• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

Soooo, why now Will?? Why did you let this trolling go on for so long?? Why did you not defend your wife and marriage sooner if you were so disgusted?? This trolling is nothing new, and has been going on for quite some time now.

If an end is what you seek, then let's end this talk and this thread once and for all...

Will has peaked. End of story.

/thread

Maybe cause it's none of our business?

I pm'd him a while back and never got an answer. It's just concerning when members just vanish. Like grodney, too. I always worry in the back of my mind.

Grodney comes back on occasion. After the DISCussion site closed, I didn't post for about five years.

Pizza God, a regular on the DISCussion board, posts reviews. If he's here, it's under a different name.

One of the things that bugs the crap out of me about social media is the pressure it puts on people to defend their lives and their existence. Studies show that the major social media sites lead to huge levels of depression and angst. If you have teenagers, this should be of particular concerns. "Screenager," details just how much these things mess up kids.

While I thank Will for his post and am amazed at his character, I wish he didn't feel it was necessary.

While I thank Will for his post and am amazed at his character, I wish he didn't feel it was necessary.

Agreed. As the op of this post, I feel bad at some of the negativity of the thread, my original thought process was to also get a feeling of peak performance at the open level and it's relation to age. But we now see master's age players doing well in open, several open players are well into their 30's, etc, etc. So I'm not sure what age might be considered peak time in disc golf, maybe 30-35?

Will is only 25, wow.. he has plenty of time to re-claim his spot near or at the top of disc golf. Looking forward to see how he progresses the next couple of years.

Guess that makes this thread/whole freaking discussion board a bunch of ahole trolls. There should be no reason Will has to send that statement out unless he felt threatened by internet trolls. Those that can't do, troll.

Agreed. As the op of this post, I feel bad at some of the negativity of the thread, my original thought process was to also get a feeling of peak performance at the open level and it's relation to age. But we now see master's age players doing well in open, several open players are well into their 30's, etc, etc. So I'm not sure what age might be considered peak time in disc golf, maybe 30-35?

Will is only 25, wow.. he has plenty of time to re-claim his spot near or at the top of disc golf. Looking forward to see how he progresses the next couple of years.

If you look at the age of the last 10 MPO World Champions:

Year Name Age
2007 Nate Doss - 22
2008 David Feldberg - 31
2009 Avery Jenkins - 31
2010 Eric McCabe - 33
2011 Nate Doss - 26
2012 Paul McBeth - 21
2013 Paul McBeth - 22
2014 Paul McBeth - 23
2015 Paul McBeth - 24
2016 Ricky Wysocki - 23

Average age is 25.6.

I have no problem with your support of Will. I wish more of us, myself included, thought more about the people we post about. Clearly, you were.

I haven't said this yet, but wouldn't it be friggin' awesome if Will came back. Think of the competition next year, or end of this year? Holy Cowabunga Batman. Four players cutting it up at the end of the season.

On the other hand, we will get threads entitled, Will Will beat Anthon? and other tripe. Sigh.

Guess that makes this thread/whole freaking discussion board a bunch of ahole trolls. There should be no reason Will has to send that statement out unless he felt threatened by internet trolls. Those that can't do, troll.

I don't know, doesn't it depend on your approach and intent? The OP wrote in support of Will making a come back. That's good for Will and for the sport. I hope like heck he does.

Year Name Age
2007 Nate Doss - 22
2008 David Feldberg - 31
2009 Avery Jenkins - 31
2010 Eric McCabe - 33
2011 Nate Doss - 26
2012 Paul McBeth - 21
2013 Paul McBeth - 22
2014 Paul McBeth - 23
2015 Paul McBeth - 24
2016 Ricky Wysocki - 23

Average age is 25.6.

So, you're telling me at 56 that I'm not gonna win Worlds? Dang!

Honey, I can't quit my job. Yeah, I know what I said.

To be fair some of us weren't actually trolling him on the marriage thing.

Just having some fun with it.

Many of us are also married or in long-term relationships.

Public figures sometimes need to have a tougher exterior.

Un-related to his game, I was always curious about his neck...His statement cleared that up for me. "cystic acne" Sounds bad. I always assumed it was a burn of some sort.

I've always loved watching Will though, and I look forward to seeing him back on top

Year Name Age
2007 Nate Doss - 22
2008 David Feldberg - 31
2009 Avery Jenkins - 31
2010 Eric McCabe - 33
2011 Nate Doss - 26
2012 Paul McBeth - 21
2013 Paul McBeth - 22
2014 Paul McBeth - 23
2015 Paul McBeth - 24
2016 Ricky Wysocki - 23

Average age is 25.6.

