• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this how it is -- taunting over found discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police report it. At the VERY least make sure this POS knows you have his phone number and are reporting it.

BTW. I lost my first disc today. It's not the $$, it's the principle of the thing. Very frustrating. Mine could not have been 5 yards off the fairway. Looked for an hour. Maddening.

BTW. post this dudes phone number. WE will give him a few thousands texts.

I like the posting of the # idea we can make sure he doesn't do it again

A Cheetah isn't a bad disc for a beginner, though you might want to check out the Diamond from Latitude 64. It comes in very light weights and is pretty forgiving.
About that Dbag, he is the rarity even among the most casual of players. Sucks that happened to you though. Welcome to the site and welcome to the game. Glad you and your son found a game you can enjoy together.:)

I just always wonder why people think once they leave a disc behind and someone else finds it that the disc is still yours. Once you give up, technically its fair game; you walk away from the disc knowing that you gave up on it. YES the guy was a uber douche about how he approached the situation. Many friends of mine no longer put a # on it, just name and pdga. If you have a pdga # it means your part of the league scene and someone will get it back to ya. Just what I want is a "Hey this is Johnny, ya know with the green disc, green shirt and driving the green car while smoking the green stuff, just letting you know loser you can F off and the disc you lost is flying great for me so pi$$ off"

what was the guys number that called you about the disc? ill be more than happy to give him a call every night on my way to night shift at 2am

It is very rare for something this bad to happen. It really makes me sick when I hear stories like this. Just the other day I was warming up on the first hole at my local course and just barely through it OB onto the driveway into the park, and while I was walking up the fairway grabbing the couple discs I threw, I saw a car stop a guy get out grab my disc and drive away. Looking at me as he drove away :mad:

It is unfortunate when this happens, and I am still upset about what happened to me, but just know that in any sport out there, there are gonna be some jerks, but the majority of disc golfers are good people who are just trying to relax and enjoy there day out on the course. Don't give up on the sport because some jerk is a piece of garbage.

OP, I'm sorry to hear that your 10 year old had to experience that side of disc golf. Since I've been on this site I've read where others have experienced this same situation. Hang around here for awhile or read one of the many, "Do you return lost discs?" threads and you'll be amazed at how many people find it beyond themselves to practice the selfless act of returning a disc to its original owner.

Hate to sound cruel but more times than not you won't get your discs back and if they are offered back to you they will not be free.

This is the ugly truth.

I have a feeling the person taunting you is a rebellious teenager.

That's a very stereotypical statement....I know plenty of adults that are immature & do s**t like this.

To the OP, I'm actually in a league at the very course your talking about (Abendschein Oak Creek, WI). It's ever Tuesday at 6pm. There's varying ages from 6 year olds to 60 year olds & I promise you none of them act like this. It's a great place to learn about disc golf & meet new people. The guy who runs it is "The Disc Golf Guy" (he has his own youtube channel) on youtube & he is a really cool dude. I feel really bad about what happened to you & your son, I hope it all works out for you. If you need any info on any local tourneys or leagues, I can help you out in that area or if you just wanna play a round in general, send me a pm. If I ever run into you & your son I'd be happy to give you a disc, I hope this bad experience doesn't lead you away from disc golf, this is a rare occurrence. Karma will catch up with him.

I would definitely notify the police, this guy is ridiculous. Not only does this behavior display a complete lack of class and intelligence, but it is also in no way consistent with 99% of the rest of the DG community. I don't know why people take discs without calling numbers, but why in the world would anyone leave their phone number while informing you that you're being robbed?? This is a new level of jackassery, I'm sorry that this happened to you and your son.

Don't want to hijack the thread at all, just want to address a comment from earlier:

This isn't about being a teenager or a young person. I'm not advocating it's use, but this isn't about those who smoke pot. This isn't about those who throw Grooves..
This is about cruel and perfidious people, behaving criminally. They come in all ages, shapes and sizes, please keep the pitchforks at bay and remember some people just suck in this world.

Last edited:
Mountain outta molehill here kids. Life's funny sometimes so just laugh at it. Cheetahs are cheap, so I think the lesson to learn here is to always buy your DX discs in pairs. Pick up a couple replacements and play on.

This isn't about being a teenager or a young person. I'm not advocating it's use, but this isn't about those who smoke pot. This isn't about those who throw Grooves..
This is about cruel and perfidious people, behaving criminally. They come in all ages, shapes and sizes, please keep the pitchforks at bay and remember some people just suck in this world.

:clap::hfive::thmbup: I agree 100%...except maybe the Groove comment :D

About 10 minutes later, I got a text message. It's a photo of the disc and a message: "Finder's Keepers" and a smiley face. My son was really excited someone found it while we were still at the course. However, in the proceeding exchange of texts, it quickly became apparent that the person really did mean "finder's keepers." Long and short of the story: He was just taunting us with the photo. His final text to me was: "If you want ethics or respect, play golf. Welcome to the club."
Well, if he's going to act that way, I'd say the scorched earth approach is plenty justified from here on out.

Mountain outta molehill here kids. Life's funny sometimes so just laugh at it. Cheetahs are cheap, so I think the lesson to learn here is to always buy your DX discs in pairs. Pick up a couple replacements and play on.

Pretty sure it's not about the disc. It's about newcomers to the sport having an experience that would make even a veteran disgusted.

Post his #, or at least give it to locals to see if you can find out who it is.

OP, I'm sorry to hear that your 10 year old had to experience that side of disc golf. Since I've been on this site I've read where others have experienced this same situation. Hang around here for awhile or read one of the many, "Do you return lost discs?" threads and you'll be amazed at how many people find it beyond themselves to practice the selfless act of returning a disc to its original owner.

This is the ugly truth.

I've actually found a guys disc, asked him if he cared about it. He said not really but he will sell it to me. I was like wut? I'm not paying for a disc I found. He finally decided to drop the price, told him I still wasn't interested. He finally said I could keep it. I was so baffled at his response.

To OP: this might help the mood. My brother lost his premiere villain 2 days ago, someone found it and returned it. That's not the best part. The person who found it is a kid at a summer recreational program. The teacher, said the right thing to do is to return it. They Did, when my brother arrived, the kids looked sad cause they wanted to play with it. He told them, he would be right back. He went to the car, grabbed a disc for each of the kids (tried to pick bright colored beginner discs), he gave the teacher 16 slightly used discs varying plastics and brands. Most of which were bright premium plastic discs. I was pretty proud of him.

Anyways, that guy is a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts