• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mountain Meadows Disc Golf Park's "Magic Meadows" Grand Opening!!

[email protected]

Par Member
Mountain Meadows Disc Golf Park's "Magic Meadows" is having a grand opening this weekend. This DG park is going to be a family DG park with 3 courses - Melloow Meadows (beginner DG Course), Magic Meadows (intermediate DG course), and Mammoth Meadows (advanced/Pro DG Course), a snack/lunch bar, driving range, 9 hole pitch & putt/putting greens, and pro-shop. This is a P2P buisness venture???? Can we change the DG culture to accept that P2P is OK, we are testing the waters, & we will see. We are trying something that has NEVER been attempted B4, a DG Park that is put in TO MAKE A PROFIT, YES I said it PROFIT???? PLEASE change your mind, we are NOT trying to take away your FREE courses, we are just trying something totally NEW, and trying to expand your DG course options. Rudy and I (Paulie) are hoping we can fill a nitch that DG desporately needs, a park where all levels of player can come and have fun, be catered to, have all there needs met, expand and grow the sport, and play a course that fits there skill level. Rudy, (co-designer of the Conifer Community Park/Beaver Ranch DG Course), and Paulie (Owner and Designer of Phantom Falls DGC) are trying something new and exciting, will you support us?? We hope so. Please join our facebook groop @ http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/MMDGP for hours of operation, specials, directions, tournaments, etc. Come check it out, I think you will agree, it is OK to P2P. Find our intermediate course information at = http://dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5503
Thank you for your support, and Disc-ON. The pilots of the revolution - Paulie & Rudy.

You should get in touch with the folks at Sabattus in Maine, they've been making a 3 course pay to play complex work for a while now, with a similar 3 level setup that draws players of all skill levels. When I was there, the guy at the counter told me they were pulling in 1200+ paying customers per week. Good luck, I'd love to make it out there some time and check out what you're building.

Good luck, Paulie. I for one will be coming to play first chance I get, and I don't have an issue with P2P. If it's a quality experience, which from what i've heard, Mountain Meadows will be, it will be money well spent. :thmbup:

I have no issues with P2P, as long as the money is used. I hate nothing more than paying to get into a course and finding it in disrepair with trash everywhere. I get the vibe that you guys are doing it right though, so bravo.

I will definitely be checking this course out this weekend. I'm from SW Missouri but I'm working in Denver. So far this city is a disc golf mecca by comparison back home! P2P? If its for a good cause(recouping costs is worthy). If you end up with more though it should become free or to manage upkeep.

This is a business venture, it will take years to recover our investment, but when we do, we want to turn a profit. It is OK for innova, discraft, Dynamic Discs, Vibram, Keen, the gas station, subway, and liquor store, on the way to the course, etc. etc. etc. to make a profit on Dg players - right? Why is it NOT OK for the guys who actually worked there arses off and took the chance ($$$$$$$) to put in a quality DG course/park make some $$?? We have a HUGE investment in this project, so it will take a long time (years) to break even, but when we do, we will treat this like any other business venture, and we are hoping to turn a profit. It is an uphill battle to change the unreasonable/entitlement (FREE) mentality of the DG culture, but it IS OK to P2P for a quality DG course, and it IS OK for course developers/designers to make a profit. Everyone else is making $$, why not the actual course(s) that you play, could you imagine NOT paying at a ball golf course, even at the muni?? We hope you come check it out, and see 1st hand what we are up to. Sorry if this sound harsh, but we have killed ourselves trying to make a go of our DG dream, and we need DG'ers to try and open there mind to accept this new style of DG course installation. Regards - Paulie

I will definitely be checking this course out this weekend. I'm from SW Missouri but I'm working in Denver. So far this city is a disc golf mecca by comparison back home! P2P? If its for a good cause(recouping costs is worthy). If you end up with more though it should become free or to manage upkeep.

