• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PVC disc storage

yeah, those are bagged USDGC rocs.

as a quick overview of my tiers...top to bottom
Top shelf: CE--Teebirds/Leopards:: Gazelles/firebirds/eagles/Valkyries
2nd shelf: Leopards--ProLine/SE/Glo/Pearly Pre-barry :: Pre-barry
3rd shelf: backups--Destroyers/banshees/rhynos :: Teebirds/PD/PD2's
4th shelf: Gators--Glo/stock stamp champ :: CFR/DX
5th shelf: Miscellaneous :: DX rocs and "classic" rocs (the shelf is not there anymore)
6th shelf: Rocs--KC Pro :: Ching/Glo/misc
7th shelf: Rocs-- all USDGC rocs :D

better pics.
DSC03320.jpg
Nicely done. :)

Some questions:

• Did you go with the Formufit pipe, or just their fittings/connectors?
  • If you had to do it again would you change anything? (9" high legs instead of 10"?)
  • Any sagging under loaded weight? Could you go 30" wide instead of 25"?
  • Are the connections snug enough on their own, or did you have to use some adhesive?
Thanks.

mr ericj.
I went with formufit for the fittings only. the piping came from lowes. bundle of 5 5' sections for 8-10bucks.
no sag under the weight I currently have on them and I don't think it would be an issue at 30"
No adhesive used. I actually expanded it by three levels so adhesive would have been a death trap...
I may have shrunk the uprights from 10 to 9 inches but I don't think it would have made a tremendous amount of difference in the overall..
any more questions, feel free to pm me :)

That stash of plastic (on PVC) reminds me of this picture I saw once...

golf_club_organization.jpg

I'll help with a Photobucket audit. It'll only cost you ten discs of my choosing. :)

Youtube it then.

ugh, it's done...
only took 2.5hrs to make sure 600ish (less whats bagged) was in my photobucket and accurate. I found two discs that weren't catalogued and three or four that were sold and just not deleted.
I need to add those two but the rest is accurate!! Virtual vaults are a lot of work.

sweet!
thanks bcr
Was thinking pool noodles but I can never get my cuts straight...

Take a blow torch or a lighter and one of those break off blade box knifes, Expose the whole 4" blade and heat it. It will slice right through those pool noodles.

if anyone builds one of these (because a few people have contacted me lately) PLEASE POST PICTURES!!!
I may need to build a second one if my sale thread (hint,hint) doesn't go so well...
I think my wife would probably kill me at that point.

if anyone builds one of these (because a few people have contacted me lately) PLEASE POST PICTURES!!!
I may need to build a second one if my sale thread (hint,hint) doesn't go so well...
I think my wife would probably kill me at that point.

wife told me if my collection ever gets like that she will kick my butt! hahahaha

Built a couple

mr ericj.
I went with formufit for the fittings only. the piping came from lowes. bundle of 5 5' sections for 8-10bucks.
no sag under the weight I currently have on them and I don't think it would be an issue at 30"
No adhesive used. I actually expanded it by three levels so adhesive would have been a death trap...
I may have shrunk the uprights from 10 to 9 inches but I don't think it would have made a tremendous amount of difference in the overall..
any more questions, feel free to pm me :)
Thanks for the input and inspiration here... I just finished up two racks: a large one for myself and a smaller one for a friend.

• 1.25" fittings from USPlastic.com
  • 1.25" schedule 40 10' pipe from Home Depot
  • Risers: 9-1/16"
  • Lengths: 29-15/16"
  • Depths: 5"
Total cost (material, tax, shipping) for the 4x1 shelf was $74, for the 8x2 shelf was $202. The album linked below has pictures of the spreadsheets with complete cost breakdowns.

IMG_4843.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

Full picture album here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/106701350214212951310/PVCDiscRack

Some lessons learned...

• USPlastics.com was the least expensive site I could find for 1.25" furniture grade PVC fittings.
  • Schedule 40 PVC pipe is 3-4x cheaper than furniture grade pipe, and easily sufficient for this purpose.
  • Making the length segments ~30" works very nicely with 5' or 10' pipe segments.
  • You're going to be cutting a lot of pipe, I made almost 150 cuts. A decent mitre saw makes this really fast and easy. Be sure to account of the width of the blade when measuring and cutting.
  • Making the risers ~9" (vs. 10" as others have done) is sufficient to provide 0.5" clearance on the largest 9" diameter discs and will save you overall height.
  • On schedule-40 pipe there will usually be an ugly line of printing, when assembling make sure you orient the pipe such that the printing is facing the back so it won't show.
  • Assemble all the horizontal shelves first, then put the risers in one level at a time and build your way up.
  • No adhesive necessary, and probably a bad idea anyway if you want to expand later. The fittings are plenty snug on their own, in fact you'll probably want to use a rubber mallet to get the pieces all flush.
No weather stripping on mine for now, not convinced I need it yet.

Last edited:
Nice rack. Thanks for the tips.