• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: Santa Cruz Masters Cup Presented by Innova May 28-30

When he threw that, thought,
"WTF did he just do?":confused: :eek: :confused:

... had to watch it a replay it a couple of times to figure out what he did and how he released it.

I've seen him throw that shot several times on that hole in ccdg and jomez vids and it makes my arm hurt everytime, lol...

Paige being Paige...

What do you figure the age difference is between Kona and Alexis ....and JK?

Paige being Paige...

What do you figure the age difference is between Kona and Alexis ....and JK?

To my knowledge, Kona is 23ish (based on the last time she played in juniors at worlds, 2016) and Alexis is a couple years younger (won under 16s in 2016 and under 18s at worlds in 2017). JK is more than old enough to be their mother having turned 50 this year. It's almost unbelievable how great she still is at throwing, especially after having been away from tournament play for so long.

Any idea what happened to Anthon? He seemed to be playing well then dropped. Assuming he either got hurt or had a car to sell

Looks like Paige played her exakt rating. . .
Very few FPO rounds under par...not a single one in R2 anR3

JK played well but her putting cost her, that 4putt in R2 cost her the podium, and she missed a few very short ones

Has this been discussed or does anyone know: Is Korver going to be an active presence? Or is she just enjoying a nice lil tour close to home before going back to her freestyle fun and whatever else she focuses on in life?

Has this been discussed or does anyone know: Is Korver going to be an active presence? Or is she just enjoying a nice lil tour close to home before going back to her freestyle fun and whatever else she focuses on in life?

She is registered for 3 more DGPT, Worlds, and US Masters currently so active in comparison to the past few years.

JK's high overall placement despite her putting woes I think shows that at its heart, DG is still a sport of touch, placement, lines, knowledge, and strategy, all of which a multiple champion clearly must have had. It is also encouraging to this 50-something player that age alone need not prevent anyone from competing at even the highest levels of the sport. I will never have the ability to throw 550', but I am physically capable of hitting small gaps and being 100% from C1. Never has happened over an entire round, but I am at least capable of it.

Looks like Paige played her exakt rating. . .
Very few FPO rounds under par...not a single one in R2 anR3

JK played well but her putting cost her, that 4putt in R2 cost her the podium, and she missed a few very short ones

The pars were appropriate for FPO (except #8 maybe should have been par 4). However, they were mostly tough pars, with many more bogeys (and up) than birdies.

attachment.php

For FPO to have the same experience as MPO, the FPO holes need to be 75% to 80% as long.

Attachments

• MC21FPO.png
    MC21FPO.png
    19 KB · Views: 135
Adam Hammes has 2 elite skills: putting, and that power forehand. The rest of his game ain't bad either. Fun watch.

JK's high overall placement despite her putting woes I think shows that at its heart, DG is still a sport of touch, placement, lines, knowledge, and strategy, all of which a multiple champion clearly must have had. It is also encouraging to this 50-something player that age alone need not prevent anyone from competing at even the highest levels of the sport. I will never have the ability to throw 550', but I am physically capable of hitting small gaps and being 100% from C1. Never has happened over an entire round, but I am at least capable of it.

Juliana could have won this event had she hit some of those putts. I heard her say in a recent interview that towards the end of her touring days in the mid 2000s she had putting woes and confidence problems and could relate to what Cat was going through. Looks like perhaps those issues have never been resolved.

For all the talk of Paige being a bomber, I am 100% convinced now more than ever the real separator of her from the rest of the field is putting confidence and attitude. Say whatever you want about her but when she steps up to putt she's got that look and attitude you see out of Paul and Ricky, that confidence, that just exudes. It's undeniable at this point. It matters big time because confidence leads to a great stroke and great strokes are more likely to have a chance to go in.

The rest of the field just seems tense and tentative putting, and more often than not that will lead to cage bangers and air balls. I can see Hailey and Heather Young perhaps having that confidence but they both need work off the tee to become more of a threat.

One thing that reall pay struck me on coverage was how the course routing decisions manifested as what seemed to me a very poor choice for a final hole. There just wasn't a whole lot of required execution for Hammes to get the par on 24. You'd really like that final hole to offer the chance for someone up a stroke to have to work for the par, IMO.

I get that they did it to hopefully prevent some flow issues, although I wonder whether that worked given the 5 hour rounds and multiple consecutive 20 minute waits that the lead cards were experiencing.

With all the cliffs and rough and difficult lies on that course, I would imagine delays are unavoidable, regardless of the sequence of holes. Seems like I saw more prone position putts and scrambles than I have seen in quite some time. The tougher the last hole is, the longer the wait to play it, which does present its own brand of suspense of dealing with nerves, for sure. Perhaps, with relatively fewer players like this event had, the answer would have been more staggered starting times.

With all the cliffs and rough and difficult lies on that course, I would imagine delays are unavoidable, regardless of the sequence of holes. Seems like I saw more prone position putts and scrambles than I have seen in quite some time. The tougher the last hole is, the longer the wait to play it, which does present its own brand of suspense of dealing with nerves, for sure. Perhaps, with relatively fewer players like this event had, the answer would have been more staggered starting times.

From what I've heard is that Dela is pretty much dunzo in terms of being a major/elite level pro tour stop and is going the way of Fountain Hills did into an A tier.

From what I've heard is that Dela is pretty much dunzo in terms of being a major/elite level pro tour stop and is going the way of Fountain Hills did into an A tier.

who'd you hear this from/how reliable is it? It'd be sad to watch this course go off the tour. I understand cell coverage is poor, but man the course is great to watch.

who'd you hear this from/how reliable is it? It'd be sad to watch this course go off the tour. I understand cell coverage is poor, but man the course is great to watch.

The course is more interesting to watch than many mostly for the fluke factor. The list of reasons it is not a suitable tour venue is a mile long though. (poor signal, it being a poster child for erosion, having multiple holes next to public byways, having crossing fairways, being unacceptably dangerous, etc)

I heard her say in an interview that due to COVID related issues she can't compete in freestyle competitions as much right now so she switched back over to disc golf. I bet she is pretty good in freestyle..

I heard her say in an interview that due to COVID related issues she can't compete in freestyle competitions as much right now so she switched back over to disc golf. I bet she is pretty good in freestyle..

Listen to the Sexton podcast where he interviews her, she's still active and at a high level in other disc sports including freestyle.

Latest posts