Perhaps 30-35 is not quite the peak, but advancements in the tech (both in plastic and body mechanics training / knowlege) are advancing quickly enough that I think we're going to see Paul, Ricky and others in contention well into their 30's. Really..the only major difference I see between the 30-40+ year old player compared to younger players is probably 100ft of distance off the tee (when throwing golf lines). And as Cam Todd winning GBO and others have shown, that can be made up with accurate upshots and putting.

Perhaps 30-35 is not quite the peak, but advancements in the tech (both in plastic and body mechanics training / knowlege) are advancing quickly enough that I think we're going to see Paul, Ricky and others in contention well into their 30's. Really..the only major difference I see between the 30-40+ year old player compared to younger players is probably 100ft of distance off the tee (when throwing golf lines). And as Cam Todd winning GBO and others have shown, that can be made up with accurate upshots and putting.

Being able to contend and being at a peak are very different. As evidenced by some of the sub 20 year olds that are already in the top 25 or so (McMahon, Barela, Turner) there will continue to be more and more young talent in the game.

To be fair some of us weren't actually trolling him on the marriage thing.

Just having some fun with it.

Many of us are also married or in long-term relationships.

Public figures sometimes need to have a tougher exterior.

While I think this is absolutely correct, many take the fun out of it by clearly believing it's true. I've read posts poking fun, and then seen others take them and treat them as a serious thing.

Thick skin or not, our culture treats men and women very differently. Pay, job access, violent crime, political positions. You name it. That means I'm willing to tolerate guys like Will standing up for their wives, even it they should just have a thick skin. I personally believe that if all of us do that consistently, some of our cultural problems regarding men vs women will go away.

Being able to contend and being at a peak are very different. As evidenced by some of the sub 20 year olds that are already in the top 25 or so (McMahon, Barela, Turner) there will continue to be more and more young talent in the game.

I wonder if we aren't in a transition period? This brief period where a 30 to 40 year old can still compete may be a thing of the past in ten years. When I started, the number of guys playing at an accomplished level who started when they were pre-teen was literally zero. But there were a lot of guys with their kids out in the park. I suspect as those kids increasingly come into the game, it will be harder and harder for someone who is over 35 to have an impact. And just like in any other sport, even the number of 30 year olds who can win at the top level might fall off. Yes, good training will extend careers, but I suspect the trend will be towards youth.

Right now there are four or five players under 18 who are tearing it up. Those are just the ones I know about.

Anthony B.
Peter M.
Ian M.
Cam T. .... Oh wait.

Not to mention the 14 year old girl in the Kansas Chumps vs Champs who drove the basket low and hard.

There is a 13/14 yr old kid that lives in the Cincy area, I don't think he is even 5ft tall yet, and he already has several 950+ rounds(920 rated overall). He can throw with both hands and has a killer spin put out to 70ish ft. He threw a 971, the hot round in Adv, at a ctier over this past weekend.

I think ANY of the top 30 or so disc golf players could win just about any tournament at any time against any player. After all there is dynamic physics at play and a degree of luck as well.

I guess my idea of peaking in disc golf, is getting to certain level and staying there for quite some time. Sure they're not going to win every tournament, but to be in contention, at several major / nt's, year after year. I see McBeth, Wysocki, and others being able to do that for a very long time still.

I wonder if we aren't in a transition period? This brief period where a 30 to 40 year old can still compete may be a thing of the past in ten years. When I started, the number of guys playing at an accomplished level who started when they were pre-teen was literally zero. But there were a lot of guys with their kids out in the park. I suspect as those kids increasingly come into the game, it will be harder and harder for someone who is over 35 to have an impact. And just like in any other sport, even the number of 30 year olds who can win at the top level might fall off. Yes, good training will extend careers, but I suspect the trend will be towards youth.

Right now there are four or five players under 18 who are tearing it up. Those are just the ones I know about.

Anthony B.
Peter M.
Ian M.
Cam T. .... Oh wait.

Not to mention the 14 year old girl in the Kansas Chumps vs Champs who drove the basket low and hard.

Good post. lol.. :) If the trend continues to a longer more wide open game, the mpo division will get younger and younger year after year. I'm hoping this long game hyzer fest fizzles out and over time and the more technical courses become the norm. But for now..we are for sure in the era of the Eagle, and everyone wants to fly.

Good post. lol.. :) If the trend continues to a longer more wide open game, the mpo division will get younger and younger year after year. I'm hoping this long game hyzer fest fizzles out and over time and the more technical courses become the norm. But for now..we are for sure in the era of the Eagle, and everyone wants to fly.

I do not see top level competition going any way but towards more hyzer fests. Event organizers are all about the views and ability for fans to follow cards.
The future (next 20 years) is the Utah Open and Ledgestone - 4 rounds out in the field.

Latest posts