• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oregon 4/30-5/4

blazerico

Eagle Member
Hey all,
I'm heading to the Portland area to play for a few days. Feel free to make recommendations on local eateries or oddities that I shouldn't miss while passing through. I've been to OR a few times, but never for disc. Are there any group events I should be aware of next week? Tags, doubles, league nights, etc? at the following courses:

Tues. - Pier
Wed. - Whistler's and Dexter
Thurs. - Milo and Timber
Fri. - Horning's
Sat. - Pier or other if time before flight

thanks in advance!

A pretty cool place to stay in Troutdale would be the McMenamins Edgefield Lodge. Close to Blue Lake and Dabney, fairly close to Pier, Milo, Timber and Hornings. They also brew their own. :thmbup:

Hey all,
I'm heading to the Portland area to play for a few days. Feel free to make recommendations on local eateries or oddities that I shouldn't miss while passing through. I've been to OR a few times, but never for disc. Are there any group events I should be aware of next week? Tags, doubles, league nights, etc? at the following courses:

Tues. - Pier
Wed. - Whistler's and Dexter
Thurs. - Milo and Timber
Fri. - Horning's

thanks in advance!

Just a heads up......I see you would like to play Dexter and Whistler's on one day. That is a bit of a long haul down there from Portland to play those 2 and get back up to Milo, FYI. Not saying it can't be done, just saying it might be furthur ;) than you think.

Milo, whistler, hornings, and pier are must plays. Dexter didn't blow me away. I just did this trip last september and I can't wait to go back. Enjoy and have fun. Oh yeah Dabney was pretty fun too.

a bit of a long haul down there from Portland to play those 2 and get back up to Milo, FYI.

I've actually been to Oregon a number of times, just never for disc, so there won't be much sightseeing. Is there some crazy amount of traffic or construction that I am not accounting for??

I'm thinking Portland to Roseburg is around three hours. I'll play Pier around noon, then start the drive toward whistler's, play something along the way, spend the night near whistler's, get up early, play again, drive, play, sleep, drive, play, etc..........that's how a disc golf vacation works. :) Typically, it's a marathon for a few days; but it is completely worth it the whole time!

I've actually been to Oregon a number of times, just never for disc, so there won't be much sightseeing. Is there some crazy amount of traffic or construction that I am not accounting for??

I'm thinking Portland to Roseburg is around three hours. I'll play Pier around noon, then start the drive toward whistler's, play something along the way, spend the night near whistler's, get up early, play again, drive, play, sleep, drive, play, etc..........that's how a disc golf vacation works. :) Typically, it's a marathon for a few days; but it is completely worth it the whole time!

God, I hate to admit it's hard for me to do it like this anymore. You're probably a lot younger than I am. I just don't like to blaze like I used to. Enjoy your trip, man. :thmbup:

weather is looking excellent, I can't wait! feel free to PM me info if you would like to meet up for a round (eg. show me around)

Another option instead of Dexter is North Regional Park (a.k.a. the Grove). It's right off of I5 (although Dexter isn't *that* far off your route either, if you take the shortcut through Creswell). Both are pretty solid courses.. Dexter just had a work party this weekend, so it should be looking pretty good right now, too.

I'd honestly guess it will take you a little more than three hours driving time, unless you travel faster than 75 or so. :p Oh, you'll want to take the north bank road (to Glide, OR) to get to Whistlers.. you have to exit I5 a bit early, but otherwise you have to backtrack quite a bit from Roseburg.

Hey all,

Tues. - Pier
Wed. - Blue Lake and Dabney
Thurs. - Milo and Timber
Fri. - Horning's

thanks in advance!

That is how I would play but if you like driving head south you will be amazed. If yah get ahold of me before you hit hornings will come out and show you the wounders..

Hippy007

Day 1 - Pier and Blue Lake. Both courses had a similar problem- lack of signage! Even with maps, it was hard to figure out where to go most of the time. Overall, I had a good time at both and threw pretty well, but a few next tee signs would have made things easier.

Day 2 - WHISTLER'S BEND!, Dexter and Bryant. Whistler's was freakin amazing and made it right to my top five played. I met the course designer on hole 8 and hung with him until the "top of the world" hole. Dexter and Bryant were okay, but neither had anything special to boast about.

Yah let me know if you want me to show you around Horning's on Fri.. I am more then willing to show you all the... It is a fun full day of golf out there. Pack food with you to Horning's cause it takes a drive back to north plains to get any.

Hippy007

Latest posts