• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

can anyone compare this to the champ tern? I'm curious about overlap.

more star like regarding the HSS and a little slower IMO.

This. Similar stability to star, but the lower speed rating makes it even a bit flippier on the same throw. Tern's got more D potential I find still, but both take good angles to max out.

I feel like you won't have a ton of overlap with the Champ Tern.

I can definitely see that. I can't get any turn out of my Tesla, but I have to throw the Inertia with a hyzer so that it won't turn and burn on me. I feel like there could be a disc that will handle good power, but fade less than what the Tesla does.

Yup, I agree. I haven't seen any turn out of my Teslas and i have 155 and 157. Maybe when they break in more it may develop, but I can see room for another driver in between, and I bet it comes from Axiom.

The Inertia is what i would have imagined MVP's most uderstable driver to fly like.

I would agree with that. I was surprised at the level of understability. I'm finally understanding it, but it has taken a bit.

The Inertia is what i would have imagined MVP's most uderstable driver to fly like.

Why? Other companies make much more understable and even faster discs IMO which are nearly useless for anyone with 300'+ of power. I didn't expect it to be such a turning machine but for people who cant throw that far (ive witnessed it a few times now) the disc doesn't fly understable at all.

So I threw my first ever 400 foot drive with this disc today. I came close twice last week but finally cracked it today. Total fanboy crush on MVP nowadays.

Trying to figure out if I should pick one of these up. I have a wraith, 2 beast, 3 valks, and a volt. If so, what weight? I'm about a 300-325 max thrower with a valk. I mainly use my beast only for long downhill shots or sometimes when I need more fade and I rarely use my wraith.

I'm not a fan of my volt, but I love the other MVP plastic I own (vector, axis, tangent, anode, ion)

Trying to figure out if I should pick one of these up. I have a wraith, 2 beast, 3 valks, and a volt. If so, what weight? I'm about a 300-325 max thrower with a valk. I mainly use my beast only for long downhill shots or sometimes when I need more fade and I rarely use my wraith.

Its going to fall within your beasts/valks given the distance and how you use those discs. I have thrown some pretty OS runs of both as well as pretty understable versions and the inertia is for sure on the understable side at 350'+

Tesla is much more like a wraith and it sounds like your beasts are flying fairly OS so it will compete with your valks for sure.

"accidently" threw my inertia over 400 today. I had a slightly downhill tailwind drive about 360ft. I snapped it out there, it flipped up and never moved. I just carried dead straight passed the basket, over the road, and into a soccer field. It reminded of a quote from my favorite sports movie. "God that was beautiful, what'd I do." 10 internet points to first to name the movie...

I'm not a fan of my volt, but I love the other MVP plastic I own (vector, axis, tangent, anode, ion)

I am a Valkyrie freak, and the more I work with the inertia, the more throws it is taking from my beloved valkyries. The inertia is a noodle arms best friend. I am slowly getting my form to create the snap the inertia loves and reaping the benefits. I have about 350' golf lines and I can control the Inertia like a dream. It is a little more nose sensitive than Valks, but for me, the added benefit of not having to search for oop Valkyries(5x jk champ and sandstrom star) is well worth learning a new disc.

Wow it's what I always wanted. Al Gore will be so sad

Anyway, I am loving my inertia, and in the last few rounds have been getting more and more distance at max effort. Also, when I back off to around 75-85%, it carves some beautiful lines. I just wish I had better form to be able to take advantage of its flip up fly and straight nature. I either release it a hair late. and it crashes right, or get some OAT.

Last edited: