• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Anyway, I am loving my inertia, and in the last few rounds have been getting more and more distance at max effort. Also, when I back off to around 75-85%, it carves some beautiful lines. I just wish I had better form to be able to take advantage of its flip up fly and straight nature. I either release it a hair late. and it crashes right, or get some OAT.

I count at least two typos here...:doh: lol

So I got my 156 inertia from community discs today and...

HOLY UFO BATMAN!

This thing bombs. Effortlessly. I still need to dial it in a bit but this is crazy. It just takes off and starts lifting, gaining altitude. I have never thrown a disc like this before. I found myself saying holy crop after nearly every drive. I can't wait to go throw this thing again... And again...

Disclaimer: I only have about 300 feet of power.

Then this may be the perfect disc for you. After initially not liking the inertia, I have been won over. This disc carves such nice lines. Lately I have been getting more distance from it too.

This disc does really excel for those who don't have great power. I would use mine more if I had better control of nose angles for discs at this speed, but that's me. It really does have great distance potential.

The Inertia is the real deal. I can't suggest this disc enough to anyone with 350' or less of power...which is the vast majority of disc golfers.

Yesterday during my field testing I took the Inertia and gave it a little better snap and some anny. It took off and bombed for a long turnover. It may have gone 350 were it not for that darn tree.

even with 350'+ its a great disc. I have been using it for some huge 400'+ rollers and wide open distance shots. Its the longest disc I have thrown in a while and perfect compliment IMO to the tesla. There is room for sure to have another mold but ill use a beat tesla(lighter weight), fresh heavier and the inertia all day everyday. I have been consistently hitting more 400'+ shots with this disc than ever before and accurately. Few days ago I was out driving some 350' pins and it was shinning in the calm condtions. Super fun distance driver reminds me of tossing my old good valks back in 2009 when I first found a new level of distance in BH hitting 300+.

When I first got it I really didn't like it but as of late it's been my favorite. That's why I was pissed off when I lost it yesterday. I think I might wait until I throw the inspire to see if I should get another.

So I got my 156 inertia from community discs today and...

HOLY UFO BATMAN!

This thing bombs. Effortlessly. I still need to dial it in a bit but this is crazy. It just takes off and starts lifting, gaining altitude. I have never thrown a disc like this before. I found myself saying holy crop after nearly every drive. I can't wait to go throw this thing again... And again...

Disclaimer: I only have about 300 feet of power.

Sounds like I could have wrote that. I also throw around 300 or maybe just a little more and this thing definitely bombs with little effort. I loved it so much I ordered stack of 5 so I could stand in a field and throw them back to back. It's my go to control driver. If I want total max distance and I'm looking at a wide open shot in a field I'll pull out the Tern but otherwise this is my distance driver of choice. Some find it understable but I find it neutral. It tracks a little right for most of the flight then pulls back to the centerline right at the end - thing of beauty.

I'm still back/forth on this disc. I have a few field throws with it @ 375-400 (which is basically my D ceiling, I max Terns out about 375 on most throws,) but I really have to nail all the elements (timing, nose/wing angles) to really get the most out of it with some sense of accuracy.

I also have more than a few field throws where I go either too low, or too shallow on the hyzer where it turns into a weed-whacker.

it's great when I'm in the soccer field, because I can throw it as high as it needs, but so often around here, I'm dealing with low ceilings, and that's my danger zone right now with the Inertia, until I can trust myself to hit the angles most every time.

Now, some less amped up thoughts :thmbup:

I liked the slightly softer neutron plastic. It reminded me of my favorite star plastic discs. The Inertia was the first disc from MVP where I really noticed flashing. Two lines of it actually, one on the edge of the overmold, the other on the bottom edge of the rim. It wasn't the sharp type of flashing, but it was noticeable right away in picking it up. I am sure the flashing will go away quickly upon break-in as it has already started to be less noticeable after 22 holes.

As I said yesterday, I still need to dial this disc in, but flight-wise it was very neutral. I think its going to be very controlable once I learn the disc. My first drive with it was a huge anny. It held it till the very end and started to flatten out just before landing flat. The basket is under the canopy of a large Oak tree and I have only reached the canopy a few times in the past as I have trouble getting discs to stay turned over that long at my power. Its also slightly down hill at the very end, so the discs usually want to start fading out. Second shot I hit a window that I rarely do. Third I had a long birdie look that I only get on my very best throws with my Amps. The ease with which I made these shots has me quite excited. I think this disc is going to be a game changer for me.

Does anyone else put their Inertia in with their fairway drivers?

My higher speed fairway drivers are Volt/Amp/Inertia. I don't really see a lot of distance difference between them.

inertia is longer than my volt (which was my DD pretty much all last summer)... Its the longest MVP disc IMO from rollers to big D shots. Tesla is up there too but its a different kind of line and flight to get the same D.

Last edited:
Definitely longer than my fairways and definitely my longest MVP disc. It's my staple control driver when I have room to let it work. It sits right in the middle between my fairways and all out distance drivers (usually Tern).

The Inertia is definitely my longest MVP disc. It's my go-to for maximum D. I rolled it about 360 feet yesterday for my first ever birdie look on a hole that I've NEVER birdied. It actually went a tad past the basket, but 30 feet to the right.

I missed the putt, of course...but that roll was SWEET!

I've got my Inertia pretty dialed in now and I can get very long and straight hyzer flips. There is a hole in particular where it shines on one of the local courses. It's a downhill hole that is pushing 500' (though I don't remember the exact distance) and has several trees right off the tee. There is a hyzer gap and a straight gap that you must choose, and you also must throw down the hill or else you will go right into the canopy of the trees. I rip my Inertia with a lot of hyzer right down the center gap...it takes about 200' to get to flat and then turns and fades ever so slightly. I haven't gotten in the circle yet, but my Inertia has been closing in every time I play there. This shot can handle some wind variance as well (my disc is 175).

I need a mx wt. one. Mine's a 168 I think, and is a bit touchy for me unless I can get it fairly high. I'm an Amp guy, in that it's one of the longer discs I carry, and the Inertia I have is definitely capable of being longer, just I rarely get the angles/timing just right to really max it out. One of my longest field throws to date was with it.

I started with a 166 which I was never comfortable with, but got a 172 which has been a sweet spot apparently. It's grown on me, and once I got comfortable with how it does things, it has actually become a vital disc in the bag.

Nice review Big John! Pretty much everything he said is what I've found. Especially about it being his longest disc.

What should I throw instead of the inertia when it's windy? I know it depends on the hole but is there a disc that has the same flight when it's windy?