• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Quick question, my tournament on May 27th didnt make it into my update this time. Should have been as it was before June so I dug a little deeper and it still shows the white/silver "unofficial" trophy icon on the "Events" page. Seeing as the results were entered like 2 days after the tourney I can only imagine/assume there is some issue with payment from the TD? Is there any other reason for tourney results to be unofficial for this long? Thanks!

On topic.... nothing to update without that result so stayed the same. :(

Looks like this update did drop two rounds (uses 31 rounds instead of 33), but you still have two "bad" rounds from June of last year. Your last rated round is May of this year, and the rating calculation takes rounds from 12 months prior to your last rated round. Your rounds from early June of last year won't drop until you get some fresh rounds on the books.

Yeah it looks like the two events I played in late May didn't get included for some reason.

Quick question, my tournament on May 27th didnt make it into my update this time. Should have been as it was before June so I dug a little deeper and it still shows the white/silver "unofficial" trophy icon on the "Events" page. Seeing as the results were entered like 2 days after the tourney I can only imagine/assume there is some issue with payment from the TD? Is there any other reason for tourney results to be unofficial for this long? Thanks!

On topic.... nothing to update without that result so stayed the same. :(

Here's the process for the TD...

1) Upload unofficial results directly to the event page.

2) Complete and email the official tournament report (an Excel spreadsheet file) to the PDGA.

3) Make payment of fees owed (paypal or check).

Step 1 is what you are seeing right now, and those results are irrelevant as far as ratings deadlines go. Those results aren't used by the PDGA (they're for our convenience, not theirs) and are actually discarded/overwritten when the official report is submitted and processed.

When the report is processed, the event will appear in your player profile page with your points (note points are different than ratings) tabulated. If the event hasn't appeared there yet, then the official report didn't make the deadline for this update. So it will continue to show as unofficial until the report is processed and the ratings are updated again.

Here's the process for the TD...

1) Upload unofficial results directly to the event page.

2) Complete and email the official tournament report (an Excel spreadsheet file) to the PDGA.

3) Make payment of fees owed (paypal or check).

Step 1 is what you are seeing right now, and those results are irrelevant as far as ratings deadlines go. Those results aren't used by the PDGA (they're for our convenience, not theirs) and are actually discarded/overwritten when the official report is submitted and processed.

When the report is processed, the event will appear in your player profile page with your points (note points are different than ratings) tabulated. If the event hasn't appeared there yet, then the official report didn't make the deadline for this update. So it will continue to show as unofficial until the report is processed and the ratings are updated again.

Well that hasn't happened for the last tourney I was in a few weeks ago. Too bad because I was looking forward to having an improvement. Looks like step 1 is complete but either 2 and/or 3 are not done. :\

Despite some new bad rounds, I went up 7, because I had a couple really bad rounds drop off.

Got my number last week. First rating is 952 based off my tournament from an A tier 3 weeks ago. Should go up to 980ish with my 1st A tier win this past weekend at the Battle of Seattle 3.

downward spiral

my first official rated round was earlier this year- 1015, then my first player rating came in at 958, now it's down one point to 957. what's next? 956!? uuugggh.

I am pretty excited. It looks like I am dropping rounds averaging 50 points lower than rounds that I am picking up. Hopefully that will pull up my average and drop a round or two outside of the standard deviation too.

Drat. Only up 3 to 938. I guess that is what happens when you have 70 rounds included in your rating, lol.

I am new to the PDGA, my rating has yet to be updated. How long does it usally take them to update?

Once a month ratings are updated. The deadline for an event to be included is usually 2-3 weeks before the update. So any given event will have a lag of 3-8 weeks between when it's held and when the ratings are computed and included in players' averages.

Once a month ratings are updated. The deadline for an event to be included is usually 2-3 weeks before the update. So any given event will have a lag of 3-8 weeks between when it's held and when the ratings are computed and included in players' averages.

Well in my most recent tournament it has the results posted on the tourney page, but not on my own page.

That's how it works. TD posts results. Later submits report so PDGA can make results and ratings official and part of your stats.

I have been a member of the PDGA, and have been playing sanctioned events, for 14 months now. My question is: when do my lower, earlier rounds start dropping off of my ratings calculation?

The recent update used all of the 48 sanctioned rounds I've played since the start of my, uh, journey :)