• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

What should I throw instead of the inertia when it's windy? I know it depends on the hole but is there a disc that has the same flight when it's windy?

There are a couple of possibilities here, none of which are necessarily a complete fix. You could possibly go with a heavier Inertia, throw with more hyzer, or bump up to a more stable mold like the Tesla. There is definitely a big gap between the Inertia and Tesla. I'm hoping there is an Axiom tweener with enhanced glide in the near future.

Any advice on what weight inertia to get. I throw my 170-175 volts and amps 300, 165 servo 167 switch about the same. I've read on here that they fly pretty close through the weight ranges but I want a good reliable long d driver that I can make fly as intended at my power level. Low 160's high 160's or would a 170-172 be just as good but handle wind a bit better and still get out there as good as a lighter one.

It would depends how much spin you get on your disc at release. If you get a lot of spin you may want to go heavier to keep it more stable and not as snap happy. Of course if you want something that can handle the wind better heavier is always best.

Only been playing a year so I think my snap will improve as it has since I started, but I wouldn't say I'm putting enough spin on the discs as I would like. Do you think 165-168 would be a good middle ground to work with without it being too flippy.

If your switch doesn't turn over hard on you at that weight, I would think the same weight should work for you with an inertia.

Thanks so much for your help brutalbrutus. I'll go with 165-168 range. The switch has been a strange one for me. Sometimes it stays turned over other times it fades out like a mother. I'm hoping the inspire will be a little more predictable for me once I get to pick one up.

Yea the switch has a katana like ability to fade out of a turn when not totally snapped over. I just lost my leopard so I too will probably be getting an inspire soon. You may want to stick to the upper end of your weight range on the inertia, so it wont be as squirrely in the wind. And maybe get a 173ish one for windy days if you have the money for backups.

Will do and thanks again. Now to pick a color??? Man MVP has so many sweet ones to choose from

This continues to be a great disc for me. So much so that I ordered a back up because I don't want to be with out it. I already depend on it that much.
It flies so Effortlessly, nice and straight at my power, or holds a nice anny too. Loving this disc.

Just took my new Inertia out for a round and I am LOVING this disc. This is my first distance driver (unless you consider the Mantis a distance driver - I've heard a lot of people calling it a fairway driver), and I couldn't be happier. I got a 165 and it works just fine for me (I really do not have a big arm, and was a little worried about it even at that weight). I will probably be getting a Tesla at either the same weight or a bit lighter.

Ended up getting a 171g Inertia and I dig it so far. Flying farther for me than my volts and amp. About 20-40' which is awesome. Got a tip on grip from my local pro and it is paying off big time. Glad I got a 171g as it is flying just as I hoped, straight with turn if needed. And longest disc in my bag.

There are a couple of possibilities here, none of which are necessarily a complete fix. You could possibly go with a heavier Inertia, throw with more hyzer, or bump up to a more stable mold like the Tesla. There is definitely a big gap between the Inertia and Tesla. I'm hoping there is an Axiom tweener with enhanced glide in the near future.

I wouldn't some elaboration my good man. Is the gap so large that a beat Tesla won't overlap with a new Inertia?

I wouldn't some elaboration my good man. Is the gap so large that a beat Tesla won't overlap with a new Inertia?

oh absolutely. maybe you could do it with a light tesla, max inertia, but still probably not.

i do hope they make a disc between the two, and i want it to have a black overmold, if you namsayen.

oh absolutely. maybe you could do it with a light tesla, max inertia, but still probably not.

i do hope they make a disc between the two, and i want it to have a black overmold, if you namsayen.

I've been pretty happy with this setup. I carry a max weight Motion, max Tesla, 165 Tesla, max Inertia, 168 Impulse. The two Teslas have gotten seasoned a bit so I've got all my stabilities pretty well covered.

I've been pretty happy with this setup. I carry a max weight Motion, max Tesla, 165 Tesla, max Inertia, 168 Impulse. The two Teslas have gotten seasoned a bit so I've got all my stabilities pretty well covered.

I'm debating whether to throw a 159 tesla or 163 in my bag to compliment a max weight one. Have you thrown one as light as 159 Mike?

Yep, I actually have a 155 green Tesla that I've experimented with. I was surprised at how controlled the flight felt at that low of a weight. I love that disc in a tailwind, and in calm conditions I can get some extremely straight flights throw with a bit of hyzer.

I'm gonna have to throw it back in my bag now that I'm thinking about it.

Just got a 171 blue Inertia today. Feels great in the hand, very similar to the way my Volt feels, which is my favorite driver. From all the reviews, I was expecting less stability than what I am seeing so far. I might have been a bit tired throwing it today, (went swimming with the family earlier in the afternoon) but all my other discs I threw today seemed to fly about the same for me as they always do. It was pretty busy on the course though, and I was also kinda rushed, so I'll have to just get out and play with it some more when it's not so crowded hopefully. I did have a couple of good throws with it, had one of my longest I've ever had on one hole in particular, and it was definitely straighter than my Flow in the fade, which is what I normally throw on that hole, so it came up closer to the basket than I usually get. While some of the throws I had with it today were definitely longer than I can get with my Volt, I haven't dialed in on it just yet, and it's the least impressive MVP disc I've gotten so far. Every other one I have been pretty much in love with from the first throw. Maybe I just need to give this one some time.

@ZenD--difinitely give it a few weeks to break in a little...but you might need to drop to a lighter weight if you're not seeing the turn you want. I started with a 168, and traded it for a 174, and there's a definite difference in HSS. That, or move to the Impulse.

Been toying with a 155g Inertia that Aim sent me (Thanks bro!) and was rather impressed.
I'm thinking that a heavier one (read 166g) might be worth a try.