• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far are you from a course/field?

How far are you from a DG course

• Total voters
I can walk out my back door and throw a Buzzz to the first tee of the closest course. Well, if we took down a couple trees to clear the line, I could get a Buzzz there. Probably can get there with a Destroyer spike hyzered over the trees. It's a touch over 300 feet.

HUMBOLDT COUNTY

well at humboldt state university- there is a course in the back yard, then of course numerous fields one can practice on

within a 20 mile radius there are 8 courses atleast (couple courses are secret), but still 6 permanent courses within a small area is awesome for variety and if ones busy just move onto the next

there is a nice field next to my office. I test a lot of plastic there on my breaks. I have 7 courses within 40 min. 4 of which are good. Timmons, Easley,Va Du Mar, and Grand Central Station.

a 2 minute walk away from my practice field, and about a 2 minute drive to my local course. Even better, at work I'm within spitting distrance of at least three fields, and a less than 5 minute drive from another course!

A 10 acre field and park resides right across my cul-de-sac, and I have two really solid courses within .5 miles of my house.

My place is marked out in blue, and the two courses are circled in red...

Attachments

• 1361984325646.jpg
    1361984325646.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 18
Field: Right out my back door
Passable Course: 5-6 min drive.
Good Course: At my work (or 10-12 min drive).

I've got Tyler State Park within a 5 minute drive...play as often as I can get out there. I also have Tinicum, Nocky and Sedgely within a 30-40 minute drive. I also have some private courses in New Jersey that are 35 minutes away. If I feel like being adventerous within an hour to an hour and a half I have all of Lehigh Valley to play and all of Delaware.

I feel lucky to have a park w/ a baseball field, 345' to center, right across the street from my back gate. Really good 9 holes were put in at William Jewell this last summer, about 10 minutes away. Another 18 should be going in at a great park 10-15 minutes the other direction this summer. :clap: Can't wait.

Situated where I am, I'm very lucky to be about 15-20 minutes away from the monster at Blue Valley to the south, Waterworks to the southwest or Smithville Lake to the northeast w/ 3 separate 18 hole layouts. Half an hour to 45 minutes to get to any of the great courses we have in KC, most of which are well worth the ride... depending on what my dog has been eating and her proximity to my face from the back seat.

Last edited:
From a course, 30 mins. From wide open athletic fields, open fields with rolling hills, and areas with trees, 30 seconds.

Right now I'm a 4 min drive from my course, but in the summer my camper is about 100ft from tee #16.

Hey post 100! So that's how you become a "par" member!

My buddy has Deerfield park literally in his back yard. Tee #11 is about 300 feet from his front door. Another buddy has Burchfield park in his backyard... And the 4 closest courses to me are all ~30 mins away. Grrrrrrr. Can I move in with anyone that has a 5 min walk or less to their dg course?