Why should it become free?? This is on private property. If you had a course on your property would you open it up to every butt tossing, beer can throwing chucker that showed up? Free of charge? I think not.
Basically, they've built a recreational facility, and spent a lot of money doing it, so they are charging admission, just like everyone else with similar facilities. I would P2P there just to avoid previously mentioned chuckers and the trail of debris they leave behind. Those that don't like to pay a few bucks don't have to go there.
Good luck, Paulie. I think there will be enough people that "get it" to make it successful. I'll see you when I get a chance. :thmbup:

Last edited:
This is where the sport has to go if people want it to be taken seriously. However, there are plenty who don't care for that. Me, I say go for it and make some money, and good luck!

:clap: Yours is the first Colorado addition to my Wish List: I will go there if I ever get out to the Denver area.
Looked at the Facebook page and saw your shiny baskets. What brand is that? I love the upper rings that look like they might deflect a high shot into the basket, rather than out (unlike Innova's chastity belt tops! :doh: )

Those are Disc-In Baskets. They are the Rolls-Royce of DG baskets, BEST on the market (BAR-NONE), and electracoated in GOLD. They are PDGA aprvd. and we just purchased the company, and manufactured in Colorado-USA, NOT CHINA!!!! We are very proud of our product, and we are in production of the baskets now. The 1st three runs will go up @ Mountain Meadows DGP. After we get our park "set up" we will make them available for purchase by the gen-pub. Look for Disc-In in the near future. Thanks - Paulie

This is a business venture, it will take years to recover our investment, but when we do, we want to turn a profit. It is OK for innova, discraft, Dynamic Discs, Vibram, Keen, the gas station, subway, and liquor store, on the way to the course, etc. etc. etc. to make a profit on Dg players - right? Why is it NOT OK for the guys who actually worked there arses off and took the chance ($$$$$$$) to put in a quality DG course/park make some $$?? We have a HUGE investment in this project, so it will take a long time (years) to break even, but when we do, we will treat this like any other business venture, and we are hoping to turn a profit. It is an uphill battle to change the unreasonable/entitlement (FREE) mentality of the DG culture, but it IS OK to P2P for a quality DG course, and it IS OK for course developers/designers to make a profit. Everyone else is making $$, why not the actual course(s) that you play, could you imagine NOT paying at a ball golf course, even at the muni?? We hope you come check it out, and see 1st hand what we are up to. Sorry if this sound harsh, but we have killed ourselves trying to make a go of our DG dream, and we need DG'ers to try and open there mind to accept this new style of DG course installation. Regards - Paulie

I want to hangout with you and brainstorm . . . I just started my LLC too and there need to be ways to get past the entitlement feeling.

Just moved to Laramie, WY and will be down to play this course before summer is out! Along with PF and Beaver Ranch of course!

Way to go paulie, this disc golf mega-course sounds sweet!
I am developing a similar multi-course disc golf center in the Adirondack Mountains in NY, and it makes my blood boil to hear people tell you to make your course free if you make too much money. I hope you get rich!!!

Kudos to you for making your dream a reality. It sounds really exciting. I wish you the very best and I hope your venture is a huge success.

Paulie,

Are there plans to lengthen teepads at all this summer? That was my only complaint from this past weekend. Otherwise the course is looking great!

Played the course a few times and have a review that I'm writing for. I want it to be good and well written so I'm not just going to hack one out. Excellent course and I hope it succeeds beyond either your's or Rudy's wildest dreams. I know it's just starting and you guys will be making it into what discgolf in the mountains should be like. Hard technical shots with breathtaking views! Haters will always find something wrong and some people think DG should ALWAYS be free, the rest of us know that you pay for the quality you get. And the courses in that area have never failed to impress. Also super cheap for a day's worth of entertainment and exercise.

Thanks Eric - Going over there now to open up. We are now open every Friday 10 to 7, Sat 9 to 7, Sun 9 to 7, & Mon 10 to 7. Last tee-time @ 5(ish) please. Hope to see you out @ MMDGP often. Thanks again for your support. Disc-On - Paulie

Latest posts