• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Cannon Review Thread

grip is deep, yellow unstamped are more overstable, I sold those. those were a special batch of more flexible icon plastic. I seem to be liking these discs more and more. I throw the blue for pure distance and the yellow when I have a head wind. There great and durable so far. I heard of an ace on hole 1 at the canyon course at hornings hideout. I bombed it forever yesterday while I was in San Jose. I do have one Pinnacle one, but there was only 20 of those made. They are more stable.

i threw the cannon a few times yesterday and it flew great....fast disc worked really well....i'll have to try it out against destroyers but so far so good.

So how does it's flight path compare to the nuke ss?

and how about the difference in the plastic types? Icon vs pinnacle.

Just picked up a cannon and rampage in pinnacle with my winnings yesterday, can't wait to test them out.

I have some blanks and double stamp grinders.

I don't know whats up with the private messages.

I haven't really gotten back to you since I bought that 8 disc package back in Dec. I chose to throw the blue fr cannon and the thing has replaced many of the discs I have previously thrown.
Anyway how do this black/grey ones throw compared to the fr blues?
How many do you have for sale.
What are the prices for multiple?

still loving throwing the cannon. it's my favorite max D disc. it's got enough understability that i can throw it high and flat, it'll turn and then fade back forward instead of burning into the ground. i use it a lot to throw over hills, downhill, or wide open when i have the height to let it fly. i probably use it 2 to 5 times per round as long as the wind isn't too bad. headwinds and crosswinds will cause a lot of problems but tailwinds can make for a long flight. I prefer the icon plastic, close to max weight.

great disc for a high s-curve shot.

I recently picked up a Rampage and a Cannon... now maybe it's the plastic, but my cannon is WAY overstable, even compared to the rampage. Seems pretty weird to me. I thought the cannon would fly like a faster katana, but that hasn't been the case for me at all. Has anyone else had this?

P.S. absolutely love the Rampage

is the Cannon in Pinnacle plastic? All discs in pinnacle plastic come out more stable. If you ever try a Cannon again, get a Icon cannon in white, blue or red. I throw a white and it does all I ask and more.

I recently picked up a Rampage and a Cannon... now maybe it's the plastic, but my cannon is WAY overstable, even compared to the rampage. Seems pretty weird to me. I thought the cannon would fly like a faster katana, but that hasn't been the case for me at all. Has anyone else had this?

P.S. absolutely love the Rampage

Ive got 2 Icon edition Cannons 174g's and love them for a few different types of shots. I like them for downhill hyzers and more open 400ft + shots that finish right (LHBH). I'd have to say their speed is the best attribute.

I do play at 7000ft so everything is more overstable, but these mo fo's are super fast out of your hand and easily add distance to your throw.

I got another ace with the Cannon at my local course this last weekend!! Thats 8 aces this year alone throwing Legacy Discs!!! The Cannon and Rampage are the 2 best distance drivers I have ever thrown. I'm never going to need any other drivers ever again, well as long as I have Legacy Discs in the bag!!
I now carry 6 Legacy discs, 3 Rampages and 3 Cannons in different plastics. This allows me to have headwind and tailwind discs...nuf said.

i got several of the pinnacle cannons in purple. i love em, theyre pretty stable compared to what the ratings are but i dig em. i ditched my destroyers and vulcans for these. the new ones are stable enough for me to throw in a headwind and the beat ones are similar to a vulcan so i was able to replace those and get to just one driver mold. makes me wanna try more legacy plastic!

I here that pinnacle cannons were ready today in weights as low as 167g. Thats the word on the street.

I'm really happy with the Icon plastic (cannon). It takes hits well, shows very little damage. I feel like I have put a lot of shots on it and it's held at the sweet spot forever. The white and red I have are pretty similar. Purple is a little flippier.

I personally throw the white cannons and I am extremely happy with them. Big bomber for sure.

Yep, I carry the red. I either throw it flat and high, letting it turn right as it falls and fade back at the end. Or on a lower line with hyzer and let it flatten out. It can fly both lines extremely well, tall s-curve and low straight line.

First off I'm impressed with what I've read in this thread. Very insightful comments, questions, and answers.

For my max distance drives I'm a RHFH (single finger under the rim) low level (<10-15 ft max height) driver and play heavily wooded hilly courses with mostly short (<300') holes. Earlier this year I picked up a Salmon colored Pinnacle Edition Cannon 174 g.

Prior to picking up this beast my max distance (while playing a round) was around 320-340' with a Star Wraith. After a few rounds with the Cannon I've been able to consistently hit 320'+ with a several shots over 350. It's an amazing disc and has replaced my Wraith for long FH drives. It holds a pretty solid line with a slight high speed turn (I aim at a tree trunk about 60-80 ft out and it will turn around it just in time.) I've used it a couple times on high anhyzer shots and it usually comes back nicely making a very bottom heavy "S" but I'm not quite comfortable for shorter hard FH anhyzers.

I can't say anything about RHBH because my arm/form are in the 260-280' range and it feels a little to ballzy for my shot.

1. Flight -- solid for line drive shots
2. glide -- holds nicely with minimum drop or rise in flight path during non windy situations... also on line drive shots.
3. if you threw it in wind -- No comment because I don't remember
4. durability -- Very durable. I have two of them now for if/when I lose one.
5. how it compares to other discs you throw -- For me it throws like a faster, larger, and more stable Wraith. This is probably due to me throwing discs that are a little faster than I need but the wide rim feels really natural in my FH grip.
6. like it or not -- I don't like it. I LOVE IT!!!!
7. distance you got -- 350+ on a course (I don't do field practice too often because it feels too open and weird compared to the courses I usually play)
8. how you threw it -- RHFH
9. any else that may apply -- All around I love this disc for relatively flat and on DGCR "short" shots (aka I can't throw a Nautical Mile even though I tell my lady friend that I could throw over that cloud/mountain/sky-scraper/etc...)

I really love the disc and will always have 1+ in my bag. Great disc IMO.

One caveat on my above thoughts. I always throw this 80-100% power usually with a "run-up" (actually a x-step walk up.) When I throw the Cannon hard it feels really comfortable but in conditions where running up is not an option I usually go back to the Wraith. I throw this about 4-5 times a round on my local course that I play often and always on holes at least 300' long.