• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy H1

^ yup, pretty much how my H1 is

Was contemplating trying to flatten it. Haven't tried to yet, and not sure that I will.

Yeah I guess you could flatten it but for my arm, any more OS & I'm not sure it would be throwable for me!
Honestly, anybody in love with with FAF Firebirds should give the H1 a look. I've never thrown a new FAF with 100% of it's stability but these may just be close enough that you won't have to search & pay top dollar anymore

Thanks for the pic, Jamie. It doesn't look a whole lot different from the Firebird. Will have to give one a shot.

Oh yeah...oh yeah, the H1 is a winner. I've got a 172g purple transparent H1 and a 171g opaque electric lavender (had to google the color name) H1 that's a little more OS than the other. The 12x firebird that I have was not as OS as the H1 out of the box and is now in the "trade for Prodigy plastic" pile.

now they need a glidey overstable one for us noodle arms. like how a sfb works better for me than a cfb

It's probably my lack of experience with different types of discs that I can't imagine how a H2 would differ from a F1. I say put a hold on the H2 and give us a gator like mid-range right meow!

It's probably my lack of experience with different types of discs that I can't imagine how a H2 would differ from a F1. I say put a hold on the H2 and give us a gator like mid-range right meow!

Well if the H2 is the same speed as the H1 it will be faster than the F1.
The F1 is a speed 7-ish & the H2, I'm guessing, will be closer to a 10. Maybe like a Banshee vs. a PD speed wise

I don't really see how they're gonna cram all these h discs in there. H1 is already 1.9, same as pd/fb width. F series are 1.8. So if they wanna avoid overlap, control drivers should have started at 2.0 IMO...

I threw this today alongside a 12x champ Firebird and a Lucid Felon, all in the 172-175 category.

I'm not a fan of the 750 plastic. I love it's grip, they overdid with the stiffness in my opinion. I like the 400 series plastic much better. I'd definitely pick up another H1 if they come out in 400. I might also hold off on buying the other H-series disc if they only come out in 750.

Out of the three discs, the H1 had the most stability and the least glide. Only slightly compared the 12x champ Firebird, but noticeable. The H1 definitely dumped the hardest out of all. Surprisingly, I didn't get much of a skip with it. It seemed to want to hurry to the ground and just stay there, where the Firebird and Felon could pop up and skip ahead a few more feet.

This definitely stood up to a 15 mph headwind and laughed at it. 15 isn't enough to keep this from staying straight and finishing with a strong fade.

I can certainly see people digging this if you love the overstable glideless utility discs. The 750 plastic turned me off a bit and I think I'm sticking with the Firebird for now, but I'm hanging on to it to see if it breaks in at all, or if I decide the FB isn't getting the job done.

Also, I'm experimenting with this for long forehand rollers. I was getting some good distance earlier.

Still throwing these bad boys. Still love it. It may sound silly, but it is so glideless and os that I don't use my zone anymore. I know that if I power down on this from a standstill
it's gonna go like 100 feet and spike. The zone always skips even if it lands somewhat edge down due to the configuration of the rim. You really have to intentionally throw a spike with it. This does all the work for me.

Just had to order another after rolling mine into the sewage.... ahem, I mean- water at Fountain Hills.

Still throw h1 and still love it. We had bare ground this weekend and I made a 90 left hand turn from about 100 feet out on a small skip shot. Parked.

Sooooooo overstaaaaaaaaabllllllllle.

The other h series just look goofy and pointless. Weirdly huge blunted rim on that h4.