also better in windy condtions then my old TL's were and it has quickly made its way into my bag. My overall impressions of the DD is that they know what they are doing when designing discs and do a wonderful job with R&D, as opposed to Prodigy that just threw a bunch of drivers out with little experience or know how at all.

Well it certainly helps when you've got Latitude helping design and produce your discs.

So far, I like every DD disc I've thrown. They haven't all made the bag because I have other things that fly similarly, but they are all solid items.

Just to get everyone's hopes up and stir up a little buzz I have a feeling that when I pick up a dyemax fusion fugitive later today (unreleased yet not the bioFuzion, so I can give an opinion on that) I will also be able to get my hands on some Classic (firm) Judges. I'm planning on bagging one for slower break in just from regular putting and to torture test another. Simulating six months or a year of hard use in a single afternoon. I've been waiting for these the day I felt the classic soft ones.

Anyone who was at Disc Nation while Emac was there signing the ones he had should be able to get the Fuzion plastic. If you went and have thrown them let's hear some opinions.

Last edited:
I saw on the facetubes that EMac will have some Fuzion Judges at his/Paige's tourney at Selah this weekend...
And last weekend, I got to try out the Classic Judges (not soft) and they feel great. Kinda more like a KCPro Aviar plastic than the EZE/TM2.

I saw on the facetubes that EMac will have some Fuzion Judges at his/Paige's tourney at Selah this weekend...
And last weekend, I got to try out the Classic Judges (not soft) and they feel great. Kinda more like a KCPro Aviar plastic than the EZE/TM2.

That's awesome, where did you get to try the classic judges? I'm jealous. They were shipped from across the ocean but haven't arrived yet is the word.

So....no classic judge torture test yet but the dyemax fusion fugitive changed to a fusion judge so I do have that to try. First impression is great grip not too soft but not overly firm. Like the gold line Pures. The main difference I can tell from these and the classic soft though are a slight dome. We'll see how that changes the flight if at all. I'll post a profile pic tomorrow or tonight.

That's awesome, where did you get to try the classic judges? I'm jealous. They were shipped from across the ocean but haven't arrived yet is the word.

So....no classic judge torture test yet but the dyemax fusion fugitive changed to a fusion judge so I do have that to try. First impression is great grip not too soft but not overly firm. Like the gold line Pures. The main difference I can tell from these and the classic soft though are a slight dome. We'll see how that changes the flight if at all. I'll post a profile pic tomorrow or tonight.

They're here. A local pro (not sure if I should name names - I'm not usually the one privy to this kind of info) had one at a DD Challenge up at Shawshank. They're nice!

I heard that the Fuzion Judges were pretty OS compared to the soft ones. What did you think?

They're here. A local pro (not sure if I should name names - I'm not usually the one privy to this kind of info) had one at a DD Challenge up at Shawshank. They're nice!

I heard that the Fuzion Judges were pretty OS compared to the soft ones. What did you think?

Was it a proto or something recent? You said like KC pro though so it is probably the most recent. That's cool I'm heading down there in a few hours to see if they got some to try out.

Yeah the Fuzion Judge is an amazing driving putter I think. Holds a great hyzer line and quite a bit more stable than the soft. I have never actually had a putter so good off the tee and I've used Focus, Wizards, Aviars, Ions, and Opto Pure. Has a slight dome, added stability, the bead, and a shallow profile. Perfect ingredients for a driving putter to me. :clap:

Latest posts