• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Beaver State Fling presented by KEEN 07-Jun to 09-Jun-2019

It may be a bit hard to tell on video, but that green slopes away from the basket at least 35 feet. I was there and it felt to me that Eagle wanted to insure his 3, not risk a roll-away for 4, and try to win in a playoff. I was planning my playoff spectating strategy myself because I fully expected Seppo to make that putt, he was only inches outside circle one. I'm sure Eagle expected him to hit that putt, too.

I think Eagle was prepared for a playoff, but he know's Seppo's game, and he misses A LOT of circles edge putts. He had some spectacular putts down the stretch and given his finish likely putted well all tournament. But that pressure, in that moment, I like the lay up odds and forcing the make for Seppo. If it's Paul/Ricky, I think Eagle runs it. Purely speculative, but that's my take.

I wanted Seppo to cash it so bad!

As the post went on I think it became clear that low was more incidental to his overall point that Seppo straight gakked that putt. And he really did. Low or high, he was mentally off his game for a moment and his timing was completely blown. Maybe he was thinking about the crowd, maybe the playoff, maybe the score... maybe he was just thinking too much about making sure his pop was just right and he lost track of simply putting it where he wanted it. But in any case - it seems paulw's point was that that was a truly blown putt, more so than any specific message about just being low.

Sure, I just felt a need to vent over the typical low/high comment, I agree that in this instance low putt was a sign of nerves etc.

Yeah -- pretty much. But the idea that the putt isn't high enough at that moment is almost more gacky than other times since the only thing that mattered was making that putt.

He can't miss low/soft because third place isn't on the table. He had strokes on third so run that putt hard -- he couldn't give up any $$. He had nothing to lose. It's like in doubles when your partner is under the basket -- don't be short/low.

It should remove the pressure from Seppo at that moment since even if he airballs, he's still at the same place but yet he still flinched. Him not making it -- or at least not making a quality run at it, makes Eagle look like a genius. Eagle was right, I was hoping he was wrong because watching those 2 in a playoff would have been way more gooder than the anti-climatic ending we got.

I wanted the putt to go in, (I want every thrown disc to go in . . . it's just a better way to enjoy the game/competition -- yes, even the people I'm competing with -- throw it in) think how great the playoff could/should/would have been had he made it.

Eagle goes throw his mindset on the last 3 holes in the interview on Smashboxx, and how he played them and why
Feels like he was not in a good place mentaly . . .and if he had lost again in a playoff that would have been really bad for Eagle

Jordan Castro be like:

OptimalResponsibleBellfrog-size_restricted.gif

Latest posts