• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Is there a way to see what the SSA is for a given round at an event? The event I'm interested in is currently sitting at unofficial, not sure if that matters.

Is there a way to see what the SSA is for a given round at an event? The event I'm interested in is currently sitting at unofficial, not sure if that matters.

No way to find the exact SSA. They used to show it but they've hidden the info because people were scraping (stealing) it from the site against the PDGA's wishes (this stuff is proprietary, after all). You pretty much have to estimate the SSA based on the ratings for the round. Usually isn't too tough to find the rounds closest to 1000 rated and go from there.

Of course, if you look at the site now, it appears there are only 25 PDGA numbers in existence...

Join now and get #26!

Yeah something is really messed up with the site. I just emailed them. Shows me as not current even though I paid up this past April.

Yeah, I got tagged for an extra ten buck for Michigan State Championships for no current PDGA #, while current. Now, I will have to go work on getting my money back at the event. :wall:

On a similar note...First tourney I've ever played in was this spring. First round was rated at 743. This past weekend my second round rated at 875.

:)

So, can someone tell me the logic of the PDGA posting my placement in a tourement last month, but still not the overall field results? Waiting almost 2 months for the field results is annoying. Sorry if this one has been asked already, I just didn't want to sift through all the humble-brags to find my answer

So, can someone tell me the logic of the PDGA posting my placement in a tourement last month, but still not the overall field results? Waiting almost 2 months for the field results is annoying. Sorry if this one has been asked already, I just didn't want to sift through all the humble-brags to find my answer

Sounds like the TD of that event was not very timely in submitting the results.

So that's what you call what I did? :p I like that term. :clap:

I went from 878 to 943 and received enough Pepsi points to buy a jet. Too bad I have to wait until September for my next tournament :(

Mostly talking about myself. I'm a humble-brag glutton.

If the TD was late sending out the results why would it show what place I came in?

The TD sends in an initial report, basically so people can look at their placings and unofficial ratings. Then the TD has to submit a final report, along with sending the sanctioning fees, to make it official. If you click my pdga link, on my dgcr profile, you will see something similar. I played a tourney May31-June1, that hasn't been made official yet. It is listed under recent events, on the front page. And I have 2 tourneys and a league that have been made official, but still waiting on this months update to be included in my rating.

Do they only go official on days the ratings update, or whenever the TD gets in the final report + processing time? I'm waiting for my 1st tourney (early July) to go official and have a bad feeling it missed this update cutoff.

You will see when the tourney results become official, when they appear on your tourney stats. The round ratings however will only become official when the updates occur. The ratings you got for the tourney will likely change on the update day.

Maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by posting your placement but not "field results". Maybe a link to the tournament posting in question would help you get a more definitive answer.

Maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by posting your placement but not "field results". Maybe a link to the tournament posting in question would help you get a more definitive answer.

I'll help Conor out on this one. Here is the link to the tourney in question (Kato Open):

Kanto Open

And here is Conor ' s PDGA profile or whatever it's called:
Mr. BUTLERTTRON

As you can see, it shows him in 1st IN advanced, but the Kanto Open shows nothing.

Latest posts